Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Which payment model is ideal for ESO?

Comments

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

lmao @ Rift...come out shit talking the competition yet never reveal how well your own game did. from 100 servers down to 8 in  a year...with all this lauded content, lol. and the 8 us servers open now only 4 get past medium at peak times...they could chop it down to 5 servers and be fine...right on the heels of an expansion. rofl.

EoN was soo bad in beta they shelved it...lmao @ TRION. i guess the way to do P2P in the F2P age is to talk a lot of shit and have nothing to show for it?

Typical inflammatory hater incoming! Oh my god someone tank him! Jesus christ he's in the healers! Oh wait it's a 14 year old with a complex, never mind, we are cool. If you don't like a game don't play it, but you can't deny Rift beat everyone's expectations for something the kiddies called a WoW clone.

typical fanboy response to a true statement.

Yes I'm a fan boy because of the success of a company you dislike. Hard facts hurt, almost as much as your half baked response.

...success? RIFT flopped, EoN flopped in BETA, Defiance will flop soon, a Korean sanbox not made in house will be their most successful game....

Making millions upon millions in revenue is not flopping, just because it's not a billion dollar franchise like WoW does not diminish the success and the small niche market they have crafted for a WoW style themepark with actual content. Honestly, I never expected EoN to release, and a lot of others didn't either, so yes, that was definitely a flop :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Wow went 8 months without any new content updates, so 8 x 15$ = no content.

I would rather a game rob me right up front with a sub than try to be sneaky about it with crap from a sub shop.

at least you have a choice to be robbed or not.

Nobody is making you play a sub game. I don't get your point.

• AsariashaAsariasha Member UncommonPosts: 252

P2P means that a development studio has got somewhat safe revenues, meaning they may maintain a bigger development team.

As long as service levels are good and updates are released in reasonable intervals, I'm in for a P2P-Model.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350

I would rather a game rob me right up front with a sub than try to be sneaky about it with crap from a sub shop.

Nobody is making you buy stuff from a shop either.

I don't buy from cash shops because I don't play those games.

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346

lmao @ Rift...come out shit talking the competition yet never reveal how well your own game did. from 100 servers down to 8 in  a year...with all this lauded content, lol. and the 8 us servers open now only 4 get past medium at peak times...they could chop it down to 5 servers and be fine...right on the heels of an expansion. rofl.

EoN was soo bad in beta they shelved it...lmao @ TRION. i guess the way to do P2P in the F2P age is to talk a lot of shit and have nothing to show for it?

Typical inflammatory hater incoming! Oh my god someone tank him! Jesus christ he's in the healers! Oh wait it's a 14 year old with a complex, never mind, we are cool. If you don't like a game don't play it, but you can't deny Rift beat everyone's expectations for something the kiddies called a WoW clone.

typical fanboy response to a true statement.

Yes I'm a fan boy because of the success of a company you dislike. Hard facts hurt, almost as much as your half baked response.

...success? RIFT flopped, EoN flopped in BETA, Defiance will flop soon, a Korean sanbox not made in house will be their most successful game....

Making millions upon millions in revenue is not flopping, just because it's not a billion dollar franchise like WoW does not diminish the success and the small niche market they have crafted for a WoW style themepark with actual content. Honestly, I never expected EoN to release, and a lot of others didn't either, so yes, that was definitely a flop :)

yep making so much millions that they laid off 100 people in the last 2 months lmfao. just up and nuked the EoN devs then put another 30 in house to rest...oh boy. duct taping SL to the vanilla box, heavy discount after 3 weeks...

remember all the Funcom fans saying how they were so profitable just 8 weeks ago....

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    P2P, if I wanted to hang out with peasants I would get the bus to work ;)

soo funny lol..but i do agree p2p

What game do you play?

Originally posted by Asariasha

P2P means that a development studio has got somewhat safe revenues, meaning they may maintain a bigger development team.

As long as service levels are good and updates are released in reasonable intervals, I'm in for a P2P-Model.

like tera, tsw, rift, mo, aion, coh, swtor, lotro, ddo, mxo, swg, ao, aoc, etc...right?

first of all investors give them money up front to develop the game after launch and the subs (or other means of income) make it back.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

How so? 

If the games time requirements are increased to funnel you to the cash shop, then you've been robbed of time. 

If the games fun has been locked behind a pay wall, then you've been robbed of fun. 

If both are to harsh and you leave a game you would have otherwise have liked, then you've been robbed of a game. 

Though, cash shops like TSW, GW2, and PS2 aren't bad at all and some that I can live with. These however are not the standard when it comes to cash shops sadly. 

What game do you play?

Battlefield 3, I have been turned off by mmo's recently by the F2P movement and think its one of the worst things to happen to the genre since WoW put in PvP instances.

What game do you play?

Battlefield 3

How come you are not paying a sub to an MMO?

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    I vote P2P, I think this game should pay me to play it since they are bastardizing the IP.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

@ Istavaan: he's not subbing because MMO's aren't worth it lately....and TESO has about a 95% chance of not being worth one either.
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

How so? 

If the games time requirements are increased to funnel you to the cash shop, then you've been robbed of time. 

If the games fun has been locked behind a pay wall, then you've been robbed of fun. 

If both are to harsh and you leave a game you would have otherwise have liked, then you've been robbed of a game. 

Though, cash shops like TSW, GW2, and PS2 aren't bad at all and some that I can live with. These however are not the standard when it comes to cash shops sadly. 

They will become the standard.

What game do you play?

Battlefield 3

How come you are not paying a sub to an MMO?

There is no mmo out right now that I like.

@ Istavaan: he's not subbing because MMO's aren't worth it lately....and TESO has about a 95% chance of not being worth one either.

Exactly MMO's are not worth a sub so until quality improves and content patches become worth it, i'll stand behind the b2p model.

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087
    B2P... well, I'm almost positive it will launch as a P2P then a few months down the road F2P or B2P.  That's the trend these days.  Why not save a lot of time and trouble and just launch B2P with a well thought out cash shop? 
  • Total_HuntTotal_Hunt Member Posts: 65

B2P. So long as the cash shop is just for cosmetic and convenience items. I think GW2 has don a brilliant job at this.

P2P model only works for WoW. When a new game comes out and the devs are inevitably still trying to cope with bugs and balance, the hardcore players complete all the content then complain and unsub.

To the ppl who are saying p2p MMO's have a more mature community, LOL. Did you play SWtOR / WoW? I've found GW2 and LotRO to have the best communities, even though community is pretty much irrelevant in GW2 but that's another topic.

Just think of all the cool stuff they could put in the cash shop from the modding community.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

The sub model is dead, this game will be B2P.

The more you say it doesnt make it true.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

yep making so much millions that they laid off 100 people in the last 2 months lmfao. just up and nuked the EoN devs then put another 30 in house to rest...oh boy. duct taping SL to the vanilla box, heavy discount after 3 weeks...

remember all the Funcom fans saying how they were so profitable just 8 weeks ago....

Let's agree to disagree, I'm full on troll bait for the morning, it was a feast ;)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

Exactly MMO's are not worth a sub so until quality improves and content patches become worth it, i'll stand behind the b2p model.

Why do you care if its P2P or not, you have plenty of F2P games out now that you can enjoy if you perfer that system. Arent they good enough to waste all your time and money on? Or do you need more because they are crap?

• FallguyArmyFallguyArmy Member Posts: 80

B2P as long as the cash shop is only cosmetic stuff.

Originally posted by Nitth

You only have to look at recent and upcoming releases to know it's true.

Originally posted by Nitth

You only have to look at recent and upcoming releases to know it's true.

Why arent you playing all the F2P games out already? Why do you need more? Are the ones out now not good enough for F2P?