Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Beta Key Giveaway

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Red 5 Studios is inviting thousands of new players from around the world to join Firefall's upcoming Beta Weekend.  This beta weekend will run from January 25 through January 28, 2012 beginning Friday at 10:00AM PST and ending Monday at 12AM PST. 

NOTE: While these keys will get you into the beta for the weeekend event, they are also permanent Firefall beta keys and will grant you access to the full 24/7 beta.

Get your key now!

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Thanks, got (the first) one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Originally posted by I_Return

These kind of beta tests are not only a waste of time for the players but for the developers. There is aboslutely no useful data you can possible collect in 2 days except to promote the player base.

When I see games do this it turns me completely off. If this was a serious contender in the market they would of put together a much better beta program.

Try reading then comment. These keys give you access to the 24/7 beta. Thank you for the key MMORPG.com!

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by marz.at.play

These kind of beta tests are not only a waste of time for the players but for the developers. There is aboslutely no useful data you can possible collect in 2 days except to promote the player base.

When I see games do this it turns me completely off. If this was a serious contender in the market they would of put together a much better beta program.

Try reading then comment. These keys give you access to the 24/7 beta. Thank you for the key MMORPG.com!

You're welcome!

• jholton2669jholton2669 Member Posts: 1
    Most often the point of a 48 hour beta weekend is to stress test the servers... So why complain about something free anyways?
  • LasharLashar Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by jholton2669
    Most often the point of a 48 hour beta weekend is to stress test the servers... So why complain about something free anyways?

What he said...

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297

I gotta agree having to download the client and only getting 2 days is kinda silly to me, but considering

they have done this a few times it must be working well 4 them.

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Ahh ok, i see what they're doing now they hand out 2 day beta keys if you like it you play your 2 days when your time ends chances are your going to go buy a founders pack, so you can keep on playing. ;) Pretty clever of them would not be surprised if they have not sent out a single full beta invite since they added the founders pack.

• KaiUnoKaiUno Member Posts: 3
    Just give it a rest already.
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by bbbb42
    Ahh ok, i see what they're doing now they hand out 2 day beta keys if you like it you play your 2 days when your time ends chances are your going to go buy a founders pack, so you can keep on playing. ;) Pretty clever of them would not be surprised if they have not sent out a single full beta invite since they added the founders pack.

Or you could get a permanent beta key from MMORPG.com or people already in the permanent beta.

I personally got my key a while ago on the Firefall forum section on this website, in the thread dedicated to handing out player invites, from other players. I already handed out my own 5 keys, though!

• AbedulelpinoAbedulelpino Member Posts: 5
    I got the daily digest on 27, saying it was from 25 lol. Came 2 days late cuz that anyone else is getting the daily digest some days later?

Look! a penny!

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Makes perfect sence when servers will only be stressed @ launch for 2 days...... perfect sense. One of the reason Vanguard failed, they never keep the server loads high to actually see months worth of data that could of saved the game from failing.

Pretty much stand by my initial statement about the waste of time a 48 beta is. I've apologized for misreading, but not my initial statement which I support.

Posting an opinion is not a complaint, it is an opinion.

2 days is absolutely more than enough for a stress test. 

Stress tests are useful for identifying possible future bottlenecks and optimize performance where it needs to be optimized. The working conditions on a server will never be the conditions you set for a stress test. At least that should be the idea.

VG performance issues were never server side, but client side. The problems on the server side were about stability, not performance.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by gordiflu

Makes perfect sence when servers will only be stressed @ launch for 2 days...... perfect sense. One of the reason Vanguard failed, they never keep the server loads high to actually see months worth of data that could of saved the game from failing.

Pretty much stand by my initial statement about the waste of time a 48 beta is. I've apologized for misreading, but not my initial statement which I support.

Posting an opinion is not a complaint, it is an opinion.

2 days is absolutely more than enough for a stress test. 

Stress tests are useful for identifying possible future bottlenecks and optimize performance where it needs to be optimized. The working conditions on a server will never be the conditions you set for a stress test. At least that should be the idea.

VG performance issues were never server side, but client side. The problems on the server side were about stability, not performance.

I accept your opinion but disagree. I've BEEN in these beta's for over 10's now, absolutley nothing, nothing ever comes out of the 48 weekend. When time after time game releases with the exact same issues as that beta weekend, a dev has not only wasted the players time, but also their own.

Maybe Firefall is different, but having all the experience that I have with the genre, the likely hood is slim. IT has become so cliche to have these weekends, I look forword to the developer who is confident about their title that they won't need to have them. That comes with a core beta group of dedicated objective testers.

IF you look at the time Firefall was introduced to this point now, it has not even been enough time for close beta testers to file proper and accurate critiques, imho.

I hope i'm wrong for the fans sake.

Don't get me wrong, I am well aware of the marketing side of nowaday's open betas. In the end it's supposed to be a beta but, hehe, you can already spend some money on the cash shop or buy your founder status. I still think a stress test is a wise thing to do, even if it's only to confirm that your hardware, while struggling, can handle the load.

Firefall has been on different beta stages for a while already, and trust me there's plenty of input on the official forums. 

• MaissonMaisson Member UncommonPosts: 29
    I know this is an old post now and there are no keys left, however MikeB you may want to pay attention when posting dates. According to the dates of the test posted this was for last year. ;)