Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Are Indie iOS games be concederied real MMO's

IsturiIsturi Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,509Member

This is the question of the week can Indie game companies like Tiny Speck be taken seriously as a game company that compete for the MMO pie? I think not. I dont see any type of iOS game or for that matter any smart phone game as a true MMO ya sure massive amount of players may play it at one time but it does not mean that this is MMO it lacks the very foundation of what MMO's are spose to be and that is massive open end worlds to quest in and explore while and not limited to pve and pvp.

So in anouther words by Tiny speck and other indie game companies who give us so called MMO's on not even on a devise that is ment to be used for gaming are true MMO''s MMO games need power behind them. They need to feel like you are in and living in anouther reality. Hell Nintendo should rerelease the whole marrio universe and call it a MMO why not?

So a simple pole:

Yes I know i just realized I misspelled Format in my pole lol ty

Comments

• jpnzjpnz SydneyPosts: 3,529Member

iOS / Android devices already have games with persistent worlds (like Turf Wars / Parallel Kingdom) and a proven user-base that embraces F2P with MicroTransactions.

Heck some games on iOS / Android uses Google Earth to present the world in more realistic terms.

No, Azeroth is not more real than Google Earth.

I'd be surprised if we don't get a game with many concepts of WoW ('WoW-Clone') within this year.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.