Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am extremely upset with how terrible the gaming community is...

Comments

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Tsumoro
    Originally posted by Woopin
    Had the company stated it is being DDoSed? because it is an easy fix to solve the problem. It may just be going down all the time because of open beta and them having more traffic than anticipated. Most releases are this way and have been for some time. 

Yes, on their twitter feed. They were unsure to begin with but their hosts contacted with them saying it looked like an attack was going on. After a while they provided evidence through the data packets that person or persons were indeed hosting a DDOS attack.

"Path of Exile ‏@Sammosapian We were sent packet logs from our host - it's definitely a DDOS." - direct quote from their twitter. 

Because everyone always says prove it on here image

• AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256

Um, if you're getting DDOS'd then it's completely your fault. People need your external IP address to DDOS you. And people CANNOT get your IP address from the twitch.tv website or chat. You probably invited someone from your stream chat into Skype and they resolved your IP address from there... If you're going to stream you need to protect yourself. Don't use Skype, ever, and make sure you don't do anything else that could expose your IP address. Don't download anything posted in chat. Don't even go to all the websites that people post in chat because they can send you somewhere that logs your IP address. 

To fix your current situation you will need to call your ISP and tell them you need your IP address changed. Shouldn't be a problem.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Look's like all is well for now! Queue has been removed and had no problem logging in.Also no login warning messages :)

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by LadyEuphei

I don't write long winded posts so forgive me. I like PoE and wish it well, but it is getting to the point that I can not handle it right now. The DDOS attacks are becoming very frequent and it is becoming a pain to even try and play. Some child out there is wasting their time wrecking other peoples times. I am extremely frustrated and really holding back from going on a rant about everything! Stop being so negative people, stop being inhuman, STOP BEING MEAN! 

If you do not like something say your say and make your peace then leave. Why DDOS? I have been DDOS'd on my stream and now a game I am trying to play is being DDOS's as well as their website. Whoever is doing this is a terrible person. I am sorry your life is so pathetic that this is the only way to get kicks. Get a job, get a friend, and get a life!

Agh.....I am soooooo frustrated.........AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! image

Edit: DARN IT! I hate when titles have mis-spelling and now look! I AM SO FRUSTRATED I MISSPELT MY TITLE! 

Edit #2: I didnt spell check this so do not comment on spelling/grammar

I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time, personally for me, I logged in after they tweeted that the queues were gone and they had pre-warned me of some stablity issues that were remaining. In the 2 hours I played, enought to complete act 2 I got dc'ed three times. Once during the white beast and as sods law would have twice in the pyramid.

People are destructive, but I think this is a good thing to be honest for GGG because it helps gear them up against future issues such as this and I got to be honest, my hats off to them for they have been transparent about it from the get-go and because of their updates I have suffered very 'minor' issues.

But, I honestly don't know why these people like to DDOS things. I can kinda understand it when they are looking to put an ill-placed statement in play, such as when they attacked VISA which the whole wikileaks thing. I can understand their mentality, even though I don't agree with it.

But PoE is a game which is free to play with a passion for its game and community. So, I am trying to find out why they would do it against GGG. What do they have against the company and it's community. It HAS to be more than a D3 envy, because that is so stupid it would be inane to comprehend.

I play on the EU server, so I am not sure what its like on the US but things are steadily improving.

That is a very optimistic outlook you have their friend. I guess it is true this will help them be prepared for official launch. Atleast now they can brush it off as "oh it is open beta" even though we know behind their teeth they are saying "It is a bunch of a-hats fing everything up"

GGG to me, seem like a company that really care for their game and for the community it is serving. They have spent a long time shaping this game to be an enjoyable experience. Which is why I believe without a doubt that their interests is to set this matter down and get it sorted. So although its rather gash right now, the improvement to the service will be evident over time.

Myself personally, I never let the guise of oben beta fool me, nor should you let it fool you. This is a 'release' and is protected by the veil of open beta. Continued supported games never go into a 'full' release purely because they consider them 'never finished'. A nice, protective bubble where the bad can be blamed on 'its open beta' status.

However in defense to GGG I will say that their level of communication with it's community allowed me to be prepared for whats going on. They were quick to respond and up front honest and didnt jump to assumptions they waited until they heard from thier host before the verified it being a DDOS attack. Personally, I can't hold that against them if people want to be malicious, much like I can't hold a bank responsible for being robbed at gun point.

So as long as they resolve the issues, explain to the community and repair any issues people might have had to their accounts, be this roll-backs or whatever. They will sit pretty with me.

But I am with you, I am sure their public face is 'Stand back everyone, I've got this!' but behind closed doors their spitting teeth. After all, I would be annoyed too if the beach bully kept kicking down my sand castle everytime I built it up. :)

Originally posted by AvsRock21

Um, if you're getting DDOS'd then it's completely your fault. People need your external IP address to DDOS you. And people CANNOT get your IP address from the twitch.tv website or chat. You probably invited someone from your stream chat into Skype and they resolved your IP address from there... If you're going to stream you need to protect yourself. Don't use Skype, ever, and make sure you don't do anything else that could expose your IP address. Don't download anything posted in chat. Don't even go to all the websites that people post in chat because they can send you somewhere that logs your IP address. 

To fix your current situation you will need to call your ISP and tell them you need your IP address changed. Shouldn't be a problem.

I will try and explain this slowly for you. Please proceed to read every word with a 10 second pause between it to not over load. The game is getting DDOS'd not me. Please read and internalize before assuming to comment. I also mentioned they get it from skype. Obviously, I have already learned all the lesson you are trying to say. Thank you for your contribution I suggest you read next time before commenting image

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    Had the company stated it is being DDoSed? because it is an easy fix to solve the problem. It may just be going down all the time because of open beta and them having more traffic than anticipated. Most releases are this way and have been for some time. 

Yes, on their twitter feed. They were unsure to begin with but their hosts contacted with them saying it looked like an attack was going on. After a while they provided evidence through the data packets that person or persons were indeed hosting a DDOS attack.

"Path of Exile ‏@Sammosapian We were sent packet logs from our host - it's definitely a DDOS." - direct quote from their twitter. 

LadyEuphei I think we can all agree that we need more gamers like you around, not only that you sound like caring person at that. Something that i think is needed in the community. *huggys from Canada!

I don't write long winded posts so forgive me. I like PoE and wish it well, but it is getting to the point that I can not handle it right now. The DDOS attacks are becoming very frequent and it is becoming a pain to even try and play. Some child out there is wasting their time wrecking other peoples times. I am extremely frustrated and really holding back from going on a rant about everything! Stop being so negative people, stop being inhuman, STOP BEING MEAN! 

If you do not like something say your say and make your peace then leave. Why DDOS? I have been DDOS'd on my stream and now a game I am trying to play is being DDOS's as well as their website. Whoever is doing this is a terrible person. I am sorry your life is so pathetic that this is the only way to get kicks. Get a job, get a friend, and get a life!

Agh.....I am soooooo frustrated.........AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! image

Edit: DARN IT! I hate when titles have mis-spelling and now look! I AM SO FRUSTRATED I MISSPELT MY TITLE! 

Edit #2: I didnt spell check this so do not comment on spelling/grammar

I am sorry to hear that you are having a rough time, personally for me, I logged in after they tweeted that the queues were gone and they had pre-warned me of some stablity issues that were remaining. In the 2 hours I played, enought to complete act 2 I got dc'ed three times. Once during the white beast and as sods law would have twice in the pyramid.

People are destructive, but I think this is a good thing to be honest for GGG because it helps gear them up against future issues such as this and I got to be honest, my hats off to them for they have been transparent about it from the get-go and because of their updates I have suffered very 'minor' issues.

But, I honestly don't know why these people like to DDOS things. I can kinda understand it when they are looking to put an ill-placed statement in play, such as when they attacked VISA which the whole wikileaks thing. I can understand their mentality, even though I don't agree with it.

But PoE is a game which is free to play with a passion for its game and community. So, I am trying to find out why they would do it against GGG. What do they have against the company and it's community. It HAS to be more than a D3 envy, because that is so stupid it would be inane to comprehend.

I play on the EU server, so I am not sure what its like on the US but things are steadily improving.

That is a very optimistic outlook you have their friend. I guess it is true this will help them be prepared for official launch. Atleast now they can brush it off as "oh it is open beta" even though we know behind their teeth they are saying "It is a bunch of a-hats fing everything up"

GGG to me, seem like a company that really care for their game and for the community it is serving. They have spent a long time shaping this game to be an enjoyable experience. Which is why I believe without a doubt that their interests is to set this matter down and get it sorted. So although its rather gash right now, the improvement to the service will be evident over time.

Myself personally, I never let the guise of oben beta fool me, nor should you let it fool you. This is a 'release' and is protected by the veil of open beta. Continued supported games never go into a 'full' release purely because they consider them 'never finished'. A nice, protective bubble where the bad can be blamed on 'its open beta' status.

However in defense to GGG I will say that their level of communication with it's community allowed me to be prepared for whats going on. They were quick to respond and up front honest and didnt jump to assumptions they waited until they heard from thier host before the verified it being a DDOS attack. Personally, I can't hold that against them if people want to be malicious, much like I can't hold a bank responsible for being robbed at gun point.

So as long as they resolve the issues, explain to the community and repair any issues people might have had to their accounts, be this roll-backs or whatever. They will sit pretty with me.

But I am with you, I am sure their public face is 'Stand back everyone, I've got this!' but behind closed doors their spitting teeth. After all, I would be annoyed too if the beach bully kept kicking down my sand castle everytime I built it up. :)

I did actually get a chuckle out of them saying "our host says it is DDOS attacks, but we are not sure" Like to hear that they are independent and dont just blame it on what ever is easiest right away.

• DamonDamon Member UncommonPosts: 170
    This thread is so pink.  A friend of mine mentioned this game to me recently; something about a deep skill/talent tree, I believe.  I hope the DDoS issue is resolved and you can enjoy the game once more.  This is as good a time as any to read about the game.
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

I do not get why they are getting hit so bad then because most hosts can fix DDoS attacks within 2 to 24 hours depending on the hosts skill level. And I did not ask for proof just asked are you sure ;) because I have not noticed any downtime, but then again I have been busy this week.

• WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012

I did actually get a chuckle out of them saying "our host says it is DDOS attacks, but we are not sure" Like to hear that they are independent and dont just blame it on what ever is easiest right away.

Well that says it all right there they need a new host! DDoS attacks are easy to spot.

Originally posted by Damon
    This thread is so pink.  A friend of mine mentioned this game to me recently; something about a deep skill/talent tree, I believe.  I hope the DDoS issue is resolved and you can enjoy the game once more.  This is as good a time as any to read about the game.

Oh the customization is brilliant! If you liked D2 this is D2 on crack! If you liked D1 this is more of a sequel to it than even D2. Plus it is free. Give it a try, I would bet a banana with a mustache you will love it!

Well that says it all right there they need a new host! DDoS attacks are easy to spot.

I do agree I think they may want to seek a new host or negotiate their host to pay more attention. This is a big game release and the community will only grow, they need a reliable hosting service!

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

noob I guess, what the hell is DDOS?

Its one of various attack vectors.  It can be just script kiddies, or someone using a bot net (some of those can be a serious problem). 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."

I logged in 15 minute's ago and no queue and no warning message,all is well now.I logged out a little over 8 hrs ago.So it look's like they overcame the DDOS in less than 8 hrs,not to bad.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Best thing you can do is ignore it. Bad apple types feed on any attention they can get.
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Damon

Oh the customization is brilliant! If you liked D2 this is D2 on crack! If you liked D1 this is more of a sequel to it than even D2. Plus it is free. Give it a try, I would bet a banana with a mustache you will love it!

Ah nice to see your an orig Diablo player too! I had such high hopes for D3, I mean I am not one for graphics in honest, but the graphics in D3 just didn't fit the 'tone' of the series. PoE sold it to me the moment I went into a cave and had limited light as I evaded and fought my way through the Sirens minions.

I like to role play, and not just in the kinky sense, but I like to think of strange builds, a theme for example, so I would say to myself "Let's make a demon hunter, let's make a succubus or an Iron fortress" and then I have this massive passive skill-set to which I can plan a route to reach that goal, coupled with gear and skill gems allows me to make that journey.

I can only wish they add some new skins in the micro transaction store so I can make my builds fit the part in appearence.

Originally posted by Slappy1

I logged in 15 minute's ago and no queue and no warning message,all is well now.I logged out a little over 8 hrs ago.So it look's like they overcame the DDOS in less than 8 hrs,not to bad.

Yah, they are amazing for a small company. (*Magic words that blizzard fanbois can not read* it is also amazing that such a small underfunded company can release such a great, well fleshed out game WITH PvP *Magic words off, you can read again fanbois*)

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Theocritus
    I was disapointed in the PoE community as well in beta...I've played alot of f2p games and have seen some terrible communities but this one was really bad......I dont know if its just the Diablo type of gameplay that makes players feel like they can be jerks or some other factor but this game really lent itself to alot of idiots.

not to mention the most progressed player is named Jerk. lol.

Yah, they are amazing for a small company. (*Magic words that blizzard fanbois can not read* it is also amazing that such a small underfunded company can release such a great, well fleshed out game WITH PvP *Magic words off, you can read again fanbois*)

I agree,amazing!!!

Arya Stark

Originally posted by Rthuth434
    I was disapointed in the PoE community as well in beta...I've played alot of f2p games and have seen some terrible communities but this one was really bad......I dont know if its just the Diablo type of gameplay that makes players feel like they can be jerks or some other factor but this game really lent itself to alot of idiots.

Has Jerk takin over Mouze???When I was logged in earlier today Mouze was highest lvl.70 something.

Arya Stark

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Rthuth434

Has Jerk takin over Mouze???When I was logged in earlier today Mouze was highest lvl.70 something.

Mouze is still top level last I saw. Jerk seems to have taken a break the last couple days.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • FonclFoncl Member UncommonPosts: 347

The game has run very well for me in EU ever since two crashes shortly after launch, servers went up a couple minutes after the crash both times. I'm playing hardcore, people in global chat are actually helpful and friendly there so far. Maybe the worst trashtalkers don't make it far on hardcore so they get sent to the default league quickly, I don't know but so far there have been very few unmannered people from what I've seen.

Anyway I don't have time for this, need to get back and play some PoE :)

• Anoebis.beAnoebis.be Member Posts: 62

As a Path of Exile Diamond Supporter, I think it is safe to say that I REALLY love this game! image

In Closed Beta, the community (at least the EU one) was awesome but once the game entered Open Beta and the gates were opened for anyone who wanted to play, the community went from awesome to bad to worse. 

But I still believe that we can deal with all the fanboy`s from other games, trolls, rude and immature people that have flocked to Path of Exile to try/play the game. Here`s me hoping that once these people find out that the game they came from is better, they will return to their game and leave us alone.

I don´t know if it is the influx of Diablo 3/World of Warcraft kiddies or just a bunch of a-holes who decided to wreck the game by trolling, insulting and throwing other childish crap around. Who know, the DDOS might even come from a pissed off player whose Hardcore character died because he either did not know how to play or just sucked.

What ever caused those DDOS attacks, GGG came to the resque and they are working hard on making sure the effects if this should happen again (let`s hope not!) would be far less then they have been. Unfortunately, there is no imunity to a DDOS so there is no way to stop it, but you can bolster your system and be prepared.

As for the rotten apples in our community at the moment, I would say just ignore them. We are better than that and as a community we can rise up against them! Anyone giving you a hard time, report them with a ticked. Troll posts on the forum, PM the link to one of the mods and it shall be closed and removed.

Sometimes it takes the better half of the community to get rid of the rotten apples and clean up the mess after they are gone. Only when we rise and stand together can we, as a community, keep our game enjoyable!

Originally posted by Anoebis.be

As a Path of Exile Diamond Supporter, I think it is safe to say that I REALLY love this game! image

In Closed Beta, the community (at least the EU one) was awesome but once the game entered Open Beta and the gates were opened for anyone who wanted to play, the community went from awesome to bad to worse. 

But I still believe that we can deal with all the fanboy`s from other games, trolls, rude and immature people that have flocked to Path of Exile to try/play the game. Here`s me hoping that once these people find out that the game they came from is better, they will return to their game and leave us alone.

I don´t know if it is the influx of Diablo 3/World of Warcraft kiddies or just a bunch of a-holes who decided to wreck the game by trolling, insulting and throwing other childish crap around. Who know, the DDOS might even come from a pissed off player whose Hardcore character died because he either did not know how to play or just sucked.

What ever caused those DDOS attacks, GGG came to the resque and they are working hard on making sure the effects if this should happen again (let`s hope not!) would be far less then they have been. Unfortunately, there is no imunity to a DDOS so there is no way to stop it, but you can bolster your system and be prepared.

As for the rotten apples in our community at the moment, I would say just ignore them. We are better than that and as a community we can rise up against them! Anyone giving you a hard time, report them with a ticked. Troll posts on the forum, PM the link to one of the mods and it shall be closed and removed.

Sometimes it takes the better half of the community to get rid of the rotten apples and clean up the mess after they are gone. Only when we rise and stand together can we, as a community, keep our game enjoyable!

Agree with all of this. On the first few days I sat there and just reported all the spammers in chat. Now I just blocked it because there are to many and I want to enjoy the game.

• Anoebis.beAnoebis.be Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Anoebis.be

Agree with all of this. On the first few days I sat there and just reported all the spammers in chat. Now I just blocked it because there are to many and I want to enjoy the game.

I have to agree... and at the moment, the only way to enjoy the game is either solo, with a guild or a group of friends with the Global chat hidden. I feel bad about this, and I hope its only a temporary solution.  :(