Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cartel Shop Question

I'm considering a return to TOR, but I'm curious about the Cartel Shop.  First and foremost, have they added the ability to rename your toon or your legacy?  In retrospect, I'm not fond of either of mine, but I wouldn't like to start over from scratch unless I have to.

Secondly, how useful/necessary is the stuff in the cash shop?

Comments

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by GrinchSRD

I'm considering a return to TOR, but I'm curious about the Cartel Shop.  First and foremost, have they added the ability to rename your toon or your legacy?  In retrospect, I'm not fond of either of mine, but I wouldn't like to start over from scratch unless I have to.

If your a subscriber you don't need the Cartel Shop at all unless you want the cosmetic pets and mounts that come in the packs (like booster packs for TCG's).

Playing for free you'll depend on it if you stick around for awhile to unlock gear restrictions and to do endgame with weekly passes. If you just want to level a new character through the storyline you should be fine as a returning player without using it.

No rename for your character or legacy that I know of. Just returned a few days ago so may be wrong on that one.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    No rename is available at this time, except for duplicate names as a result of the server transfers.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by GrinchSRD

As far as I know you can't change your name unless you were moved to another server and your name was already being used. I had to do that for one of my characters after coming back from my hiatus. 

IMO none of that stuff is useful. It's all fluff items. The only thing I've used my cartel coins for is legacy stuff. If you're going back as a FTP player then you'll find the XP boosts to be useful. But as a subscriber, I just don't see what use it has unless you really like gambling for a Revan Mask. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

There was a free legacy name change not so long ago , so possibly depending on when you left and if it is still there you might   get 1 legacy name change for free , you would have to check.

Also note that you can buy most of the cartel market items off of the GTN.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]