Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody for an MMO Questionnaire?

BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439

Here's a few questions with the answers that I would give:

1. What are the top one or two MMO games you have spent the most hours playing in the last 3 months?

GW2, AOEO

2. Which MMO got you hooked on MMO games?

Ultima Online

3. If you could wave a magic wand and "fix" all the problems in any one MMO (past or present), which MMO game would you fix ("fix" includes upgrade graphics and animations)?

Pirates of the Burning Sea

4. How much money have you spent on MMO games in the last 6 months, including game client, time cards/subscriptions, gem cards, real money auctions, third-party gold or leveling services, etc)?

~$300

5. If you could turn any setting from a book or movie into a modern MMO, designed to your specifications, which book or movie would you adapt (even if it has already been done)?

Wheel of Time (Robert Jordan)

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

1. What are the top one or two MMO games you have spent the most hours playing in the last 3 months?

Path of Exile

Star Wars Galaxies

3. If you could wave a magic wand and "fix" all the problems in any one MMO (past or present), which MMO game would you fix ("fix" includes upgrade graphics and animations)?

Star Wars Galaxies

4. How much money have you spent on MMO games in the last 6 months, including game client, time cards/subscriptions, gem cards, real money auctions, third-party gold or leveling services, etc)?

$50

5. If you could turn any setting from a book or movie into a modern MMO, designed to your specifications, which book or movie would you adapt (even if it has already been done)?

Masters of the Universe

• RaZKaLzRaZKaLz Member UncommonPosts: 70

WoW, Arctic Combat

Lineage 2

Lineage 2

150$ or less

Sword of Truth(Terry Goodkind) That world looks sooo big :)

• ExilorExilor Member Posts: 391

GW2, EVE Online

Lineage II

Lineage II

90€

Pokemon (hey! it as movies too)

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

EQ2

Everquest

Star Wars Galaxies

~$500

Any of the foundation books by Isaac Asimov

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Vanguard, WoW
    Everquest
    Vanguard
    $45.00
    Forgotten Realms
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by BitterClinger

SWTOR, TSW

Everquest 2 - my first

SWTOR - to make it PERFECT

~ $800

Dune (Frank Herbert)

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes. There is no second one for past 3 months.

Everquest

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes (Bugs, lag)

$75

Underworld or The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Look at the amounts spent by people in this thread and that pretty much sums up why most companies rather go the F2P/Cash Shop routes. Sickening.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Tera, Diablo 3

Earth & Beyond

I can't pick just one. It's a toss-up between Auto Assault, Earth & Beyond, or City of Heroes. Give me the ability to actually do so and I'll figure out how to break the tie.

I don't know. Couple hundred $, maybe?

Warhammer 40,000.

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Guild Wars 2 and Eve Online

Not really hooked, no.

What to fix in what games? -That would be a long list, but those that had major problems I don't care about enough to have them "fixed".

~90€

Warhammer 40k

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

GW2, TSW and PS2. non-MMO = TL2, PoE, BL2.

Asheron's Call

Dark and Light.

$212

Ghost in the Shell.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

TSW, GW2, LOTRO

WoW

Ultima Online

$340

Elric of Melnibone

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

Lotro & AoC

Star Wars Galaxies

SWTOR...it could have been so good

$59.99 for GW2

Underworld or Blade

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595

1. What are the top one or two - three - MMO games you have spent the most hours playing in the last 3 months?

Aion, Wizardry, GW2

Guild Wars 1

I'd like to try an updated Ultima Online.

~$70

Black Company - edit:  there are actually so many and i like alot of what people have said for this question.  looking at my bookshelf i could see many - Shannara, Thieves World, Magician (feist), Dune, The Kencyrath, WoT, Fionavar Tapestry, Elric or Hawkmoon, Recluce, Janny Wurts, Amber....on and on and on. 

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Have not played an MMO since middle of October (GW2).

EverQuest

EQ graphics and forced grouping to advance aspects.

$59.99 - GW2.

Dragonriders of Pern by the late Anne McCaffrey. (No magic in the books though...)
    or
    The World of Midkemia by Raymond Feist.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ReskaillevReskaillev Member CommonPosts: 157

Ok then.... :3

GW2

Runescape

9Dragons and Dekaron

~100 euros

Discworld (Series by Terry Prachett) or maybe a serious One Piece mmo has potential? 

"Isn't a raid plundering villages in WoW or something like that?" - Robert Desable

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

GW2

Ultima Online

3. If you could wave a magic wand and "fix" all the problems in any one MMO (past or present), which MMO game would you fix?

Pirates of the Burning Sea

Nooo... don't ask me this while Christmas is in that window of time! :)  Probably about 300 in the past 6 months.

Underworld

That wasn't an accidental paste of answers. Most of my answers mirrored the OP's.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Originally posted by Goatgod76

Look at the amounts spent by people in this thread and that pretty much sums up why most companies rather go the F2P/Cash Shop routes. Sickening.

Well, we can't be sure how much is cash shop. It seems the only money some of the people have spent was for the game client only. Of the $300 (est.) I've spent in the last six months, $100 was on monthly subscription fees. Another $90 was spent on game clients, and finally I spent over $100 on cash shop items.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Tera

Earth&beyond

Tera ( I don't really want to go back to old games ) or SWTOR but I think swtor would be more like a miracle wand

No idea but I'd guess about $100. I've been playing a lot of single player games till I started back in tera

Hyperion ( dan simons ) I'd like to say star wars but it really doesn't seem to lend itself well to an mmo world.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Well, we can't be sure how much is cash shop. It seems the only money some of the people have spent was for the game client only. Of the $300 (est.) I've spent in the last six months, $100 was on monthly subscription fees. Another $90 was spent on game clients, and finally I spent over $100 on cash shop items.

If $300 in 6 months is a sickening amount to spend on a hobby.....he needs to get a better job. Considering the number of hours even casuals play in that time. $50 a month is still nothing.

Movies always put this into perspective. $13 for 2 hrs vrs how much for a whole month ? The cost of a movie is sickening :P yet I go to them all the time.

• BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97

Rift: SL

Ultima Online

Secret World

£60-£100 aprox on game client + subs

Mistborn (Brandon Sanderson) or Dragonlance (set just prior to the reunion - so no cleric class - with the 1st expansion bringing this in. Huge open and persistant world.)

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

I actually changed mine because I missed 6 months (thought it was one) -- much more in that time...

• RaZKaLzRaZKaLz Member UncommonPosts: 70

I saw some answer and when i read them I was like "HOLY SHIT YES THAT WOULD BE AWESOMELYEPIC!"

Dune and Midkemia's world would be epic to play in man xD 

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Edit: just saw "the last 3 months."  GW2 is the only MMO I've played in the last 2-3 years.  FFXI and WoW are the top 2 MMOs I've spent time playing lifetime.  

I guess FFXI, since it was my first.  But then I played WoW and was really blown away.  Immersed and drawn into the world in ways FFXI could never possibly accomplish.  

Either GW2 or FFXIV.  GW2 because it's currently my favorite MMO.  No MMO is perfect; they all have flaws; why wouldn't I want to make my favorite MMO even better?  FFXIV because I REALLY want to like a Final Fantasy MMO.  They're just making it so hard for me. 

$60, box price of GW2.  

Wheel of Time.  There's no fantasy world I'm more in love with than Robert Jordan's creation.  

• BitterClingerBitterClinger Member UncommonPosts: 439
    Originally posted by RaZKaLz

I saw some answer and when i read them I was like "HOLY SHIT YES THAT WOULD BE AWESOMELYEPIC!"

Dune and Midkemia's world would be epic to play in man xD 

Exactly!  I started looking at some of the answers and immediately thought, "OH! I want to change my answer!"

I would love to see Dune. I also saw someone mention Forgotten Realms, and I immediately thought Planescape! Man, there's a lot of great suggestions here.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

You know that's about the price of 3 subscription games for 6 months, right?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre