Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goodbye community

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I havent been posting on the MMORPG.com website regularly for quite some time now.  Seeing all the negativisme about GW2 on these boards made me think a lot. I am still enjoying the game very much. But since the same people that attackked all the other MMo´s released in recent years tried to make me beleive that GW2 was a really bad game (which it isnt)  i realised that the majorrity of posters on this board is negative beyound reason. 

Everyone enjoy whatever game you are playing, and i will spend my time online in a more friendly envoronment with people that still enjoy MMO´s.  

I just tought i had to share this on these boards making a statement that most MMO´s including GW2 are much better games then the majorrity of people try to make you beleive on these boards.

I am done...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I havent been posting on the MMORPG.com website regularly for quite some time now.  Seeing all the negativisme about GW2 on these boards made me think a lot. I am still enjoying the game very much. But since the same people that attackked all the other MMo´s released in recent years tried to make me beleive that GW2 was a really bad game (which it isnt)  i realised that the majorrity of posters on this board is negative beyound reason. 

Everyone enjoy whatever game you are playing, and i will spend my time online in a more friendly envoronment with people that still enjoy MMO´s.  

I just tought i had to share this on these boards making a statement that most MMO´s including GW2 are much better games then the majorrity of people try to make you beleive on these boards.

I am done...

To be honest, it's a bit discouraging to me as well.  Intentional misinformation posted again and again about more than just GW2 starts to make me believe that boards can sometimes be counter productive to the genre.  I hope the community wakes up and realizes that they may be possibly killing their own favorite kinds of games by being so negative and attacking everything under the sun.

Take care!

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

We'll welcome you back as soon as you realize GW2 really is as bad as the worst of us believe.

See you soon.

• XithrylXithryl Member UncommonPosts: 256

I am done...

Agreed, I am enjoying GW2 a lot. I hope you enjoy whereever you go for a forum/community. I don't post on here as much as I use. I am simply enjoying the games I am playing :)

Originally posted by grndzro

We'll welcome you back as soon as you realize GW2 really is as bad as the worst of us believe.

See you soon.

Case in point.  Thank you for illustrating what the OP was talking about.  Instead of discussing the merits of the game, you simply bash it.  This does nothing to advance the ongoing GW2 discussion nor is it helpful.  If yoru post was deleted by mods, you'd simply claim that it was because you said something bad about GW2.  The real reason is that you simply post something negative as an absolute fact with no room for debate.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• FuryVFuryV Member UncommonPosts: 515

I am done...

We REALLY don't care.  I mean that from the bottom of my heart... We genuinely couldn't care less.

Goodbye.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Feeling exactly the same as you. the amount of hate, missinformation and desire for MMOs to FAIL is beyond ridiculous on this forum.

Let them hate it, I am glad I have MMO that I enjoy and that I will enjoy in years to come......

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Try not to let it get to you so much.  Easier said than done, I know.....but I (somehow) found a way even though SWTOR is public enemy #1 on these boards.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

I am done...

You can't let people get to you, hopefully that's a lesson you can learn from leaving. There are a bunch of big swingin' dicks around here who really love to stir shit up for no particular reason, but no matter which community you enter, people like them will be there to ruin your good time, or they'll find you eventually. While I respectfully disagree with your sentiment regarding the most recently released MMO's, in particular GW2, I think most posters here wouldn't want you to stop playing a game you enjoyed, or even convince you to, if that's how you felt.

Keep your chin up, and all that.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

Originally posted by FuryV

I am done...

We REALLY don't care.  I mean that from the bottom of my heart... We genuinely couldn't care less.

Goodbye.

I can't speek for "WE" but I can say that the OP echos a larger segment of these boards than you may think.

• jtcgsjtcgs Member Posts: 1,777
    The best thing about it all, the actual trolls dont get punished, just those trying to defend against them do. The infractions I have gotten have all been defensive replies, mostly with ACTUAL DETAILED refutes in them along with a "youre just trolling", my posts get deleted, their replies with nothing more than attacks and no actual refutes remain.

“I hope we shall crush...in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and bid defiance to the laws of our country." ~Thomes Jefferson

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I am done...

I agree with you, that's why I rarely discuss anything on this subforums lately...

Even on this thread I bet some people will say something like.... expect to see you soon, gw2 is really bad, etc.. etc... when 90% of those who claim it never even played the game...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

See you soon.

This is the attitude he was talking about. Just because YOU don't like it, doesn't mean it is a bad game. Ever think you may be in the minority?

To the OP - I consider the source and move on.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by Grotar89
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

I am done...

To be honest, it's a bit discouraging to me as well.  Intentional misinformation posted again and again about more than just GW2 starts to make me believe that boards can sometimes be counter productive to the genre.  I hope the community wakes up and realizes that they may be possibly killing their own favorite kinds of games by being so negative and attacking everything under the sun.

Take care!

They wont wake up, only way for this forum to go normal and get rid of that behaviour is that mods use Banhammer...

but they are using it... on the wrong people, which is sad...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Everyone has their own opinion, might differ from your own but that happens wherever you go, there will always be people who don't have the same opinion of things that you do. While i don't think GW2 is a bad game exactly, i just dont consider it to be that good of a game either, but only because it doesnt support the type of gameplay that i enjoy, likewise, im pretty sure that i play a game or two that you would feel are not worth your time, not everyone enjoys Eve after all image

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I am like you, but instead of the posters making me quit, its this site moderation like people on this thread have pointed it out

But good luck for you mate

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

Originally posted by jtcgs
    The best thing about it all, the actual trolls dont get punished, just those trying to defend against them do. The infractions I have gotten have all been defensive replies, mostly with ACTUAL DETAILED refutes in them along with a "youre just trolling", my posts get deleted, their replies with nothing more than attacks and no actual refutes remain.

Man finally someone that got the same problem as me

If  I got paid for being illogically banned from this site....

But of course, this subject do not pertain to this thread

"It has potential"
    "It sucks"

Originally posted by boxsnd
    And where are you going? To a forum that doesn't allow criticism? 

He is going to play the game that he and million others enjoy, while you spend yuor time here hating every GW2 thread.

So why the hell does he feel the need to announce it to everybody?  Like we're sitting on the edge of our seat waiting for the big announcement to come.  OH NO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE, STAY WITH US!!!

Just stfu & go.

The point of this thread is to echo a growing opinion about the tone of an increasing number of posts on this website.  There is nothing wrong with no liking a game, but using MMORPG.COM as a platform in an attemmpt to derail a game and/or spread misinformation is a big issue.  The mods can only do so much.  Sooner or later you have to decide whether or not you fit in with the community, and he's decided he doesn't fit in if the community is just going to keep posting negative 'facts' with no room for debate or discussion.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

He is going to play the game that he and million others enjoy, while you spend yuor time here hating every GW2 thread.

So why the hell does he feel the need to announce it to everybody?  Like we're sitting on the edge of our seat waiting for the big announcement to come.  OH NO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE, STAY WITH US!!!

Just stfu & go.

I feel the same about the haters - they have to announce it to the world that GW2 is going down, BECAUSE THEY HATE IT. Go on get over yourself. If the haters can post, so can the OP.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

See you soon.

I agree with OP.  The negativity borders on idiocy (for most not all) comments.

As to the above... when will YOU realize that what you THINK is bad could be fun for someone else.  This blatent push of opinion as fact is discouraging.   Just say YOU dont like GW2 and why (if you can articulate it).   But let those who enjoy the game enjoy it.

• Grotar89Grotar89 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Just stfu & go.

He is very good poster and member of this forum much longer than you, he is here to express his opinion, like you.

[mod edit]

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371
    I feel the same way OP.  I've mostly stopped participating on these forums.  Too much negativity for every game.  Not enough intelligent conversation.
    Originally posted by leojreimroc
    I feel the same way OP.  I've mostly stopped participating on these forums.  Too much negativity for every game.  Not enough intelligent conversation.

FuryV is the manifestation of what we are talking about here

I think OP got a point afterall

"It has potential"
    "It sucks"

• jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143

Just stfu & go.

Sry but OP have a long posting history here and I for one have enjoyed his post for a long time. He will be missed. I am a long time fan of GW2 on these boards, and while i have ended up being sceptical about some of the direction GW2 have taken, and am enjoying a break from the game atm , i for sure think there is alot of unneeded biased hating ( and fanboyism) going on in thesse forums. IT IS UTTERLY SHAMEFULL IMHO to bash OP, for his descission, instead of discussing it or wishing him well. I for one will miss his posting alot, as well as i miss some of the other regular oldtimers that made this forums one of the best until it got strained by the influx of fans and haters.  

• wowcloneswowclones Member Posts: 127
    IT'S ONLY A GAME!! You act as if some one spit in your wifes face! Just because someone doesn't like a game that you love you are leaving? Just WOW.
  • boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by leojreimroc

Show me a forum about GW2 that has intelligent conversation and no "haters".

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

This discussion has been closed.