Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Beta Weekends and Founders' Packs Detailed

Comments

• ZebularZebular Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by Badgered86
    still haven't received my key from pre-ordering Torchlight II (from PWE directly, not from Steam) and their customer service hasn't gotten back to me.  This company really seems to suck.

Please continue to update your Support Ticket every day or every other day with your civil request for assistance.

Just to be sure though, you did get your Torchligt II key in your email, yes?  That very same email should have contained two codes, the first one was for the NWO CBT and the 2nd for T2.

[ PWE Community Moderator (Official Forums) | Foundry: The Dweomerkeepers | My Twitter | @zebular ]
  • rommellorommello Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 185

lets hope its doesnt turn into an age of wushu cash scam

o wait i never pay a dime!

ahahahaha stupid cashers

hallo ~_~

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

I feel like I'm watching TV...Just 3 easy payments...People really eat this stuff up. I want to know who figured out the value of what $549? In a game that will be F2P. I guess their saying..if the game was not free to play you'd be paying $549 BUT just 30 seconds left for the AWESOME deal of 2013 ..not..500..not 450 not even 400. Just wait call in the next 15 seconds and I will drop $200 off that! YES today only you get this great made up, cartoonish digital toys for $200

People to the same thing in wow. Some  mount on ebay hundreds to thousands. For NOTHING.

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

I should think you guys have not learn from the STO Beta.

Its the same old shit but with different skin.

How many players regret paying STO to access its Beta?

Remember this is cash grab Cryptic / PWE lol.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by barezz

My advice.  Wait.  Just for heavens sake wait.  Roll a human, or whatever free character there is.  Play a week and see if the game is even worth it.  FFS stop the endless circle of CO's, STO's, TOR's and everything inbetween, say "No" to these hype driven loads of crap and empty promises.  How may people are thrilled with their collector's edition of TOR?  How is that "CE Store ingame that is going to be upgraded regularily" working out?

We have seen nothing about this game beyond some prelaunch interviews and videos.  Hey the ones for AoC were freaking sweet too, that game sure turned out to be the PvP leetness everyone was looking for, didn't it?

Anyone who pays to get into a beta has, in my opinion, lost their freaking minds.  And yes, I have been there folks.  Beta gets you nothing that you can keep when the game goes Live.  Save your money.  the game will be F2P.

Plus this is Cryptic.  Having learned from their previous mistakes, they are going to do "beta event weekends" again I see.  Trust me the first 6 months after launch will be beta enough.  Just wait and hop in on launch day.

That would be a common sense thing to do, yes.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

A FREE2PLAY game is asking me to pay to beta test their game.

Lemme think about this...image

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133

Wow another P2β game

I'll pass thanks.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

All those people that argued with me about TL2 preorders getting into the closed from the start, guaranteed, can now kiss my a**. You should have read the fine print, I told you this was coming.

I hate this sneaky tactic being used by every gaming company to try and convince people to BUY a ftp game. Disgusting and makes all the other beta entry offers misleading and deceptive. Far too many people who bought other games to get into the beta will now buy these founder packs as well to get in earlier.. you think they are throwing you a bone and then they make you take two steps back unless you come up with more cash. Cryptic and PW should be ashamed of themselves.

If this is the way this game is heading in terms of greed and consumer relations then I don't wish them luck. They should be removed from the gaming scene altogether. It annoys me that I'll still be playing it, I just can't help it, but I'll promise right now, I am not spending a penny on this game.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • Uzur9Uzur9 Member UncommonPosts: 35

Why would I pay to beta this game, very stupid.  Even after Ive seen one vid (not sure if they have others out) it was of the Greatsword Fighter or whatever hes called... IDK what seen it the game (least right now) is meh...   Would I go out and buy the boxed version for some ingame perks, possibly after I had downloaded and tried the game out.    But im sure itll be like EVERY other F2P MMO Ive checked out/played .... Only play for afew months or so and just move onto something else.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I have a feeling this game will jsut be bad.. so i dont think ill be throwing them any of my spare cash..

Ill give it a go when its released.

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182

PCGamer digital version still giving beta keys?

• ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Originally posted by bigcheeseuk

Wow another P2β game

I'll pass thanks.

It is still free to play, you still get a chance to beta for free.

you going with the flow of stupid comments, or did you put in some thought?

I think you just followed the other Lemmings.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

In this thread: People bitching about completley optional preorder package purchases that are basis of many games including POE, not to mention everything on kickstarter and are just a way to support the developers/publishers for those who are willing.

I think I lost a few brain-cells reading some of the posts here. People are just LOOKING for a reason to hate this. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

FFS Cryptic where the hell did you come up with those ridiculous price points?  $200 for a reskinned elf and a spider mount?  You better send me a damned life size stuffed Panther for that amount.

• NewfrNewfr Member UncommonPosts: 133
    After reading all this i think that Cryptic trying to pull exactly the same trick they did a few times before (Cryptic = one trick pony?). Namely sell (preferably for unreasonable price) their game before showing it. And i really hope no one will take the bait. Simply on Cryptic poor reputation with "life time sub" and etc.
  • Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

really disappointed in this news. I can understand $5, 20, $50...but $200 is a shameless grab, and verifies what folks warned of Perfect World long ago.

Well, it's a shame, but at least they showed their hand early and not late, this is not a game I'll be looking at, even though I'm a die hard DM of D+D lore from the 70s-80s. No, I won't support money grabs like this.

• gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by redcap036

A few questions; 

Q) what is the, " Moonstone Mask Tavern" about and why do I need VIP acess to it?

Q) Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta, why would I need this?

it's only open beta, surly I would want Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Opening day, maybe it's a typo?

thanks for any answers.

- Moonstone mask is the red light district of Neverwinter - as it always was. Now it is just on a earthmote flying in the air.

I do not think they saif you need Founder's pack to get access to it. It should be accessible to all. Maybe they have special "instanced" event for founder's only but I doubt it. It was probably just a metaphor as an entry to exclusive club (of founder's pack) thats all - the video was a bit too cheesy though - even the announcer was laughing when he said "So....."

- When open beta is released, they will allow you to play for five days before it is released. You don't really need that anyways, unless you want to quickly level your character to go to areas only higher level can access and thus have access to areas with lesser rush (hence safer from queues etc). The name is specific to @handle so it is not like you can book your character's name.

However, guild's name is something you can consider - it might get taken by others - if you care about it.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I don't see why anyone is so mad about a completely OPTIONAL pre purchase choice. You don't have to spend a dime to play the game at launch. So why should you give a crap?

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by gillrmn
    Originally posted by redcap036

A few questions; 

Q) what is the, " Moonstone Mask Tavern" about and why do I need VIP acess to it?

Q) Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta, why would I need this?

it's only open beta, surly I would want Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Opening day, maybe it's a typo?

thanks for any answers.

- Moonstone mask is the red light district of Neverwinter - as it always was. Now it is just on a earthmote flying in the air.

I do not think they saif you need Founder's pack to get access to it. It should be accessible to all. Maybe they have special "instanced" event for founder's only but I doubt it. It was probably just a metaphor as an entry to exclusive club (of founder's pack) thats all - the video was a bit too cheesy though - even the announcer was laughing when he said "So....."

- When open beta is released, they will allow you to play for five days before it is released. You don't really need that anyways, unless you want to quickly level your character to go to areas only higher level can access and thus have access to areas with lesser rush (hence safer from queues etc). The name is specific to @handle so it is not like you can book your character's name.

However, guild's name is something you can consider - it might get taken by others - if you care about it.

I wonder if the Moonstone Mask will be what the VIP lounge in SWTOR is which you will need to buy the founders pack to access it.  Buit they could also allow access if you buy an item w/ game currency like SWTOR or possibly sell access in the cash shop.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I don't see why anyone is so mad about a completely OPTIONAL pre purchase choice. You don't have to spend a dime to play the game at launch. So why should you give a crap?

Well people bout TL2 and PG gamer and possibly RaiderZ elite packs for beta access then thye come round and say.... "Yeah.... your gonna wait a bit for it."  Shady buisness plain and simple as they are feeding off they fan's desire for the game.  They still have yet to reward any of their more dedicated followers who have been following the game when Atari was still in the picture.  It's another big green weenie from Cryptic.  Sure we can buy for some items and access but it's a principle thing.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

Not going to give them a dime before I've played the game.

The "value" in these packs give a warning sign on the cash shop prices.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Zebular
    still haven't received my key from pre-ordering Torchlight II (from PWE directly, not from Steam) and their customer service hasn't gotten back to me.  This company really seems to suck.

Please continue to update your Support Ticket every day or every other day with your civil request for assistance.

Just to be sure though, you did get your Torchligt II key in your email, yes?  That very same email should have contained two codes, the first one was for the NWO CBT and the 2nd for T2.

They said the keys for the TL2 pre-order are coming before the betas so dont worry and chill.  Those keys only allow you into Beta weekend 3 so expect it the week prior to that.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Yay! More "come help us test our game and while you're at it, give us your money too" betas.

Why the fuck people put up with this crap I honestly don't know.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145
    Originally posted by azzamasin

They said the keys for the TL2 pre-order are coming before the betas so dont worry and chill.  Those keys only allow you into Beta weekend 3 so expect it the week prior to that.

Wrong, if he pre-ordered TorchLight II  then he should have had a mail whit a torchlight 2 key (obvious) but in that same mail is also the NWN-O  beta key, it gives access to all beta weekends AND the still to be anounced "normal" closed beta.

He should look in the General discussion / beta info thread sticky , theres info there what to do  incase he never got the mail but i find that very odd since torchlight 2 has be offical released for months now, would mean he missed that and /or never played the actual game he brought.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Eladi
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Wrong, if he pre-ordered TorchLight II  then he should have had a mail whit a torchlight 2 key (obvious) but in that same mail is also the NWN-O  beta key, it gives access to all beta weekends AND the still to be anounced "normal" closed beta.

He should look in the General discussion / beta info thread sticky , theres info there what to do  incase he never got the mail but i find that very odd since torchlight 2 has be offical released for months now, would mean he missed that and /or never played the actual game he brought.

Nope I jsut read from the CM himself on the official forums, the TL2 beta keys are only good for BW3 and not everyone has gotten their keys yet.

Okay folks! I have a bit of clarification for you straight from the busy CM PinPointError himself!

• PAX and GenCon Beta Keys are on a Phased Access level.
      • This means that they will slowly roll in these Beta Keys as they ramp up the need for Beta Testers. You might get into the First Weekend or you might not get in until the Third Weekend or beyond. Watch your Emails once we get closer to the Weekends!
    • The Hero of the North Founder's Pack grants you Beta Access starting with the First Beta Weekend!
    • The PC Gamer Magazine Mount/Beta Key grants you Beta Access starting with the Second Beta Weekend!
    • All other Beta Keys through Partners grant Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend.
      • This includes but is not limited to Torchlight 2 Pre-Order Promotion Beta Keys.
    • Any keys that CM PinPointError or former CM Stormshade has given away will grant you Beta Access starting with the Third Beta Weekend!

This information is subject to change. CM PinPointError will be making an Official Statement tomorrow once the Founder's Promotion has gone live.

Once again, we apologize for any confusion this has caused. Please feel free to "Release the Evil" (in a non-RoC violating way) in the Beta Anxiety Thread!

Thanks,
    Zebular, PWE Community Moderator

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!