Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO: Which would you prefer more?

2»

Comments

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    Originally posted by Xese

b) A true MMO style, where thousands of players may be on one server, hundreds of people may potentially take down a boss, raid, or PvP? Content may or may not scale to the number of participating squares. Such as in WoW, GW2.

I would go with B if you hadnt of limited it to WoW, GW2...why not SWG or Asherons Call?

TES is more sandbox than themepark...and yes, it is, it was made to allow easy modding which is 100% sandbox, then there is the scale factor that allows you to go anywhere in the world at any level which is...sandbox, non-rail gaming.

So, my choice is MMO, sandbox MMO so its actually TES, not just a TES skin.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    How about, you know, a mmo that even remotley resembles the other titles in the series? 
  • sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by deakon
    Originally posted by sapphen

Screw that, it's the developers who shouldn't make a game into something it's not.  I understand you guys are 'getting sick' of players whining and complaining but ESO is a poor representation of the Elder Scrolls series.   We have a right to voice our opinion and frustrations, just like you jolly souls get to run around praising it.

I'm a massive TES fan, have been for over a decade, my friends are all pretty much TES fans too, my sister is a TES fan, as are her friends, and we are ALL very much looking forward to this new TES game, what gives you a special right to call this a poor representation?

I know you dont like that your restricted by faction, get over it, it aint likely to change now and its not like they havent added restrictions to the IP before, if restricting where you can go makes it not elder scrolls then there hasnt been an elder scrolls game since arena

What gives you and your posse a special right to call yourselves TES fans? 

I don't have to get over restricted factions.  I can keep saying it as loud as I want; "ESO abandoned core aspects of the TES series in favor of commonly used MMO features".  They are only using this IP to rehash their vision of DAoC.

It is both our rights to voice our opinions on this game and I will continue to do so.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777

I'm a massive TES fan, have been for over a decade, my friends are all pretty much TES fans too, my sister is a TES fan, as are her friends, and we are ALL very much looking forward to this new TES game, what gives you a special right to call this a poor representation?

I know you dont like that your restricted by faction, get over it, it aint likely to change now and its not like they havent added restrictions to the IP before, if restricting where you can go makes it not elder scrolls then there hasnt been an elder scrolls game since arena

I don't have to get over restricted factions.  I can keep saying it as loud as I want; "ESO abandoned core aspects of the TES series in favor of commonly used MMO features".  They are only using this IP to rehash their vision of DAoC.

It is both our rights to voice our opinions on this game and I will continue to do so.

We all know why people feel the need to lend credit to their opinion.

Those of us, like you and me, voice our complaints...because we know the opinion is valid, its OURS. TESO isnt in beta yet, we still have time to wake the Devs up but it will only be done if the drones wake up and speak out. Then again, as long as there are just enough people out there willing to bend over and take one up the backside, buy the game no matter how much of it is a bastardization of the IP....companies will continue to do these things for a quick profit...SWTOR may have been a quick to F2P to save it, but companies will still go that route to sucker money out of as many as possible and then run as long as there are just enough consumers who will basically blindly buy anything and do a pawn sacrifice to defend it full hilt no matter what.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I could give a rat's ass about raiding, but I'll take a living, breathing, filled with tons of people virtual game world over lobby gaming any day.

• PairadoxPairadox Member Posts: 4

I too, concur. Neither.

Since we all get to voice an opinion on the matter, here is mine.

Step 1

Drop this whole MMO, and rpg nonsense. Let's make this baby a F2P first person shooter with Elder Scrolls lore. But instead of swords and magic, everybody gets a machine gun. If you're an orc, you start with a BFG.

Step 2

???????

Step 3

Profit

No but seriously, I wanted this game to be a full loot pvp based game ala Mortal Online, or perhaps Darfall. Put the elder scrolls lore in, let everyone pick a character, enter tamriel, and build, conquer, destroy, form alliances, etc.

Alas, this genre seems to put off the main stream gamer. Pity.

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583

Screw that, it's the developers who shouldn't make a game into something it's not.  I understand you guys are 'getting sick' of players whining and complaining but ESO is a poor representation of the Elder Scrolls series.   We have a right to voice our opinion and frustrations, just like you jolly souls get to run around praising it.

You keep saying that yet they are using the combat system from tes games, you can use any item like in tes games, theres skill based leveling like in tes games, and you are going to have access to more areas than you have in any tes game since arena

Theres plenty of tes in this game even without mentioning law so saying its just daoc2 with the tes ip is plainly not true

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Neither of those, prefer what they are actually doing compared to those 2 choices.

Same here.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

You keep saying that yet they are using the combat system from tes games, you can use any item like in tes games, theres skill based leveling like in tes games, and you are going to have access to more areas than you have in any tes game since arena

Theres plenty of tes in this game even without mentioning law so saying its just daoc2 with the tes ip is plainly not true

You do know that originally they had tab targeting and no first person view?  It was only after some people starting complaining that they added it in.  They did put a little effort to add some elements but it was more of an after thought.  I would've rather had an Elder Scrolls MMO than a MMO-ize version of Elder Scrolls.

Oh and I am not satisfied with being thrown a bone, there is a whole world there and we should be able to explore it - that is the Elder Scrolls way.  There was no need to limit players in this way.