Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Phase 1 of Beta Testing Slated for February

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Letter from the Producer has been published on the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum. In it, players are told that the first phase of beta testing is scheduled to begin in February. Players are also told that all races will be available for testing during the beta though all customization options will not.

We've been back in the office for almost three weeks now, and our calendars are already marked full of meetings and deadlines. It won't be long before beta testing begins, and soon after that, the release of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn! Looking at the beta test road map we released last month, the road from beta to release would appear to be a long one, but the testing will be over before you know it. There's not a moment to spare in preparation for release, and the development team will stay at full throttle to make sure we get there.

First things first, let's talk a bit about the beta test. Phase one will begin in February, and we were thrilled to see so many players from around the world signing up to participate. I know the beta test is just around the corner, but I'd like to show you guys a few screen shots to tide you over until then.

Read the full letter on the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Can't wwait for this. Thankfully path of exile will keep me busy when im in between mmorpgs now :D

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Is it february yet?...

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• Segun777Segun777 Jade Dynasty CorrespondentMember Posts: 97
    My next great MMO, should certainly tide me over for 6 months or so as I wait for TSW, TESO, and TOR to add a bunch more story for me to play through.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Cool, can't wait

imageimage

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

I really do love these Letter from the Producer x) They are usually an interesting read, with no exception this time :)

As many others I am looking forward to the Beta, got the chance to test in Alpha and I am really looking forward to getting back in to Eorzea :)

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    I can only join the chorus. Hopefully FFXIV reborn is a bearable experience worthy of the FF name.
  • DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Looking forward to this, gonna be a good month XD
  • VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    That was a pretty good letter! I'm really looking forward to Beta 1, and anyone with Legacy status should too. If you don't have Legacy, then Beta 3 is what you should be looking forward to.
  • Kenshin_HimuraKenshin_Himura Member Posts: 75
    Yeah I have Legacy and my FFXIII code which makes odds better.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    I really need this to suck me in as much as FFXI to restore my faith in the MMORPG community.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

is this NA beta? it looks like Japanese to me

• jay8118jay8118 Member Posts: 29
    Yoshi has to be one of the coolest devs out there. Always very informal and up front.

Hoping for a solid game with great endgame content!!
  • NyrrhoNyrrho Member Posts: 53
    Absolutely cannot wait to see how they've improved the game. Counting down the days until release. =)
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    MMO competition is getting crazy so many mmorpg im looking forward to this update and TESO,  BnS,hopefully phantasy star online 2, path of exile and Archage
  • guin10guin10 Member Posts: 21

Myrdynn, yes FF XIV: ARR is a japanese game, but you don't need to worry about waiting months for the game, content, patches etc... 

- Beta in the same day for America/Europe/Japan

- patches in the same day for America/Europe/Japan

- the game will have a worldwide release

• SwiftrevoirSwiftrevoir Member UncommonPosts: 158
    This and TESO going into beta so close together will more than likely give me too many choices to compute o.O.  That is if I get in.  This year might actually offer some hope for those going through the MMO blues right about now.
  • ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Originally posted by Kenshin_Himura
    Yeah I have Legacy and my FFXIII code which makes odds better.

Doesn't Legacy status alone gain you access?

• dapanther99dapanther99 Member Posts: 1
    Unfortunately, I will probably only play it if they go free to play. I dropped $80 on this game already and a month of sub costs when I preordered just to get let down and Ihave played every game from the franchise, not just ffxi...

Dapanther
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Went to their side again trying to apply for beta

"You are forced to be logged off. Please be logged in again."

I be want logged in again but no work :( 

Harbinger of Fools
  • RaveiceRaveice Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

is this NA beta? it looks like Japanese to me

You can choise once lanuch the game if you want it in English Japanese, German or french.

Not sure there will be anymore but those are main language they support.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    The Beta is for everywhere but the data centres are located in Japan for the test so if you see latency issues you will know why :)
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    From what I've seen, it does look entertaining. Lets hope things work out this time.  The trick is going to be getting enough people to give the game a second chance.  Which means they really have to have something much better.
    "If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • minderzminderz Member Posts: 1

when are the developers og these going to see that not everyone wants/needs involved games, some of the older more basic games were awesome, just missmanagement screwed them up, in hope this one works out well, but again, there is too much content, talk the your average gamer, listen to them, after all. simple games lead to interest in the more complex ones :)

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by dapanther99
    Unfortunately, I will probably only play it if they go free to play. I dropped $80 on this game already and a month of sub costs when I preordered just to get let down and Ihave played every game from the franchise, not just ffxi...

Dapanther

If you already bought the game, you dont have to buy it again and you will have a free 30 days to try it. After that you pay the sub if you want or not. i doubt this game will ever be f2p.

• CypruskaCypruska Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Cool graphics, can't wait either!