Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

open-world and supports up to 2000 players

123457»

Comments

• CrazyhorsekCrazyhorsek Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    server hopping was a problem in DAoC as well.

Only when they clustered servers...

I played DAoC since beta, then I played on Guinevere and only when they started clustering servers (like 3 RPs etc) cross realm and server hopping became a problem. Before that each server was an "island".

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Azrile
    I am just a passerby with not much interest in propping up this game.  But you are wrong. Open world means it is persistent and never-ending.   This area will be running 24-7 and will always be accessible.   A non-open-world zone is like BGs in WOW.. where you cannot fluidily access tham from the main world, and they have limited duraction and énd

Wow. Theres a whole lot wrong with that statement.
    1. Open world can have an end. And don't need to be persistent.
    2. World of warcraft bg are triggerable from the world.
    3. Campaigns will have an end condition, And will be mirrored.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Toxia
    Originally posted by Ghostshadows

PvP siege battle which looks like hundreds or even thousands of soldiers facing off against each other. Is a battle of this magnitude actually possible in the game, made up of human players?

Every one of the figures in that video was a human player. We got all of our devs into the game for a PvP test, and then captured that sequence with them. It was all in-game. Cyrodiil (the PvP map) is open-world and supports up to 2000 players in it at the same time. ESO’s client is designed to be able to handle (on the recommended spec) 200 players on screen at the same time. That particular scene had about 115 players on each side.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/Elder-Scrolls-Online-interview---Matt-Firor/tabid/418/articleID/284162/Default.aspx#ixzz2IvayIfpT

WEWT!

Wait....what?

Color me confused, how can it support 2k players, yet a person can only see 200 at one time.

if it support 200 on screen, and are 3 factions, then itll be 60-70 person per side?

Where does the other 1800 players...play?

propably in another instance

*ducks and hides*

• deakondeakon Member Posts: 583
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Azrile
    I am just a passerby with not much interest in propping up this game.  But you are wrong. Open world means it is persistent and never-ending.   This area will be running 24-7 and will always be accessible.   A non-open-world zone is like BGs in WOW.. where you cannot fluidily access tham from the main world, and they have limited duraction and énd

Wow. Theres a whole lot wrong with that statement.
    1. Open world can have an end. And don't need to be persistent.
    2. World of warcraft bg are triggerable from the world.
    3. Campaigns will have an end condition, And will be mirrored.

The end condition just resets the points, but the map stays persistant if you captured a fort etc before the "end" you still keep the fort when it starts again, how is having a persistant area seperated by campaigns any different from having a persistant area seperated by server, the limits are pretty much exactly the same?

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

i don''t get this thread..

2 things here..

open world..

support of 2k players @ the same time..

those 2 things don''t match.. 

open world is unlimited.. funny how companies always trying to bend over the words..

in theory.. you can crash a server when truely open world.. if everyone of the server come to one location..

i doubt this game will will have anything new.. if they already bending the words..

Originally posted by Snoepie

2 things here..

open world..

open world is unlimited.. funny how companies always trying to bend over the words..

in theory.. you can crash a server when truely open world.. if everyone of the server come to one location..

i doubt this game will will have anything new.. if they already bending the words..

No, open world is always limited by the capacity of the shard, 2k concurrent players is a very large ammount considering most mmo's have a max of around 8k players (not even concurrent) per shard spread across the entire world, this is 2k for an area thats only about 1/8th the entire map

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by nukempro
    Heard it before...AOC says hello...I will believe it when I see it.

Actually, I believe Lineage I was the first to make that kind of claim.

We have heard it many dozen times since, I'll grant you.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by deakon

2 things here..

open world..

No, open world is always limited by the capacity of the shard, 2k concurrent players is a very large ammount considering most mmo's have a max of around 8k players (not even concurrent) per shard spread across the entire world, this is 2k for an area thats only about 1/8th the entire map

that''s a zone dude.. not open world..

open world is : mortal online and darkfall online.. when you can crash the server when the whole server is @ one location..

one company call them shards the other one calls them zones..

bending the words.

2 things here..

open world..

open world is : mortal online and darkfall online.. when you can crash the server when the whole server is @ one location..

bending the words.

No when i say shard i meen server, a server normally has around 8k players on it (not concurrently) across the entire game, teso wont have servers as such so it cant gate players the same way as game with traditional servers, each campaign in teso can handle 2k players concurrently, that is a massive ammount of players

I'm pretty sure Its rare for an entire server to have much more than 2/3k concurrent players in most games, so 2k per pvp campaign is plenty, and if your only complaint is you cant crash the server . . .well I would rather you not be able to because i would rather play a game than break it

2 things here..

open world..

bending the words.

No when i say shard i meen server, a server normally has around 8k players on it (not concurrently) across the entire game, teso wont have servers as such so it cant gate players the same way as game with traditional servers, each campaign in teso can handle 2k players concurrently, that is a massive ammount of players

I'm pretty sure Its rare for an entire server to have much more than 2/3k concurrent players in most games, so 2k per pvp campaign is plenty, and if your only complaint is you cant crash the server . . .well I would rather you not be able to because i would rather play a game than break it

hmm..

its an example how open world works.. not limiting your zones.. you can limited a server tho with accounts..(shards)

So your telling me that 8k players are on each server your so called shards.. now this i understand.. yet they are limiting the the "zone" with 2k players.

I say its bending the words..  its alot tho.. 2k players @ one location.. but it ain''t open world..

in theory.. the 2001 player can''t get into the pvp middle area  now in open world there are no restrictions to this and our 2001 player could go into that  middle area