Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sentinel class is censored/uglified

BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

Anyone remember Tera's censorship with the Elins? Same thing with the Sentinels in this game, except they're not allowed to have skin lol, or go nude. Pretty much, they covered them in some God awful grey skin and they're censoring the armors. I don't have alpha access, but apparently there's no nda so go nuts with the pics. Article has pics if you want some rage potions before going to the official site.

http://my.mmosite.com/2221790/blog/item/scarlet_blade_sentinal_class_to_be_censored.html

Comments

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    i just needed to go to the classes section to see what they are pointing at... embarassing.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

The censorship is ridiculous even when I know that I'd never play this game, or the Elin race in Tera either, for example. Apparently, we're all allowed to be subjected to blood, guts, murder, evisceration, death, and everything macabre before we could even hope to see the human body. Our society makes no fucking sense.

If some pedophile wants to get his jollies by playing a computer game, then what's the problem? Personally, I don't find these models to be of 'little girls' in the first place. However, if the people ranting about perverts, or pedophiles, would stop to think about it, I'd rather have those certain individuals "exploiting" pixels and not actual real children. North America is pathetic. Easily offended, always wants everything on a silver platter, some sort of holier-than-thou complex... Ah well.

Oh, the game looks fucking terrible by the way.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Scarlet Blade or "Queen's Blade" is all about the almost nude models and only female characters.

It's truly a perv mmorpg.

To actually go and censor it that badly ruins the whole idea behind the game and makes it a worthless piece of shit that shouldn't exist.

As a mmorpg the game is reallly bad, as a pervy mmorpg it would've been decent.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

Scarlet Blade or "Queen's Blade" is all about the almost nude models and only female characters.

It's truly a perv mmorpg.

To actually go and censor it that badly ruins the whole idea behind the game and makes it a worthless piece of shit that shouldn't exist.

As a mmorpg the game is reallly bad, as a pervy mmorpg it would've been decent.

I agree. The game is based on "pervy" material. What's the point in censoring it?

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by FatDrunk
    Originally posted by couponfork
    Asians should stop being such perverted 12 year old boys and there would be nothing to censor. I don't even understand how these games are appealing, who wants to watch a bunch of naked animations running around? We have XTube for a reason.

Your sweeping negative generalization of both a people and a culture you have little understanding of is immature in itself and deogratory . Korean culture values beauty. It is also one the nations known to go as far as plastic surgery to get it.The females both young adults and women get their eyelids done to make them look bigger and their face-shape change to make it softer and smoother. This is a sign of both beauty, female natural attractiveness and cuteness. Watch any K-pop video and this will be seen. Korea does vaule beauty much.

On the other hand their culture is more relaxed and opened when it comes to sexuality, where the west generally views sexuality as between a married female and male(with the exception of homosexuality, the asian nations do not like this) only and taboo of everything else.  In the west sexuality is something to be ashamed about, where in other countries sexuality is viewed as a natural part of human being. In korea and other asian countries youthfulness in apperance is vauled even if they are 20 or 30. That is why 20-year old korean women often appear as 'cute' with flashy dresses, pretty hairstyles and doe-like eyes in the videos. It is a statement of feminine culture and identity.  Also noting that the game's main target is the demograph of young-adult players which are the main game-players in korea. These players generally do not play as rugged-type 40 year old looking characters or the ugly harsh looking ones.

South Korea does takes pedophilia very seriously. What is done in the fiction world is fiction but pedophilia is not accepted or tolerared. South Korea is also one of the first asian nations to take chemical-casturation into law. Just because the characters are cute in-game does not mean koreans tolerate or accept criminals hurting their children in the real-world.  And infact they have barred any pedophilia foreigners from coming into their shores.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/23/world/asia/south-korea-castration/index.html

http://www.nbc11news.com/internationalnews/headlines/18774054.html

If you were to call them as you have said here "perverted 12 year old boys" as you have here based on a video-game with the hinting that asians are all pedophiles then you are highly mistaken and wrong.

Nice spin, but at the end of the day it means nothing. Their game conent is still perverse.  Red is red black is black have a nice day.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689
    Is Borat one of the lead designers of the original design team?

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Read a short article that promots it as "The first One-Handed gameplay MMO", awesome dig.

Cant wait for all the ragehanded responses.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• ChopsyChuuChopsyChuu Member Posts: 4

Le sigh. Yet another "awesome" adult korean mmorpg to cross off my list. Why don't they just slap a fish-head or brown bag on the game too? I enjoy the characters and I admire the artists who have the art and talent to create them but when I see games like this get shoveled-ware with censors it's such a turn-off.

Just another Tera with some lame arse excuses. People are too far judgemental and worried about video-games than focusing on things in the real world that actually affect them. Not a game where they can choose to play it or not.  So what she's running around in a bathingsuit it's a game. As a chick I'm getting sick of the steroetypical big-boob vendentta's running around in games so that's the reason why i play these characters in the first place. But their always getting censored now for the most stupidest reasons.  =.=

Tera turned into some 12-year old's video-game and Scarlet censored for adults. Nice.  The only charcters that are even close to my body-type rl are getting censored left and right. Seriously are females SUPPOSE to be ashamed of their own sexuality or that they don't have big tits and sky-scraping stilleto's or what?

• patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by FatDrunk
    Asians should stop being such perverted 12 year old boys and there would be nothing to censor. I don't even understand how these games are appealing, who wants to watch a bunch of naked animations running around? We have XTube for a reason.

Your sweeping negative generalization of both a people and a culture you have little understanding of is immature in itself and deogratory . Korean culture values beauty. It is also one the nations known to go as far as plastic surgery to get it.The females both young adults and women get their eyelids done to make them look bigger and their face-shape change to make it softer and smoother. This is a sign of both beauty, female natural attractiveness and cuteness. Watch any K-pop video and this will be seen. Korea does vaule beauty much.

On the other hand their culture is more relaxed and opened when it comes to sexuality, where the west generally views sexuality as between a married female and male(with the exception of homosexuality, the asian nations do not like this) only and taboo of everything else.  In the west sexuality is something to be ashamed about, where in other countries sexuality is viewed as a natural part of human being. In korea and other asian countries youthfulness in apperance is vauled even if they are 20 or 30. That is why 20-year old korean women often appear as 'cute' with flashy dresses, pretty hairstyles and doe-like eyes in the videos. It is a statement of feminine culture and identity.  Also noting that the game's main target is the demograph of young-adult players which are the main game-players in korea. These players generally do not play as rugged-type 40 year old looking characters or the ugly harsh looking ones.

South Korea does takes pedophilia very seriously. What is done in the fiction world is fiction but pedophilia is not accepted or tolerared. South Korea is also one of the first asian nations to take chemical-casturation into law. Just because the characters are cute in-game does not mean koreans tolerate or accept criminals hurting their children in the real-world.  And infact they have barred any pedophilia foreigners from coming into their shores.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/23/world/asia/south-korea-castration/index.html

http://www.nbc11news.com/internationalnews/headlines/18774054.html

If you were to call them as you have said here "perverted 12 year old boys" as you have here based on a video-game with the hinting that asians are all pedophiles then you are highly mistaken and wrong.

I fail to see your point. This class/race, just like elins in TERA, just like 90% of hentai girls, are meant to look like childrens. Not only by the way they look, but by the way they act. It is a problem when the game is obviously trying to be sexy and not cute. We don't see people complaining about loli characters in games like Dragon Nest when the whole style of the game is cartoonish and cute. Obvious solution: Stop making sexed up children looking characters.

K-pop and beauty? Oh please, same thing. They all look like underaged. It is also the epitome of style over substance. Bigger eyes and smoother faces are exactly child like attributes. We say babies have big eyes, because they have a smaller face but the same eye size as an adult.

By this logic, western girls must look like old hags at 25 year olds to them?

Why do I feel like I'm arguing with religious fundamentalists when I argue about this loli/moe culture?

• n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by Hokie

Read a short article that promots it as "The first One-Handed gameplay MMO", awesome dig.

Cant wait for all the ragehanded responses.

I was rofling real hard at that one. If this was reddit i'd buy you gold.

Edit: Accidentally a word.

• ChopsyChuuChopsyChuu Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by patlefort

K-pop and beauty? Oh please, same thing. They all look like underaged. It is also the epitome of style over substance. Bigger eyes and smoother faces are exactly child like attributes. We say babies have big eyes, because they have a smaller face but the same eye size as an adult.

Why do I feel like I'm arguing with religious fundamentalists when I argue about this loli/moe culture?

Some things I wanna say here to patlefort dude. If the sentinels are considered children, then consider me a 16-year old highschooler by apperance as well too. EVEN though I am of age to even play the game. There are females out there that exist that have a petite figure and pretty faces. It's not our faults we're not developed in the chest like the game-industry potrayls what females are suppose to look like, nor is it our fault we're not 7 foot tall standard spreaded by the media outlets as the standard of what the perfect female is suppose to look like.  If chicks want to get in-touch with their feminine side or like cute things there's nothing wrong with it. It's an alternative to the slut n grut stripper-style that's been thrown around alot and the wild big boob beast chicks.  You say children, well I say tiat monsters.

Infact I kinda thank god that I do look the way I do. Atleast I don't have to worry about using botox when i'm 40. :P

There is a physical difference and that difference does occur mostly between a different ethnic people of culture. Some are smaller than others, some are bigger but we're not pedo-bait for something we're essentially born with.  And btw, those K-pop arists you put down are actually pretty AND many are adult professional women who keep themselves in shape and their apperance up. If people in the west don't like how someone looks it then that's their jealous problem. Me, I love how the koreans aren't afraid of feminicity with their cute hairstyles and stuff.

http://seoulbeats.com/2012/01/k-pop-and-asian-america/

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

funny thing i was talking to my sister about this game after i found the asian promo video for it.. the first thing i saw when the girl popped up in it.. was WELL that class is getting screwed later when its in english.. like tera. and to be honest i dont care enough about the game to be upset that they censored it. as the game doesnt appeal to me. 

but that being said.. i find it odly retarded for them to openly state its a mature game title then censor thecrap out of it.  put and age requirement on it so the retards that dictate game ratings shut up. and let people do as they wish. or very least limit that god ugly censor... the skin looks completely horrible... to the point whats the point playing that class if you are going to throw up :/

im shocked they didnt censor the rest just the "kiddy" looking one which is really stupid and comes across hypocritial and out right stupid.

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

"The censors are ugly and stupid and take away from this game just to satisfy a few out there that hate korean culture and artistic freedom"

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Tera is rated M because of the lack of censorship.  I know this may be shocking, but MMO developers count on a certain number of kids playing.  Some parents won't let their kids play rated M games.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Oh  yea...   The  Whipper      Cant wait for this game... I'm going to masterbait all over my PC
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    some of the people defending this garbage is borderline pedos . If it quacks like a duck it is a duck.....seriously make all the rational arguments you want to about this crap if you want to see half naked little kid pixels you are borderline pedo . Say Korean Art asian beauty , whatever you wish but its still images made to look like KIDS half naked. Live in your fantasy world all you wish but go ahead and get caught with images similiar to that and see where you end up.
  • PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334
    Originally posted by cronius77
    some of the people defending this garbage is borderline pedos . If it quacks like a duck it is a duck.....seriously make all the rational arguments you want to about this crap if you want to see half naked little kid pixels you are borderline pedo . Say Korean Art asian beauty , whatever you wish but its still images made to look like KIDS half naked. Live in your fantasy world all you wish but go ahead and get caught with images similiar to that and see where you end up.

And if you go around murdering people in a game you're a murderer, right?

or is that the other standard?

Not that I care if it's censored or not, but lets pick a side and try to stick to it.  Either you are what you game or you're not.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    Tera is rated M because of the lack of censorship.  I know this may be shocking, but MMO developers count on a certain number of kids playing.  Some parents won't let their kids play rated M games.

They get M ratings because of the violence, not because there is a character in the game that looks like a teenager in a swimsuit. I'm pretty sure as long as they dont show nipples, privates or have any sexual references they can get away with whatever skimpy clothing they want and not attract a higher censorship rating.

This isn't about censors, its about not wanting to offend the moral high horse brigade who had no intentions of playing the game in the frist place.

• patlefortpatlefort Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by Popori

Not that I care if it's censored or not, but lets pick a side and try to stick to it.  Either you are what you game or you're not.

Do you play games for the sake of murdering people? I can however guarantee that 90% of people who pick this class will do because of its look.

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Originally posted by Popori

Do you play games for the sake of murdering people? I can however guarantee that 90% of people who pick this class will do because of its look.

and many people play an mmo for the combat system. It goes both ways. I'm an artist and I think censorship is pointless in something that's already M, regardless of what it is. It's just insulting to the legitimate players.

Either way they could at least have censored it in an artistic way, like with tera they don't look completely out of place.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Its disgusting.  Just like it was disgusting in tera.  You over sexualize each and every character model...then toss in a 12 year old into the mix and sexualize them...oops...lets put some bunny ears on that and call it a fantasy alien race of adults right?

I cant belive people are upset about this either...actuall...i can now that i think about it...some sick people in this world out there.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I agree. I dont understand this excessive need that asian producers have to sexualize teens. It is unfitting, disturbing and not to mention just plain out silly. Unless the games are designed for a young teen in mind.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664
    They shouldn't sexualize children.  Is it that hard to understand?
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

Actually, they do.

Western women age terribly by Eastern standards. If you compare Western women at 35 vs Asian women at 35 you will see that a lot of Asian women still look like they are by western standards 25-28 years old where as the western women looks like they are 40-45 years old by Asian standards.

That's why a lot of times Westerners can't really tell how old Asians are.

Quite beside the discussion of the main article, but just thought I point out your unintentionally accurate comment.

• GranDuxGranDux Member Posts: 70

Mind if the contents of mature games who aren't blood and gore offends every ill-begotten prude who mix fiction and the unreal with reality and real-world in this country. Anyone with a rational mind can clearly understand that no persons or real people are harmed in the creation or making of a video-game or any real persons hurt in playing a class on a video-game. It's just the same mainly prudish and illogical debates raised towards the issue of violence in video-games. Violence in games cause mass murders, so mature games cause rapists and wife-beaters etc etc.

Should or should something be censored because others find offense of it? Or should consumers be empowered and allowed to choose what games they want to play voluntarily without censors involved? Is artwork in games regarded as freedom of speech or not regardless if the content is suitable or agreeable for some, and may not for others(that's the main reason why the rating ESRB system exist) or disagreeable? We are all free to choose whatever games we please, and not buy or play the ones we don't like. That stops when game-companies nit-pick and decide what's best for us and give us no choice in the process be it toggles or no toggles, censored or uncensored. Some just want the full and unadultered game experience because it gives them their money's worth and makes the game feel like a true, M-rated or AO game. Not half of one or a kiddified one.

Just with Tera the censorship will still be both idiotic and stupid for years to come. The elins were serverly demonized yet at the same time game companies can release uncensored outfits like bathingsuits in a cash-shop at an extra fee to players with no quarrels about the very designs that's been ham-fisted in pasty censors to the entire game. Even the current censors on sentinel now look a step closer to what the k-tera elins were but not quiet.

The games are not the problem. It is simply those in this country who cannot handle the concept of mature-themed games who justify these pointless and fear-mongering censors. Then game-companies making themselves out to be giant E/T rated nanny-sitters with censors instead of allowing those to choose what games are and not appropriate under their own roofs to appeal to prudes or those who just have problems with games having any hint of being sexy period be it elins or sentinels castanics or Lineage 2 female dwarves or just about any korean or japanese game that doesn't revolve around buckets of gore and blood.

As much as the games are easily censored it's ironic both the television and books of the same mature rating are uncensored. Yet they sit on North-American shelves and stores. See example below. There are many others out there like this as well too yet they are available upon your shores and still sold in stores:

Now you may or may not like the show, maybe not even the characters or themes and hate the entire show itself. That is fine everyone is entilted to like or dislike things. But does it still mean if some are offended at it should be butchered and hacked in censors? I don't think so. And if a game offends me that much, I'll just simply play another game that doesn't have it just as I have the choice of listening to the type of music I like and avoiding the ones I don't like. There's hundreds of fully-covered T and E and half-baked M-rated games out there, choose what is liked.

I'm not playing SB but it's sorry to see others that game-players don't really have the same choice to them available in the content of what mature games they want to play or not because in the end children are used as an exclusive external excuse to censor almost everything on the planet be it boobs to mesh-made cat-girls with pixel belly buttons in 3D game worlds. Just as they are now in attempts to ban and censor violent video-games that weren't made for them through the violent videogame fiasco.

Protecting children in the real-world from the real harms and dangers present in ever-changing society is good and very reasonable of course. But when censorship comes in as an excuse to remove content from voluntary and purchasable M+17 and up games is when it's pointless and just there to satisfy those who dislike these type of games, just as the issue of boobs being censored in the past and blood. These games aren't made for young kids or easily offended, they were 18+ adult games from Korea made for an older audience but lack the adult content that would actually make them 18+ in North America.

I'm probably thick-skinned or have relaxed views on the concept of sexyness in games but it takes a lot more than just cat-girls or geneticaly enhanced cyborg females in bathing-suit armors running around blowing kisses and hornd elves in doing dances in videogames to be offensive to me. And the content in videogames shows and books aren't one of them.