Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THIS is what D3 should have been like.

2»

Comments

• uller30uller30 Member UncommonPosts: 125
    I have played D3 got diablo killed and also hit. Lvl 30somehthign. Thought it was lame and why delete a boring half assed altering dugeon  system. Poe is pretty fun interesting and no do cash shop or auction house that I know of. Love it
  • ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

As game mechanics the game is 100 times better than diablo 3.

Diablo 3 should have been like this.

BUT path of exile lacks cool armors,has poor character models and crap  animations.The characters move like they have shit in their ass without beeing aggresive at all.

IF they improve the character/monster models,movement animations and the bad looking armors this game will become a huge success

• Scorp2778Scorp2778 Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by expresso
    Originally posted by Scorp2778
    Originally posted by Mondo80

What did you guys want from Diablo 3 in the first place? 

1. PvP.

See next patch, dueling and 4 player FFA

2. Random maps.

Been in since release

Which maps are random? I have played through the game tons of times and they all seem pretty much the same. Maybe 1 or 2 side zones aren't static but there aren't many.

3. More than 1 viable build for my monk.

How about trying other builds rather than the one the interwebz tell you to use, gear often dictates your build in D3 so there is no reason to go with the flavour of the month unless you have the gear to support it.

I would love to try new builds but most of the monk skills aren't that useful. My monk was my 2nd 60 and most played. I played around with builds but most of the monk skills kinda suck. Even with the upcoming changes I see maybe using 1 different skill. If I want to mess around on builds I go play my WD. The WD class is fun trying different builds with. Before they made inferno easier I would swap my monk build/gear depending on the Act. Anymore, once you have decent gear, defense skills are meaningless besides OWE.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by expresso
    Originally posted by Scorp2778

1. PvP.

See next patch, dueling and 4 player FFA

2. Random maps.

Been in since release

3. More than 1 viable build for my monk.

How about trying other builds rather than the one the interwebz tell you to use, gear often dictates your build in D3 so there is no reason to go with the flavour of the month unless you have the gear to support it.

4. I would LOVE a never ending dungeon that got progressively harder each level. 

Agree, that would be sweet

I have hopes that the game will have 2 of the 4 on my list before too long. I don't know that I will ever see the other 2.

To be on topic though, I have been playing and enjoying Path of Exile. I like how characters develop in the game and the skill system is nice. The lack of currency besides items is an interesting concept too. It will be interesting to see how PoE evolves from here on.

I still play D3. I don't think it's as bad what everyone makes out.. but, still, I'm going to call you out here becuase if people like you keep saying the things you are saying, the issues are never going to get fixed.

1. PvP: If you'd tried PvP on the test server you wouldn't be very excited about it. It's a joke. One match you'll 1 shot someone.. then someone who's poured their life savings into the RMAH will come in and 1 shot you. It's a 1 or 2 shot game. It's not functional and I can see exactly why they binned thier other PvP plans. You are never fighting someone for more than a few seconds and it's impossible to beat someone who can beat you. The numbers rule, if their numbers are higher you'll never, ever even make a dent on them. No skill, it might as well be automatic. The winner is decided before you've even started. It's a mess.

2. Random Maps  Semi-random maps have been in since launch, not random maps. Too many static pieces, too predictable. Not good enough. It needs tobe better.

3. Monk Builds: I play a monk as my main as well. There really is only one functional way to play; Pop sweepeing wind and your healing damage buff, spam overawe, attack with fists of thunder (for the fastest spirit gain so you can keep spamming overawe), using blinding flash and serenity for survivability when needed. Anything else is either useless or way worse, not a bit worse..waaaay worse. This isn't a fav of the month, it's a fav of the year; it's the only way to play a monk. Anything else doesn't work at the monster levels this does. It's the only way a monk can perform at the same level as the other classes.

4. Never Ending Dungeon: Would be nice.. but if we had proper random maps we wouldn't need it as much.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • jpnolejpnole Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Absolutely, 100% the heir to the ARPG throne in my opinion. Path of Exile is now the ARPG to beat.

Mounts?

Houses with a farmville component?

An expansive world bgiger than 64 WOW maps glued together to get utterly lost in?

A full-fledged MMO set in Sancturary to do raids agianst Diablo and all the other lords of Hell?

Even with the online requirement and no LAN or Offline mode, I think they did a good job.  Kill packs of monsters, grab increasingly powerful items do pimp yourself out and ultimetly kill the devil.  That is the CORE of the entire Diablo franchize. 

Hoardslaying.

Perhaps you misunderstand. D2 LoD didn't have any of those things. We all wanted a game in the same vein as D2 LoD only with modern graphics and at least a little innovation. PoE delivered where D3 failed.

Originally posted by Roxtarr
    aaaand still chat is filled with people wondering why the game isn't more like D3.  Go figure :P

No it's not. If anything, I see a lot of well deserved bashing of D3 in chat as well as praise for PoE by comparison.

Originally posted by Zefire

As game mechanics the game is 100 times better than diablo 3.

Diablo 3 should have been like this.

BUT path of exile lacks cool armors,has poor character models and crap  animations.The characters move like they have shit in their ass without beeing aggresive at all.

IF they improve the character/monster models,movement animations and the bad looking armors this game will become a huge success

PoE gets some complaints about slow combat, however, player movement and attack spped can be enhanced greatly by adding movement and attack speed over time via gear and attribute stacking. When players try to stack anything in D3, Blizzard immediately jumps in to stop the fun. Take a look at high level vids and see that PoE isn't as slow as you think.

Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

So you wanted D3 to be a poor D2 clone?

Glad we cleared that up.

You're throwing support to a game which doesn't even have a viewing distance to truly support a ranged class. Something which I told them in my almost 1 year closed beta tenure. Yet, I was IGNORED. 

This game's features were dictated by D2 fans with biased and unrealistic views of what D2 was like. And it shows.

Right on the money brotha!

You're both wrong. The zoom out distance limit is meant to even the playing field between ranged characters (which tend to be OP in these types of games) and melee characters. Remember how the ranged classes owned PVE and levelling through hard content in D3? Some of you have also been babied by mmos which let you zoom out and cast your spells or fire your arrows from a kilometer behind your melee teamates. Anyway, just another example of how PoE has moved the bar higher for all ARPGs.

• MisatoTremorMisatoTremor Member UncommonPosts: 72

My opinion:
    No, it is not.

Well, as I see it this is what Diablo I+II mixed together, slightly overhauled and given better GFX would be. It is a very good game and fun to play, but Diablo III is still the better successor in it series.

I see PoE and D3 just as two very good Action RPGs I like to play.

Misato - TankDoc for Life
  • causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Yes in my opinion Path of Exile is a much better game. Not saying I didn't enjoy D3, because I had some fun with it, but boy, Path of Exile is something special.
  • negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149

Sorry, but to truly enjoy ass cake it must not be easy, but truly earned through blood, sweat, and tears...

Ohh, and I am enjoy the crap out of this game...

Can we say...dual wielding wands..YAY...can we say QUAD Wielding wands with shfiting back with X...Can we say Fire/Ice and frigging zombies up the ying yang..YAY!

• pauly6478pauly6478 Member Posts: 276

Blizzard couldnt release a game a 1/10th as good as this. I am loving this game so much right now. This game is only gonna get better too as more money is put into it.

Props to the devs for making a lot with a little.