Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The ONLY bad thing about this game...it's really bad though.

2»

Comments

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    Originally posted by jacklo
    Originally posted by itgrowls
    Originally posted by ikarrian
    its a F2P. i cant remember a single F2P game with a decent community. Ppl tend to stop behave well once they dont have to fear over getting banned, its Very simple.

oh let's see....

LOTRO, STO, GW2 all come to mind. Next statement....

I can't speak for LOTRO or STO but you can't put GW2 under the same umbrella since it's B2P.

I've noticed the same trend when a game goes F2P, most recently with TERA. The chat in TERA, at least on the PvP server I tried the other day, was rude, sexual, racist and beyond childish!

It put me off within 30 minutes of creating a character. It's been the same experience with many others that I've tried in the last couple of years.

When you can play a game with impunity because you have nothing to lose and are anonymous to the extent that you didn't even have to provide credit card details or a real name/address, it attracts the most vile sections of the gaming community.

These games more than anything, need real GM's policing the game and chat channels.

It has more to do with the game itself than its pricing model. TERA and many of its Korean peers are marketed by shoving boobs in your face, so they attract the sort of people who like crude sexual stuff. TERA was 4chan: The Game even with a sub, because of the aforementioned boobs and combat being action-focused instead of slow-paced or tactical.

On the other hand, LotRO, STO, DCUO, Anarchy Online and Firefall have more mature content and tend to attract more mature players because of that. You know, people who are really mature instead of liking M-rated things.

Competitiveness is what makes people act like jerks. Even if it's inter-party like FFA loot. It's the reason why low-level PvP communities tend to act worse than PvE communities and why PoE groups may be less friendly than those of other games.

I agree to a certain extent that the type of game has some impact, but not when that same game had a totally different community before going F2P.

• VarossVaross Moderator UncommonPosts: 11,414

There was already a thread discussing the community of this game.

Please keep the discussion consolidated to the following thread:  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/375515/I-am-extremely-upset-with-how-terrible-the-gaming-community-is.html

To give feedback on moderation, please contact [email protected]
This discussion has been closed.