Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody for an MMO Questionnaire?

13»

Comments

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by BitterClinger

Here's a few questions with the answers that I would give:

1. What are the top one or two MMO games you have spent the most hours playing in the last 3 months?

TOR,WoW

2. Which MMO got you hooked on MMO games?

SWG (surprise!)

3. If you could wave a magic wand and "fix" all the problems in any one MMO (past or present), which MMO game would you fix ("fix" includes upgrade graphics and animations)?

See Above

4. How much money have you spent on MMO games in the last 6 months, including game client, time cards/subscriptions, gem cards, real money auctions, third-party gold or leveling services, etc)?

About $100

5. If you could turn any setting from a book or movie into a modern MMO, designed to your specifications, which book or movie would you adapt (even if it has already been done)?

Discworld

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

1. What are the top one or two MMO games you have spent the most hours playing in the last 3 months?

GW2

Anarchy Online

3. If you could wave a magic wand and "fix" all the problems in any one MMO (past or present), which MMO game would you fix ("fix" includes upgrade graphics and animations)?

Anarchy Online

4. How much money have you spent on MMO games in the last 6 months, including game client, time cards/subscriptions, gem cards, real money auctions, third-party gold or leveling services, etc)?

~80€

5. If you could turn any setting from a book or movie into a modern MMO, designed to your specifications, which book or movie would you adapt (even if it has already been done)?

Dune

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Secret World, Age of Conan, EvE

Ultima Online

SWG

~$180

Star Wars (SWG 2.0)

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Here’s a few questions with the answers that I would give:

Ooh, bad choice of timescale. Haven’t really been playing much of any games the last 90 days.

GemstoneIV (not an MMO at all). Didn't really do more than nibble around at MMOs until ... DAoC? CoH? (was working on GS4 and then Hero's Journey until '05-'06 or so).

3. If you could wave a magic wand and “fix” all the problems in any one MMO (past or present), which MMO game would you fix (“fix” includes upgrade graphics and animations)?

Probably...hmm. I’d rescue CoH, I think. Can't really explain why I liked it so much. Customization still unmatched, too hard for anything else to touch, I guess.

$60. GW2 box just slips in (barely) under 6mos.

Ringworld+Protector (Known Space), Larry Niven. But like most good SF, probably too ambitious for an MMO project.They can't ever turn most of 'em into a decent movie :/

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

GW2 - but been in Skyrim far more (I know, I know - NOT an MMO... yet...)

Alas, to my eternal shame, it was vanilla WoW. Before then graphics had been too primitive to interest me (EQ etc.) which I had tried and not enjoyed.

Age of Conan - Funcom made a GREAT looking game with fantastic lore and combat and then did an endless hatchet job on it -utterly tragic...

~£90

Dune or Fading Suns for scifi and Chronicles of the Black Company  or Elric for fantasy.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Caliburn101
    or Elric for fantasy.

Tough to see any character except Elric being at all worthwhille to play. And Elric is playing a sword, rather than a character. Stormbringer's a game-breaking deus ex machina too.

I'd choose Fafhrd & the Mouser (Nehwon) first.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by Caliburn101
    or Elric for fantasy.

Tough to see any character except Elric being at all worthwhille to play. And Elric is playing a sword, rather than a character. Stormbringer's a game-breaking deus ex machina too.

I'd choose Fafhrd & the Mouser (Nehwon) first.

Most of what you read in the Elric sagas (and Hawkmoon, Corum, Erekose, etc.) all made it into the essense of the D&D game. Which then influenced all the early MMO's, which influenced...well you get the idea. So in a sense you already indirectly have your Elric MMO(s).

The Elric sagas were the first fantasy writtings I ever read and it holds a special place for me. My 1st and oldest AD&D (1st ed) character was a F/MU albino elf called, unsurprisingly enough, Elric.

As a matter of fact I think at the back of my 1st ed. DMG it lists Elric/ Michael Moorcock as recomended reading material.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

GW2, DDO

WoW (was my first MMO and got hooked)

DDO

~$130

Ohhh impossible to pick one... Dune or Dragonlance in the Chronicle series (first series with Tanis, Strum, ect ect and the Dragon Armies) setting

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

Tera, Aion

Lineage 2

Tera

$160ish

Micheal Moorcock's Elric of Melnibone series/world

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    Originally posted by BitterClinger

Here's a few questions with the answers that I would give:

SWTOR, TSO

Shadowbane

Shadowbane

$40-I like the free ones

The Impossible

• CactusJackCactusJack Member UncommonPosts: 393

none

EvE Online

Darkfall

zero

1. World of Darkness, far and away. Will bring me back to MMO's if it ever comes out. I would also take a chance on a western themed i.e, Red Dead Redemption styled MMO.

Playing: BF4/BF:Hardline, Subnautica 7 days to die
    Hiatus: EvE
    Waiting on: World of Darkness(sigh)
    Interested in: better games in general

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

Salem, Stronghold Kingdoms

RO 1

Risk Your Life/POTE

none.

Mad Max or Dune without modifying it or straying from the actual storyline they created.. too much.