Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Race/Faction Seperation will ruin the game for me...

124»

Comments

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by sapphen
    Originally posted by Fearum

What is the point of being unlocked then? The only good reason I can see being able to go into the other factions lands would be to rape and pillage.

Personally I would want to go to other areas to explore.  I wouldn't want to attack or be attacked by other players (if I designed this game from the start then this would change).  I say let people travel to other areas and just to look around.  Many TES fans have been waiting to see full world and could care less about PvP or creating alts.

Explore what? The scenery? There is nothing stopping you with the current design from making another character to run around and explore the other lands. I plan to play in AD with my main until I get him maxed out, then run around in DC and EP just to explore and check out the stories there. I will probably only PvP for AD though.

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911

Explore what? The scenery? There is nothing stopping you with the current design from making another character to run around and explore the other lands. I plan to play in AD with my main until I get him maxed out, then run around in DC and EP just to explore and check out the stories there. I will probably only PvP for AD though.

Level restrictions would.  Lets say I do not like alts or I'm really big into faction pride, even if I created a new character to look around I wouldn't be able to browse higher level areas.

Level restrictions would.  Lets say I do not like alts or I'm really big into faction pride, even if I created a new character to look around I wouldn't be able to browse higher level areas.

Why not? You just do the main storyline and you see the world. If all you want to do in a mmo game is look at scenery I don't think this game is for you.

Why not? You just do the main storyline and you see the world. If all you want to do in a mmo game is look at scenery I don't think this game is for you.

That's not your call.  This game is for Elder Scroll fans as well as MMO players.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    I hate the dominion... but im a Bosmer, i feel like im betraying my beliefs to play my race.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

That's not your call.  This game is for Elder Scroll fans as well as MMO players.

Its not your call either. Its up to them to design their game to whatever they feel is best for the game.

Its not your call either. Its up to them to design their game to whatever they feel is best for the game.

I did not make a call and yes it is up to the developers.  I'm only stating my opinion like you are, that is our right to do so.  This is getting childish.   I'll let you have the last word if you want it, I'm done.

• PranksterPrankster Member UncommonPosts: 163

I for one welcome the approach. i think there are plenty of arac games out there for those who just cant find a suitable character choice.

Refugee from UO,EQ,AC,AC2,AO,DAOC,L2,SB,HZ,CoH,PT,EQ2,WoW,VG,SWG,EVE,WAR,DF,MO,AI,GA,LOTRO, SWTOR... Gw2 on Deck

I did not make a call and yes it is up to the developers.  I'm only stating my opinion like you are, that is our right to do so.  This is getting childish.   I'll let you have the last word if you want it, I'm done.

I'am sure they had this debate internally before they set off on actually making it, so we will see how it plays out. The game will be coming out this year and all I hope for is that it will be fun, entertaining and to have good longevity, something that alot of mmo's seem to forget about these days. I think with the way they are going it will add to the longevity, I understand you have a different opinion than this and I too am sick of this topic and am done as well. Good night to you.

Originally posted by Prankster

I for one welcome the approach. i think there are plenty of arac games out there for those who just cant find a suitable character choice.

Eh, I would welcome the approach in other games.  It just doesn't feel right for an Elder Scrolls game.  There are just as many race locked faction games as open race games.

Nonetheless I like your attitude.  I've just been waiting for an Elder Scrolls so long and it feels like they are making a generic MMO.