Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Path of Exile: Open Beta Goes Live

13»

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by minimimi98
    Such a horrible design, I better play Torchlight. Storage is non-existing, 99% of you game time is spent running back and forth between vendor and your loot. But wait, when you get back zone got re-created, so all you hard earned loot went bye-bye. If they add a Torchlight selling system, it would be a great game, as it is  - garbage.

By storage you must mean inventory because there is tons of storage. And... don't have loot OCD. There is no need for it. You do not need to sell everything. Pick up all yellows/oranges, only pick up blues you might use, only pick up whites you want to upgrade so you can use and pick up all currency items. Do not pick up blues and whites to sell unless you are already heading back to town anyway. Trust me, you'll be fine. The only probem you are having is with your own impluses, you are ruining your own fun.

You could spend an hour at lower levels selling every item you find and when you are level 60 you'll get that amount from selling one item. You are seriously wasting your time.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Slappy1
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by bartoni33
    Such a horrible design, I better play Torchlight. Storage is non-existing, 99% of you game time is spent running back and forth between vendor and your loot. But wait, when you get back zone got re-created, so all you hard earned loot went bye-bye. If they add a Torchlight selling system, it would be a great game, as it is  - garbage.

You are flat-out wrong about Zones repopulating. That does not happen. I've ran from Starter Town through 2 zones after killing everything and not a soul to be seen or killed.

The zone's do repopulate,I think it's probably on a timer,but I've went back to a zone more than a few time's to see it respawned.

I'm not complaining though as I really like the game.The inventory does need to be bigger or let us buy a little more space.

Zones reset if they havn't been entered by one of your party members for 8-15 minutes. It's seems to be 15 minutes most of the time.

Yea 15 minute's sound's right,it happened to me after I chilled in town for a few.

I think it's the relaly smaller zones that have shorter timers.. like where you get the medicine chest at the start.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by bartoni33

You are flat-out wrong about Zones repopulating. That does not happen. I've ran from Starter Town through 2 zones after killing everything and not a soul to be seen or killed.

The zone's do repopulate,I think it's probably on a timer,but I've went back to a zone more than a few time's to see it respawned.

I'm not complaining though as I really like the game.The inventory does need to be bigger or let us buy a little more space.

OK I did not know that. Never happened to me. That kinda sucks then. But then again that's what WP are for.

I too am enjoying it so far. But I enjoyed D3 for about two weeks then...meh.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,256

The repopulation is on a timer (depending on the zone size it differs from what I read on forums).

I played DiabloII very shortly, maybe a month and I got DiabloIII at release from my annual subscription but I like this game. I like the flask idea and so far the gear hunt is intriguing.

That being said I felt the same way until Inferno in DiabloIII so I'll wait and see what near end game is like for POE.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I'm glad others are getting their hands on it finally.

Been enjoying the innovations this game brings to the genre since 2010.

Looking forward to some League races.

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

I had to FACEPALM so very very VERY hard here. You are the one at fault here, you are playing the game like you would torchlight. Just because it is an ARPG does not mean it plays and interacts the same way that TL2 does. They are two different games that just happen to be the same genre.

When you buy a game, or play a game you dont immediately start playing it how you think it is played, you play it in the manner of how the game intends it. Believe it or not, this requires learning on your part. What you basically said is no different that someone playing dark souls and going, this is garbage, RPG's are meant to be turn based.

PoE has no currency, it is a barter and trade community. You do not collect all the items to go back and forth and sell. That is just plain MADNESS. You only pick up the items you are interested in. I would reccomend purples you like the look off and all yellow based gear. You then either sell to NPC's or identify those you think might be winners. If you sell to NPC you get scrolls, augments etc which can also be used for trade, or improvement. The yellows are worth keeping because chances are someone is willing to trade a gear piece you are interesting in for it.

Because of the heavy customization approaches that can be had with the gear if you find something with a nice core, someone will typically buy to re-build into a spec they are investing into.

The barter, trade and progression to this game is actually very deep. Most people will look to clear the game first, then the second playthrough. By the third time, thats when you start thinking about re-working your gear and pursuing the end game dungeons.

Give the game another look, but this time, play it how its meant to be played, not how you think it should be played.