Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

anyone bought a orbweaver

zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

i have a belkin n52te   which is basicaly a razer nostromo   but  looking around i recently seen a orb weaver

and it looks perfect for mmos  but would like to know   how big it  is compaired to  a belkin  or  a nostromo

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Main difference I see is that it is mechanical. Otherwise, it seems to be very simialr to my N52. Looks more ergonomic than the Speedpad as well.

edit: It also looks like it hasn't released yet.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

it also has another row of keys  where my  belking has  14 on the key pad that appears to have  20

i also find i am at my limit   on my belkin   i always  need a few more keys  so  the  orbweave looks  like it might just have enough but i am worried if its  to  big  and i cant  reach the  forward keys as it  looks very big

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    You're right, I didn't count the keys. Though it has a bunch of adjustment, if it is much bigger than the speedpad, my little hands won't fit it.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MuratReisMuratReis Member UncommonPosts: 73
    It looks interesting. It isn't cheap, though. I've never used anything like it. I suppose it can speed things up significantly.
  • zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by MuratReis
    It looks interesting. It isn't cheap, though. I've never used anything like it. I suppose it can speed things up significantly.

the only problem with using somthing like this  you become so used to it  that  you find it really hard to adjust back to a keyboard especialy if your using it for a  while

the bonus is the ability to access so many button with one hand and soon it becomes  second nature like WASD   but they also take a while to  adjust  use them

at the moment  with one hand and  my palm always fixed in one position  i have    access every  skill  and  all F1-F4 and movement keys,jump  plus  a  next target key and a couple of  spares ive not assigned

now i know you can do something similar on keyboard with a remap but i found my hand would drift position 

i think the most important part of the whole thing is  the  palm rest as it kinda make's you always  know where each key is without looking  as your hand settles into  the correct position  as soon as you put it on the controller

i only noticed  this when i  play a game without it  and  have  to use a keyboard i am always  hitting the wrong keys because my hand has drifted in to another position