Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: Retail Release Launching 'Spring 2013'

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to the latest news from Age of Wushu's Snail Games, retail release is now a more nebulous 'spring 2013'. According to information disseminated by Snail Games, developers are taking beta tester feedback and using it to update the game.

TheAge of Wushu development team at Snail Games is focused on delivering a highly polished and engaging ancient Chinese online experience and the world's first true Wuxia themed MMORPG. We want to ensure we are delivering the highest quality game experience possible.

Find out more about Age of Wushu.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• morbitangelmorbitangel Member UncommonPosts: 70
    loving the game but they didnt know this sooner than 6 days before their launchdate? give me a break lol
  • JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120

I am disappointed the company as a whole.  I have had a terrible time with support, going on almost a month now trying to get my purchase applied.  

They make the charge right away, but seem to ignore or close tickets when it comes to issues of the purchase not being applied.  Heck, they wouldn't even respond to Paypal dispute requests.  Though I found out the hard it was in their best interest as the charge then falls under intangible items and Paypal backs out.

• lars1134lars1134 Member Posts: 106

Despite some obvious flaws, I really love the game and hope it sees a bright future. I  have to agree Customer Support is one of it's flaws, but if you contact them trough ingame chat they always seem to find a solution. I had the exact same problem as Jojin.

In much ways, the game is like Eve online. (f.i. pvp centric, offline leveling etc..) but the good thing here is that I actually connect with my character and that I find AOW much less complicated in the long run. Where EVE is sterile, AOW isn't and that is one great things that make we want to play AOW over EVE.

As regards to P2W, it;s really nonexistant. At least not as much as in many other mmorpgs. The only P2W aspect in AOW is that you can get an XP boost. But it is really expensive compared to the free daily Team Practice (like Power Hour in UO). And one can trade gold for ingame silver (ingame currency) but that same systems works and is wanted in many other online games like EVE, Tera etc..

The only thing I really did not like was the fact that items bought in the Cash Shop are only temporarily, even mounts. But this will be changed before it will truly get in Open Beta.

• Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    They are taking beta feedback? This game was long time ago released in Asia lol, also I can't take seriously a asian free 2 play cash shop game ever.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    This is good news in the long run. The game is still very much a rough diamond with many people turned off by the terrible UI and "Engrish" translations. If they take the time to polish polish polish then so much the better.
  • SlukjanSlukjan Member UncommonPosts: 265
    It seems pay 2 win to me because you can buy gold and convert it to silver then buy the best weapons and armor in the game.  Unless weapons etc have a level restriction which I'm not sure if it does.
  • GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    What is the source of this information?
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I just downloaded and tried it, The Games not for me.

And whats with the "Buy it now" i thought it was F2P?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Originally posted by Slukjan
    It seems pay 2 win to me because you can buy gold and convert it to silver then buy the best weapons and armor in the game.  Unless weapons etc have a level restriction which I'm not sure if it does.

You can do the same thing in Eve Online and TERA as for many other games. There is no obvious skill restriction on times, but if you lack skill, armour will not help a single bit. Age of Wushu is primarily skill based.

Originally posted by Nitth

I just downloaded and tried it, The Games not for me.

And whats with the "Buy it now" i thought it was F2P?

It is Free 2 Play. The game is currently in closed beta. As a free player you have only limited acces to the closed beta (10 hours first 2 days afterwards only 1 hour a day). If you want to get full acces to the closed beta you will want to prepurchase some VIP time. However, time limitations will be removed when AOW enters closed beta which wont be a long time from now.

Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura
    They are taking beta feedback? This game was long time ago released in Asia lol, also I can't take seriously a asian free 2 play cash shop game ever.

Haha you lack seriousness all the way. Age of Wushu is westernized in many ways, they are taking feedback from beta players to do this. For example, in Asia it is very common for cash shop items to only be limited in time. In the current closed beta this is still in place but in an interview with massively they decided to also bring permanent items to the Cash shop.

• AfterlifeAfterlife Member UncommonPosts: 256

I used to be hung up on the Pay 2 Win thing but after playing for a month now, I can tell you that

1) buying ingame currency is rediculously expensive. 1 Ding (think Platinum) is like $30 and will buy you maybe one piece of gear because the economy is heavily inflated.

2) Gear doesn't mean shit in this game. You'll barely see a power difference between the currently available best gear (Silver) and the noobie Wood gear. It's all about the skill levels in this game.

That being said, you can buy ingame currency and use it to train your skills faster, but this is limited amount per day and also it's beyond expensive with the afore mentioned exchange rate. Someone could drop hundreds if not around a thousand dollars to max their Inner level and at best they'll be capped like everyone else at inner level 36.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079
    Where is the source of this information???
  • xSaintxxSaintx Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I absolutely love this game right now. I love the variety of things there is to do. How long will it hold my interest since I typically get bored really fast, I'm not sure. I really hope they fix the GUI and the localization issues. I'm glad they decided to push it back to improve it before actual release.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

Maybe they need that long to figure out how to add mouse invert....

/sarcasm off

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

It's a decent game.  If you like PVP you will probably like the game.  The vast majority of MMO players want nothing to do with PVP though.  The PVE in this game is beyond atrocious, so you REALLY have to like PVP as pretty much all the little things to do revolve around PVP or you trying to avoid PVP.

I don't see the game having a big impact over here, it's a Chinese martial arts PVP orientated themepark/sandbox hybrid but you cannot alter the ingame world.  Beyone niche.

Though it IS a nice deversion from the western themepark games.  I will probably play this until TES Beta and EQ Next.  The big turn off for me is that you cannot build/alter the world.  So you really, really, really have to enjoy to PVP nature of the game to stick with it.  I like it....but not that much.

• purewitzpurewitz Member UncommonPosts: 489
    So is this game going to be just Buy to Play or is it going to be Free to Play as well?

When we get back from where we are going, we will return to where we were. I know people there!

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    how long is the beta going to last now? I was going to buy this week since release is close.... errr was close. But now it can be months away. So any word on this? If beta will continue to last for 1-2 months then ill buy. Just dont know if they will shut down for 2-3 months before release.
  • Chivalry1978Chivalry1978 Member Posts: 184

there are restrictions and not all weapons are the same. You can have 3 of the same blade manufactured and they can have many different or no bonuses what so ever. A good weapon and good armor would ammount to almost 100 dollars worth of ingame silver. The game is not pay to win. It is however Pay to get their faster. In many ways its alot like Eve. Much your developement is time based and has nothing to do with how many things you kill. However do think you can just buy the game and create a toon and wait 2 weeks. As you quest, fight, walk, jump, Fly, or whatever your earning xp of one sort or another. This exp is converted at a rate ever 100 seconds into cultivation. Cultivation is what is used to train your skills. And while there are no levels per say you do have level of your internal skills which is pretty much how people judge your level. But this is just a small part of it. Oh if your going to play with a group of friends and do pvp...Nothing says gank fest like 4-5 people from royal gaurds with chains. there is nothing you can do to stop them.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by lars1134

Haha you lack seriousness all the way. Age of Wushu is westernized in many ways, they are taking feedback from beta players to do this. For example, in Asia it is very common for cash shop items to only be limited in time. In the current closed beta this is still in place but in an interview with massively they decided to also bring permanent items to the Cash shop.

as of now they have yet to announce anything about perm cashshop items, fyi the game is build around time limited items thats where the money is, please carry on dreaming that they gonna fix it esp the horses and buying of OP skills.

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by xSaintx
    I absolutely love this game right now. I love the variety of things there is to do. How long will it hold my interest since I typically get bored really fast, I'm not sure. I really hope they fix the GUI and the localization issues. I'm glad they decided to push it back to improve it before actual release.

they pushing it back to get more players to buy their deluxe edition, fixing the GUI and localization issues are just excuses cause this was feedback at cbt1 and it's already been 3mths really how hard is it to fix lol.

imo, the longer they delay the more revenues for them cause its not f2p but b2p with cashshop and gold pruchases.

• UhusUhus Member UncommonPosts: 1

Totally Disappoint with the Company. They alway promise thing then come back to backstab give u excuse they cannot keep the promise.

Yes the game P2W.

What the point of pollish or no pollish they still running the server and collecting money. and they have one and only server and it was no FULL.

DONT forgot that they are the GOLD SELLER in the game. They just dont want free player in the first place unless the sever dieying.

• Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    Originally posted by lars1134

I'm talking about a game and also how I feel about the low end asian grinders and you're talking about me??? You don't know me and you have no rights to talk about me!

This: "Haha you lack seriousness all the way" say whatever about games or your opinions don't judge me FOOL!

• ToothmanToothman Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Game is good.  More polished now than most of the MMOs that are "live".    The game is not pay to win.  Anyone saying that just can't play.   It is canted towards PvP but you can stay plenty busy doing only PvE.   There is the occasional ganking but its not that big a deal.    Anyone looking for more of a sandbox experiance should give it a try.