Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: F2P Restrictions Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new blog post on the En Masse Entertainment site lays out the details and differences in the new F2P - subscription model for TERA. The game will officially introduce the new revenue model in February. 

Founder status lets you keep all your character slots and bank tabs, plus you’ll receive an exclusive mount and the “Founder” title. The Terminus mount automatically shows up in your skillbook for every character—existing or new.

This applies to anyone who has supported TERA with a purchase of the game (digital or physical).

Check out the different plans side-by-side on the TERA site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75

Not bad at all (1st)

This is one of the best free2play systems I've seen or might say buy2play since if you have founders it's much better so go buy it  now while you can, I bought Tera at release.

• itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999
    so the only thing you get for 14.99 a month is more dungeon entries?

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by itchmon

For some reason they didn't post the full picture, also this information has been out almost a month already. :/

Just go to the TERA page to see the full list, you get some consumables everyday for being elite and a elite mount. The consumables are pretty small, it's 1 hour boosts to XP or pure gold drops, but gold doesn't even drop a lot. You also get some teleportal book.

So ...the difference between founder and elite is 1 hour xp/gold boosts per day, some teleportal book, more dungeon entries/daily quests(nobody does dailies anymore anyways...), a mount, and a teleportal book, an ugly fiery halo and the NPC summon scrolls. All these things will probably be dirt cheap on the broker.

I'm personally just going to stay as a founder and play for free...

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

If you are capped (level 60) and play one character actively (i.e doing the 20 dailies, using extra entries and taking advantage of lesser cooldown) the subscription is definately worth it.

As a levelling player or someone who plays multiple toons it's probably not.

If you spend a lot of hours playing Tera it's worth to sub, if not you are free to use the _extremely_ generous F2P/founder option.

This said, Tera is going to be the best free-to-play MMORPG that's actually _FREE_.

Only game you could compare the F2P is Aion NA (Truly freeTM) but Tera wipes the floor with Aion.

• exile01exile01 Member RarePosts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Pivotelite
    Originally posted by itchmon

For some reason they didn't post the full picture, also this information has been out almost a month already. :/

MMorpg.com doesnt post things unless they get paid. Since Tera f2p will start soon, Publishers starting to pay to write positive reviews about the game.

Nothing works without money friend.

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Well, they actually stuck to their guns and made F2P with relatively no restrictions other than # of characters.  Tera will probably be one of the strongest F2P titles out there.   COME ON FEB!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIsuDlwAiUg

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Like others have said: too generous. 

We'll see how this works for them.

With P2P games the customer feels more entitled to itch and moan as loud as they want because: the customer is king.

I think that with a free variant the will to complain is weaker and people simply go: meh, it's free, I may or may not be back later and I feel no further entitlement.

I felt like this game should've had a system such as this from the get-go. 

if I buy a game...I want to be able to access it somehow.

I want access to what I purchased no matter when! Allow me to decide how I pay for it.

Good for TERA for having a F2P variant.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I wish they would announce a date already! The suspense is killing me.... lol
  • KitsunechiiKitsunechii Member Posts: 10

it's alrady free isn't it? ... at least i play it for free with these limitations

maybe there's something i missed

• tet666tet666 Member UncommonPosts: 295

If u play on eu you play the unlimited trial atm which has more restrictions  then f2p,like no chat and no trading, no bank and no broker.

They will remove these restrictions at f2p launch in february

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469

nice. i bought this half a year ago and liked it, but did not want to use a CC# to go past the free month.

the mystic seemed really fun.

It's supposedly dated February 5th in Europe.

This information was from a steam leak, which is usually quite accurate with release dates.

No confirmation yet though.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Kitsunechii

it's alrady free isn't it? ... at least i play it for free with these limitations

maybe there's something i missed

You're playing one of the free trials i'm assuming which has a ton of restrictions.

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

This is an awesome matrix so far, and what a great way to reward folk for investing in the initial game purchase! kudos to Enmasse/Bluehole for innovative thinking!

I bought my game 2 weeks ago (when the F2P matrix was announced), and have really enjoyed the game immensely so far.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    I want to be a founder, but I'm currently region blocked, and I don't know for sure if it will be lifted once the game goes F2P.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

this is the best F2P model transition. Other companies should learn from this one. You dont take away from free players, instead you give more to paying players. Thats how you do it.

Now, the only thing i see kind of weird here is the character slots. a person paying 15 a month only has 2 character slots per server? i think it would be better like this, free players have 2, founders have 5, and subscribers have max number. But thats just me.

im still a happy founder.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Not a bad F2P template. Not hope the cash shop won't be Pay2Win. Also glad I've purchases TERA in the past already ;-)
  • KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    That looks real good for new ftp ppl. I guess subs will get a buch of ingame credit to spend aswell.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734
    game is for about 19$ at amazon now, but you can download free and play

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246
    The best MMO available atm.
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I've been playing Tera for 3 weeks now and I'm enjoying it.  The leveling gets a little slow and repetitive, but the game is different enough to not feel like anything you've probably played before.  I encourage anyone interested in the game to give a try and see if it's something they'd enjoy.
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

If you are capped (level 60) and play one character actively (i.e doing the 20 dailies, using extra entries and taking advantage of lesser cooldown) the subscription is definately worth it.

As a levelling player or someone who plays multiple toons it's probably not.

If you spend a lot of hours playing Tera it's worth to sub, if not you are free to use the _extremely_ generous F2P/founder option.

This said, Tera is going to be the best free-to-play MMORPG that's actually _FREE_.

Only game you could compare the F2P is Aion NA (Truly freeTM) but Tera wipes the floor with Aion.

Funny you say that because I thought Aion's Truly Free model was great and the game was good.  I would still be playing Aion if there was a pve option.  I"m just not interested in faction based pvp, but I loved the pve.

When I heard Tera was going F2P I bought it and have been leveling an archer (level 23 now).  I love this game.  It's not exactly Aion, but very close in style and the pve is great.

This F2P model is really decent too.

You're in for a treat because Tera shines in PvE encounters.

The PvP is a bit mehhh, but there's a fan base for that aswell :j

• xposeidonxposeidon Member Posts: 384
    So if I bought the game when it launched but cancelled my sub a month after I get to keep founder status and all I had? That'd be nice.

Remember... all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more.

Originally posted by xposeidon
    So if I bought the game when it launched but cancelled my sub a month after I get to keep founder status and all I had? That'd be nice.

What's even nicer is that they offer the founder pack for few more days.

Note that in EU founders get queue priority if the server gets full, I assume this is coming on NA aswell.

It's a major selling point not mentioned on the site.

• AbedulelpinoAbedulelpino Member Posts: 5

Check the link you get more things with elite, the image is not complete, i think the system is good.. but i dont like the fact that you get more gold or exp being elite, the double dungeon entrance is already a big deal.

Look! a penny!