Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Besides Bugs,Balance, and Housing, how could GW2 be improved?

Comments

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

Personally I would increase or add the posibility of failure for some of the big events.

For example, Tequatl the Sunless... the general idea of the fight is good, you have the dragon, spawns adds, there's this superlaser that's going to attack it, asura that need to be protected for it to fire, bone walls that come out and need to be destroyed for it... and nobody does any of that, everyone just goes around the dragon and hits at it until it dies.

I'd make it so that the superlaser is actually the key to win that fight, maybe add a rage timer that if the dragon is not dead by then, it'll advance and take over the whole area and you have to fight him back, plus I'd make it so that no matter how many people there is, you can't kill him under that time without the superlaser, but you have to attack it to keep it distracted, otherwise it would attack and destroy the superlaser directly.

There the fight would be much more exciting, IMHO, a posibility of failure with consequences, and need to actually do other things than just wack the dragon (down the bone walls, defend the laser against the adds, revive asura techs and so on), add similar mechanics to other open world fights.

Also, add some multi zone events. For example, in the novel Edge of Destiny when someone tried to attack the Dragonspawn (one of Jormag's champions) and failed, Hoelbrak would be attacked by hordes of undead.. do something like that, if you fail to kill the Claw you not only lose the loot but Hoelbrak would be attacked by lots of dragonspawn and you wouldn't get to fight the claw again until they're driven away.

Third, one thing I'd bring from GW1 would be the signets of capture. For those that don't know, the way to get elite skills in GW1 was that you first bought a skill called "signet of capture" and equiped in one of your slots, then you had to hunt for a mini boss mob in one of the adventure areas that used the elite skill you wanted and kill it (usually each elite skill could be found on a specific mob), and then use the signet of capture in the corpse and it was replaced with the elite, that you could now equip or unequip at will. I'd add that in GW2, add a third tier of elites, not necesarely more powerful but maybe more useful or with specific synergies with some builds, weapons or skills, and make you have to buy a signet of capture with skill points and go hunt for a champion mob (that may spawn after completing some events) that has the elites you want.

Just some ideas.

Originally posted by Pocahinha

-Remove all the millions of  travel portals in every zone and implement few Flight paths and mounts.

-Implement world pvp servers

-Implement at least 2 factions to fight agains eachother

-Implement more bars with more skills and spells to use not just 5 and another 5 

-Implement specialization in classes, dont allow every class to do dps, heal and tank at the same time( holy trinity is the way to do a proper mmorpg)

-Make gear have stats that people wanna have to improve and become stronger just like any real mmorpg and just like irl, the one with better gear normally wins, its just the way it is in life.

-Remove active dodge, i want to have passive defence stats, i wanna have fun playing a game relaxed...its an mmorpg afterall.

-remove all the portals everywere

-Make the game hard enough so people can die sometimes when they are leveling and have more then 2 mobs hitting them.

So, basically vanilla WoW.. :) (sorry, couldn't resist)

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Make it more like GW1
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Leucent
    Make it more like GW1

only thing i really would really like from GW1 was the huge selection of skills..oh and some more PVP options... i don't care for pure lobby games myself though so GW1 wasn't really my thing...

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ownprocessownprocess Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Definitely agree with introducing more skills &?adding more variety in builds a la GW1.  A new continent would be nice, Cantha for example. Unique weapon drops, perhaps even hard mode conquesting for maps.
  • amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73

-Remove all the millions of  travel portals in every zone and implement few Flight paths and mounts.

-Implement more bars with more skills and spells to use not just 5 and another 5 

-Implement specialization in classes, dont allow every class to do dps, heal and tank at the same time( holy trinity is the way to do a proper mmorpg)

-Make gear have stats that people wanna have to improve and become stronger just like any real mmorpg and just like irl, the one with better gear normally wins, its just the way it is in life.

-Remove active dodge, i want to have passive defence stats, i wanna have fun playing a game relaxed...its an mmorpg afterall.

-Make the game hard enough so people can die sometimes when they are leveling and have more then 2 mobs hitting them.

You should say in simply short, "Just make another WoW clone"

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Vunak23
    Actually having GvG?

they showed the data on GW1 GvG it was a TINY % that actually played it so they decided not to work on it for GW2 release... may be in some day who knows

I'm surprised.  Would that imply the majority of GW1 players are PVEers?

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

PvE:

- add more skins
    - reduce cost of travels
    - add more portals
    - remove WvW from PvE exploration, it can be area/mini game apart
    - add dungeon group finder / auto tele there
    - add more resurrection points inside dungeons (run is fun but not that much)
    - make dungeons less challenging or use NM / HM as it was at GW1
    - make some HM challenges
    - if possible add cinematic (not that important, just was cool to look at GW1)
    - add trade or "mail with pay" option
    - stop charge coins twice for TP (they charge you first when you put item and second when it sold so far)
    - make magic find extra stat, not primary as now or remove it from game
    - make bank tab larger from the start, add more space to buy too
    - add new bags and revamp 18 and 20 slot bags (it ridiculous difference for 2 slots now, make it 20 and 25 instate, will be more understandable, add 30 slot too)
    - I don't find bank share nice: in any other game I have bank space per alt and can mail between them
    - make auto-join for DE (not if you pass by but when you start to participate, or, at least, ask to join tool)
    - I would love to have more healing at least for dungeons, why not put healer NPC there

PvP:

- make factions
    - make guild wars (lol any idea hwy this game actually calls GW2?=P)
    - add something fun may be random arenas again

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

-Take out magic find all together It has no use besides annoyance.

-More armour and weapon skins

-Housing

-More uniqe DE that spawns random with good rewards

-More mini games that were promised

-Two handed axe :)

-Rewamp Orr (this is getting some atention in future content updates) Not sure how much Anet gonna to do Orr zone though.

-Better loot drops from Champions (they tend to drop mostly trash or nothing at all)

-Wardrobe, I want to be able to have different set of outfits for cosmetic use.

-More titles very much like LOTRO has.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Torgrim

-Take out magic find all together It has no use besides annoyance.

-More armour and weapon skins

-Housing

-More uniqe DE that spawns random with good rewards

-More mini games that were promised

-Two handed axe :)

-Rewamp Orr (this is getting some atention in future content updates) Not sure how much Anet gonna to do Orr zone though.

-Better loot drops from Champions (they tend to drop mostly trash or nothing at all)

-Wardrobe, I want to be able to have different set of outfits for cosmetic use.

-More titles very much like LOTRO has.

Pretty much this. I don't understand y me no can has two handed axes??

In addition to the above I would like to see:

-Guild vs Guild battles and Heroes Ascent and other new structured PVP modes, e.g. capture the flag.

-Guild Halls but I guess this might fall under housing

-Collections similar to what they have in EQ2 :)

-More classes - I would like to see the return of some of the old classes, e.g. paragon/dervish/ritualist

-Cantha, Elona and more landmass in the "uncharted" areas of the map

Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

PvP:

- make factions
    - make guild wars (lol any idea hwy this game actually calls GW2?=P)

Because it is the sequel to Guild Wars 1 which had Guild vs Guild battles :P GvG will be added in the future as this was the main PvP highlight of this game series. They said that they will other further things for guilds to do. I am guessing we will see GvG battles when they introduce Guild Halls.

Also the name Guild Wars refers to several very significant events in the game's lore.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by XAPGames
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Vunak23
    Actually having GvG?

they showed the data on GW1 GvG it was a TINY % that actually played it so they decided not to work on it for GW2 release... may be in some day who knows

I'm surprised.  Would that imply the majority of GW1 players are PVEers?

Overwhelmingly.

There is a reason Nightfall and Eye of the North plus GW2 are heavy PvE.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

I would like a wardrobe a bit like GW2 NPC that created the skins we bought. I would have much more interest if they worked like GW1 costumes.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

- let us set hot swappable collections of utility skills

- add one more utility skill slot

- revamp all utility and elite skills to make them more effective and desirable

- instead of a weapon set having the same 5 skills from level 1 to 80, add additional skills that are gained while leveling and let us pick which 5 we want to have active

- increase gold drops so farming isn't so necessary at level 80

- increase xp and gold from personal story quests and make the final quest reward either a full set of exotic gear or a big chest of gold that is enough or almost enough to buy a full set of exotic gear

- add the sPvP gear system to WvW so no matter how many new gear grind tiers they add in the future, it won't affect WvW balance

- add speed NPCs to the base camps in WvW zones

- tone down regular NPCs so soloing (which is required on many servers at many times of day) is more efficient

- add one click button to sell all collectibles on the trading post to the highest bidder

- allow pick up of trading post items and gold anywhere. remove the fee if you use an actual trading post NPC so those still have a purpose

- add WvW points, titles, and abilities a la the realm point and realm ability system in DAOC. points should only be earned from player kills

- sPvP matches should give xp

- kodan as a playable race

- add tons more "dyanmic" events so you don't end up grinding the same few ones over and over while you are in a zone

- add mounts

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

* Drop the RNG-based combat: Make combat truly action-oriented, so that gear numbers have far, far, far less of an impact. Essentially so that it would be more like TERA, because I feel that TERA is one of the few, good action MMOs we've had so far.

* Leave the vague theorycrafting behind, bring back true diversity. In GW1 you already had real diversity without much vagueness, but thanks to the trait trees of GW2 and the lack of skills, you have a lot of vagueness but not much diversity. What do half of the numbers in GW2 even do, anyway? Most casual players won't care. GW1 handled this much better.

* Drop taxes on waypoints and increase movement speed.

* Lower the taxes on crafting.

* Fix all the damn clipping issues with various sets of armour for sylvari, charr, and asura.

* Fix dynamic event scaling so that it can be done by a small number of players instead of completely breaking just because there aren't enough players around.

* Fire Jeff Grubb. Really, fire him. He's sabotaging the game. And fire whomever wrote Treyhearne. With writers like them, you get 'yo mama' jokes in your game. Seriously, never hire them. Writers like that are a cancer to fantasy games.

* Concentrate on providing a greater variety of content. Right now, th e game is all about either kill things or fetch things, like even the most basic MMOs, and it gets repetitious quickly. The lack of content variety in GW2 is a real problem.

* Provide promised features to housing, such as having it change visually, having vendors move in, and so on.

* Provide promised in-city activities for all cities. Things like bar brawls and all, all that made it in was that bloody basketkeg game.

* Remove Ascended and don't add any further armour tiers, leave the power plateau alone.

* Make dodge-rolling useful. See: TERA.

* Improve the AI, so that it isn't just this dumb thing that makes a bee-line for the nearest player. Make it so that the AI can at least try to react smartly, and tactically, and make it so that mobs can be sniped (yes, sniping doesn't work in GW2, it makes mobs invincible if you try). See: Guild Wars 1.

* Reverse the skill pool change so that it's just a giant pool of skills again rather than that horribly WoW-like talent tree thing.

* Make all dyes account-wide, rather than per-character, like they used to be.

* Increase drop rates again, the stealth nerf to drop rates made the game way less fun.

* Remove the diminishing returns feature, that makes the game less fun, stop being lazy and just ban the bloody bots instead.

* Restore the resource nodes that were removed in a patch.

* Lower prices for armour again to reasonable levels (what they were originally before they were increased ridiculously).

* Put up a public test server and land your content there, first. Landing buggy content and then banning people because of your own buggy content is not on. No one else does that. Ultima Online, way back when even, had a PTS. No excuses.

If all of these issues were looked into, then GW2 would be a game I could play. Unfortunately, these issues make it a very subpar and WoW-like MMO.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

PvE:

- add more skins
    - reduce cost of travels - its already cheap
    - add more portals - no theres anough waypoints
    - remove WvW from PvE exploration, it can be area/mini game apart
    - add dungeon group finder / auto tele there - then every dung runner would be just sitting in town
    - add more resurrection points inside dungeons (run is fun but not that much) - thats why you have your team mates, if you all wipe well you must sudder :)
    - make dungeons less challenging or use NM / HM as it was at GW1 - no leave them as they are maybe more harder
    - make some HM challenges
    - if possible add cinematic (not that important, just was cool to look at GW1)
    - add trade or "mail with pay" option - no you get hacked and guy have easier work
    - stop charge coins twice for TP (they charge you first when you put item and second when it sold so far) 15% tax most have no problem with it, die resellers :)
    - make magic find extra stat, not primary as now or remove it from game
    - make bank tab larger from the start, add more space to buy too
    - add new bags and revamp 18 and 20 slot bags (it ridiculous difference for 2 slots now, make it 20 and 25 instate, will be more understandable, add 30 slot too)
    - I don't find bank share nice: in any other game I have bank space per alt and can mail between them
    - make auto-join for DE (not if you pass by but when you start to participate, or, at least, ask to join tool) - again no one would leave towns then
    - I would love to have more healing at least for dungeons, why not put healer NPC there

PvP:

- make factions - i see no point maybe in later expansions but not now
    - make guild wars (lol any idea hwy this game actually calls GW2?=P) -if you read some lore you woul know why its called that :)

• WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101

- Remove out-of-combar regen, add foodstuffs

- Nerf healing skills

- Add open-world PvP chaos servers :D

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Guild "Halls" in the open world. Let guilds claim a piece of the open world for their own and...

Add Guild vs. Guild warfare in the open world. Make it mandatory for those holding certain "high value" bases and consensual for those who only hold a lesser value base.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

I may find the game boring, but I'll play the hell out of it before I'd corrupt my computer by loading the POS game WoW that you are describing.  WoW is so easy even a toddler can play it while filling a diaper during a nap.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by MMOExposed
    Besides Bugs,Balance, and Housing, how could GW2 be improved?

All my ideas are apparently unpopular. So i wont comment.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

It would improve by stopping to be GW2. IE: Open world PvP, introduce trinity and add actual group content.

So in short, it can't improve while it remains to be GW2, and if it improve, it'll turn into a diferent game.

Wow, great input, make it more like every other trinity game out there. If it doesn't follow the WoW path then it can't be any good, only Wow clones are good. I guess that's why they sold over 3M copies, because the game can't improve without giving up what they had in mind and make it into just another WoW-clone.

Seriously, get real!

What they're working on for the february update is the way to go. ArenaNet knows better what's good for GW2 than we do.

imageimage
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

It would improve by stopping to be GW2. IE: Open world PvP, introduce trinity and add actual group content.

So in short, it can't improve while it remains to be GW2, and if it improve, it'll turn into a diferent game.

Wow, great input, make it more like every other trinity game out there. If it doesn't follow the WoW path then it can't be any good, only Wow clones are good. I guess that's why they sold over 3M copies, because the game can't improve without giving up what they had in mind and make it into just another WoW-clone.

Seriously, get real!

Even SWTOR sold lots of boxes. GW2's saving grace is that it has no monthly fee. So you buy it and play it like a console game and your certainly get your money's worth. However, i have played COD and Battlefield games longer than GW2.

if GW2 had monthly subs it would be a different story so i see nothing to brag about 3 million boxes sold of a buy to play game.

However, as far as improving GW2, i don't know if it is an improvement or not  but if they ever decide to bring GW skill system back to GW2 i know a lot of people personaly who will be very happy. There is a reason why most of our guild went back to GW and still playign it after so many years.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Seriously, get real!

Even SWTOR sold lots of boxes. GW2's saving grace is that it has no monthly fee. So you buy it and play it like a console game and your certainly get your money's worth. However, i have played COD and Battlefield games longer that GW2.

if GW2 had monthly subs it would be a different story so i see nothing to brag about 3 million boxes sold of a buy to play game.

However as far as imprving GW2 i don't know if it is an improvement or but if they ever decide to bring GW skill system back to GW2 i know a lot of people personaly who will be very happy. There is a reason why most of our guild went back to GW and still playign it after so many years.

Now imagine how many boxes GW2 would sell if it was called SWTOR and how few boxes SWTOR would sell if it was called GW2.

• coltonjeffersoncoltonjefferson Member Posts: 33
    If they included more in depth crafting system similar to how everything RuneScape has to offer, and different ways to train them. For example, in RuneScape there is fishing, thieving, farming, smithing, etc. and you can train/get better at doing them just doing them, but also can do minigames and such to get better.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,049
    It would be good if it had a crafting system like Vanguard or early EQ 2  and housing like the variety and depth of EQ 2. Absolutely loved all the furniture and wonderful creativity of the players in EQ 2.
    Chamber of Chains
    Originally posted by cheyane
    It would be good if it had a crafting system like Vanguard or early EQ 2  and housing like the variety and depth of EQ 2. Absolutely loved all the furniture and wonderful creativity of the players in EQ 2.

I agree even Rift did it and it is on par with EQ2 housing and crafting now.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

Seriously, get real!

Even SWTOR sold lots of boxes. GW2's saving grace is that it has no monthly fee. So you buy it and play it like a console game and your certainly get your money's worth. However, i have played COD and Battlefield games longer that GW2.

However as far as imprving GW2 i don't know if it is an improvement or but if they ever decide to bring GW skill system back to GW2 i know a lot of people personaly who will be very happy. There is a reason why most of our guild went back to GW and still playign it after so many years.

Now imagine how many boxes GW2 would sell if it was called SWTOR and how few boxes SWTOR would sell if it was called GW2.

GW sold 6.5 million boxes last time i checked so not as if GW2 didn't have its fanbase. And if we are just talking about IP popularity considering SW fans tanscend beyond the boundaries of MMOS and video games, they should have shattered world records but they didn't.

-Jesse Schell

-Luke McKinney