Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] ArcheAge: Jake Song On Teaming with Trion

Comments

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Love the Trion choice.  AA is on the radar again.  Eff yeah.
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Sygris
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Good decision with Trion.

Would be nice to see the game out ...in the west...this year.

30 levels to give you a sense of the game.Fine with me...but "grist for the mill" for those looking to worry and complain.

trion is planning on releasing aa later this year.

source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#EHJ77rD3og1pMjDQ.99

you should find it right over the picture of the hariharan.

"Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand."

Yes thats great news.  But I read further and found

"Trion will translate the title and make changes to suit Western audiences."

It was inevitable but naively wished it would come over as is.... 

• DeitylightDeitylight Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

30 levels to give you a sense of the game.Fine with me...but "grist for the mill" for those looking to worry and complain.

source: http://venturebeat.com/2013/01/24/trion-to-publish-xl-games-massive-online-game-archeage-in-western-markets-exclusive/#EHJ77rD3og1pMjDQ.99

"Trion aims to launch the game later this year in North America, Europe, Turkey, Australia, and New Zealand."

But AA is already casual as it is once it comes to being on your home continent.

I guess they'll have a pve only server with some restrictions on it I guess, that's as "western" as you'll get.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Trion is IMO one of the LAST western AAA devs who truly cares about mmos. Sure Rift wasnt revolutionary but it had arguably the best release and post release support for a long time. This is probably the best news ive heard in a long time.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    Awesome, thi is great news I think... I hope.
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,384
    Originally posted by Deitylight
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

But AA is already casual as it is once it comes to being on your home continent.

I guess they'll have a pve only server with some restrictions on it I guess, that's as "western" as you'll get.

I don't want a PvE only server. I want a server with faction only PvP instead of FFA. A server with no FFA.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Never saw that coming, but I love Trion.  I play Rift and love everything about it.
  • BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813

I'm in agreement with a lot of the other folks here; TRION Worlds was a completely unexpected yet WONDERFUL surprise!

This just increased my anticipation factor by a numerical value that goes off the scales.  AWESOME News!

I burned out a little on RIFT, but I cannot deny TRION's quality level and steady effort to churn out continuous SOLID content updates.  ArcheAge will be in good hands.

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    NOW THIS is a hype train I can board. Trion, is a hard working, caring studio. They're content may not be interesting to me, but their quality and quantity of it in such a small time is outstanding. GREAT PICK. 
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

This could be where Trion eventually end up making that mistake which will take them off the much loved list of MMO devs...

I feel Archeage will disappoint because of unrealistic expectations. I hope it doesn't though.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    I approve this choice. Trion hasn't f*cked up anything yet. :)
  • AennyAenny Member UncommonPosts: 10

Final Fantasy XIII Tutorial? :D

I like it.

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80

XL, you made the RIGHT CHOICE!!!!!!!!

We, the mmo players, support your decision. Hopefully your reading this and now know we are behind you 100 percent!

WELL DONE! Most of us can't wait to hand our money over to you! ha!!

All Will Be Well.....

• SaintWalker44SaintWalker44 Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Originally posted by Vannor

This could be where Trion eventually end up making that mistake which will take them off the much loved list of MMO devs...

I feel Archeage will disappoint because of unrealistic expectations. I hope it doesn't though.

Could be?

There COULD BE a crap load of things that happen. There COULD BE a nuclear holocaust 2morrow. There COULD BE a giant meteor that hurls into the earth next week.

What kind negative thinking is that? Try being positive for once, so tired of the negativity on these boards........

All Will Be Well.....

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    Originally posted by SaintWalker44

XL, you made the RIGHT CHOICE!!!!!!!!

We, the mmo players, support your decision. Hopefully your reading this and now know we are behind you 100 percent!

WELL DONE! Most of us can't wait to hand our money over to you! ha!!

Well said.  With this team combo, I think I'd feel pretty comfortable with a Subscription model.

I really, really, REALLY hope they don't choose the scummy, scam-my "Free To Play" model...  That would be a death sentence waiting to happen.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Could be?

There COULD BE a crap load of things that happen. There COULD BE a nuclear holocaust 2morrow. There COULD BE a giant meteor that hurls into the earth next week.

What kind negative thinking is that? Try being positive for once, so tired of the negativity on these boards........

well N Korea is planning another nuclear test... but anyway back on topic:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    ZOMG best news ever! Trion is so awesome! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

great news indeed! I would love a factional pvp server thou, open  world ganking, been there done that, can be fun but can be boring. Factional gives you that team effort and Sticking to your side pre-set defense. Easier to identify friend from foe, get a better community feeling even thou many guilds will form. Alliance will sprout allot easier and quicker. Make the battles more over conquest then just random ganks :)

I say Factional ftw and I am in ;) bring it Trion, if anyone can do it, you can!

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Could be?

Yes, yes.. I said somehting you don't like. I obviously mean that I think there's a high chance it could happen and obviously you don't. Let's get over it shall we?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361
    I hope Archeage is going to be a Descent Game. I'm so sick of playing this Dumbed down themepark crap. Someone was complaining about 30 levels of Tutorial? Sounds good to me because it will keep the childern, and adults who have the attention span of a Ground Hog out, and it will be just like EvE with a steep learning curve. We need to bring back more indepth MMO's, ones that require you to use your brain and not just sit there mindlessly clicking things.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

• emotaemota Member UncommonPosts: 413
    Trion woohooo!
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by vtravi
    Hmm 30 levels of tutorial. How many players are gonna quite before they get through the tutorial. I only need about an hour to figure out how a game works. This seems excessive

ITs not really a tutorial.. just think about those first 30 lvls being like your standard themepark MMO before it opens up into the sandbox game..

Anyway this is great news, im not a huge fan of trions games but they have always been solid developers and worked with their community. This is an awesome choice and a suprise.. :)

• pioanstefanpioanstefan Member UncommonPosts: 15
    i wish that age of wushu had a publisher like this
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,177
    Originally posted by winter
     A players can only have 3 abilities that seems pretty limited by todays standards. is crafting one or more of the abilities?

" In ArcheAge, even if you are in the same class, players can choose the skills they want to learn, and I think this would give originality to each character."

Sound to me like an ability is simply a skill-set. 

Seems more like a system in rift. See the abilities as souls.

http://archeagegame.ru/skill_planner_archeage