Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2: The most influential mmorpg of 2012

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Leucent
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Originally posted by botrytis

If it is so bad, as you say, why are so many people playing the game?

It s called an opinion, not hard to understand. If it s such a good game, why are you 4-5 fanbois defending it so much, it shouldn t be needed?

Someone needs to take a break out of the game to fight the lies. We'll let the rest keep on playing.

Lol, it s not lies when it s an opinion.

If you intend to state it as opinion you shouldn't state it as an absolute. Saying "It's the worst game ever" come across like you're trying to state that as fact. If you'd simply said "In my opinion it's probably the worst MMO I've ever played" you'd have found people, like myself, doing no more than agreeing that we disagree on that. 

Oderint, dum metuant.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

It s called an opinion, not hard to understand. If it s such a good game, why are you 4-5 fanbois defending it so much, it shouldn t be needed?

Someone needs to take a break out of the game to fight the lies. We'll let the rest keep on playing.

If you intend to state it as opinion you shouldn't state it as an absolute. Saying "It's the worst game ever" come across like you're trying to state that as fact. If you'd simply said "In my opinion it's probably the worst MMO I've ever played" you'd have found people, like myself, doing no more than agreeing that we disagree on that. 

It's a forum, do you call people liars when they say its the best game ever, it's all opinions.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by RefMinor

It's a forum, do you call people liars when they say its the best game ever, it's all opinions.

I guess that means we get to lie out our ass when it suits us if we can hide behind the shield of opinion, amiright?

And I'm pretty sure any GW2 fanboy gets called a liar anytime they claim GW2 is the best game evar.

This game has FPS style twitch combat = Lie ( or incorrect information)

This game is the shittiest useless piece of crap in the history of the world ever = Opinion

this game is the most influential game in 2012 = Opinion

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Ok, hows this, it s a fact that it s my opinion, it s the worst game in years? Now go play.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    Dont know about influential part, but it was the most disappointing MMORPG of 2012, thats for sure
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    It's also a fact that you are compelled to comment on GW2. Just like so many other people and its not because its a meaningless game but because you were influenced by it in some way.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled
    It's also a fact that you are compelled to comment on GW2. Just like so many other people and its not because its a meaningless game but because you were influenced by it in some way.

Wow, you re so right. Actually, I just give my opinions. Don t care either way, if this game is good or not, or if I m influenced by it or not.

Wow, you re so right. Actually, I just give my opinions. Don t care either way, if this game is good or not, or if I m influenced by it or not.

I think it's perfectly fine that you share your opinions. I'm in no way trying to imply that you shouldn't.

The point that I tried to make in the original post, is that it is influential because people talk about it, and have talked about it more than any other game in 2012.  THAT is popularity and/or noteriety. That is influence, and that is the reason for the thread. Add the amount of awards and acclaim that GW2 has received and it's definately ruling the roost for 2012.

The thing that I have a hard time understanding, is why people continue to post negative comments about a game that they also claim, is nothing to them.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

I think it's perfectly fine that you share your opinions. I'm in no way trying to imply that you shouldn't.

The point that I tried to make in the original post, is that it is influential because people talk about it, and have talked about it more than any other game in 2012.  THAT is popularity and/or noteriety. That is influence, and that is the reason for the thread. Add the amount of awards and acclaim that GW2 has received and it's definately ruling the roost for 2012.

The thing that I have a hard time understanding, is why people continue to post negative comments about a game that they also claim, is nothing to them.

Probably the same reason you make a million threads, just to get people chatting about the oh so influential game.

The thing that I have a hard time understanding, is why people continue to post negative comments about a game that they also claim, is nothing to them.

Probably the same reason you make a million threads, just to get people chatting about the oh so influential game.

well if I made a million threads you might have a point, except that I bet that I haven't made 20 GW2 threads since launch. Go ahead and look so you can prove me right.

And hey, thanks for your input in the thread.  

well if I made a million threads you might have a point, except that I bet that I haven't made 20 GW2 threads since launch. Go ahead and look so you can prove me right.

Recently you ve been relentless. You seem to be trying to stir up chat. Good and bad.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

There should be no doubt that GW2 was the most influential mmorpg of 2012. Many people were talking about how the game is evolutionary, and a welcome breath of fresh air to the genre. It's won multiple awards like IGN's Best PC Game, IGN's Best PC MMO game, IGN's Best PC Graphics, Massively's Best MMO of 2012, MMORPG.com Most Innovative, Gamespots PC game of the year, Time' s #1 game of the year, and more recently PCGamer's MMO of the Year! There is no denying that GW2 has grabbed a lot of attention, and the loyal fanbase is growing each and every day!

GW2 is the most talked about game on this site still, even after almost 5 months since release. It's the most talked about game this week, and the most talked about game this month. GW2 has more than 3 times as many hits as the next closest game over the last 6 months, and more than 3 times as many hits as the next closest game over the last year.

[mod edit] [My edit to maintain paragraph integrity - Some people post negatively about GW2 yet,] I want to thank them too. They really prove how influential the game is. People don't write and talk about meaningless things of little importance. People write and talk  about things that affect them or concern them. Each and every thread, each and every reply is another hit on the popularity scale for GW2.

Each post is a testiment to the influence that GW2 has within the genre, even if it is a hate post. This game IS the game worth talking about, and when developers are looking for what games to follow into the future, the most talked about game is a good choice.  I look forward to a brilliant future for mmorpg's, with GW2 lighting the way.

EDIT: And if you feel like arguing with me, and telling me I'm wrong, or if you feel like telling me how much you like the game. Keep on speaking. Keep on saying how you feel and lets keep GW2 leading the way through 2013!!!

Influential?  I don't see it. Might take a few years to see if it changes the industry.

Why do poeple need to elevate games up to some legendary level?  What do you get out of this?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Recently you ve been relentless. You seem to be trying to stir up chat. Good and bad.

relentless?! 2 threads is relentless?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

TWO THREADS? you must be outcha mind! we all know its a one thread a month limit for GW2 fans here.. unless its negative of course then you can make as many as you wish:) damn shame too would love to discuss guild wars 2 in its own forums.. but just garsh..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

TWO THREADS? you must be outcha mind! we all know its a one thread a month limit for GW2 fans here.. unless its negative of course then you can make as many as you wish:) damn shame too would love to discuss guild wars 2 in its own forums.. but just garsh..

I just about forgot, it is actually 3 threads because I made one mid-month bringing up an idea I had to help improve the lower population problem implied by some players.  Maybe I am relentless. 

Not too long ago I had two people using quotes from me in their signature. I was hoping to become the most quotable member. Do they give awards for that?

I just about forgot, it is actually 3 threads because I made one mid-month bringing up an idea I had to help improve the lower population problem implied by some players.  Maybe I am relentless.  Not too long ago I had two people using quotes from me in their signature. I was hoping to become the most quotable member. Do they give awards for that?

you might get a spiffy title for it:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

I just about forgot, it is actually 3 threads because I made one mid-month bringing up an idea I had to help improve the lower population problem implied by some players.  Maybe I am relentless.  Not too long ago I had two people using quotes from me in their signature. I was hoping to become the most quotable member. Do they give awards for that?

you might get a spiffy title for it:P

A spiffy title! Boy would some people be up in arms about THAT!  lol

It s actually the nature of them more then the amount. My bad. Most influential etc, You re clearly trying to stir shit up, as opposed  to just discussing the game.

It s actually the nature of them more then the amount. My bad. Most influential etc, You re clearly trying to stir shit up, as opposed  to just discussing the game.

Are you sure that the problem isn't just that you don't like GW2?  I mean seriously, is there another game from 2012 that would deserve that prop? Is it such a terrible thing that I give a game I like the props I feel it deserves?

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    2012: TERA > TSW > GW2.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Originally posted by Alber_gamer
    2012: TERA > TSW > GW2.

got your signs all backwards my friend GW2>TSW>TERA... ahh all better now

Are you sure that the problem isn't just that you don't like GW2?  I mean seriously, is there another game from 2012 that would deserve that prop? Is it such a terrible thing that I give a game I like the props I feel it deserves?

I think you are really trying to stir shit up, over actually talking about a game you like. It s obvious.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

There should be no doubt that GW2 was the most influential mmorpg of 2012. Many people were talking about how the game is evolutionary, and a welcome breath of fresh air to the genre. It's won multiple awards like IGN's Best PC Game, IGN's Best PC MMO game, IGN's Best PC Graphics, Massively's Best MMO of 2012, MMORPG.com Most Innovative, Gamespots PC game of the year, Time' s #1 game of the year, and more recently PCGamer's MMO of the Year! There is no denying that GW2 has grabbed a lot of attention, and the loyal fanbase is growing each and every day!

GW2 is the most talked about game on this site still, even after almost 5 months since release. It's the most talked about game this week, and the most talked about game this month. GW2 has more than 3 times as many hits as the next closest game over the last 6 months, and more than 3 times as many hits as the next closest game over the last year.

[mod edit] [My edit to maintain paragraph integrity - Some people post negatively about GW2 yet,] I want to thank them too. They really prove how influential the game is. People don't write and talk about meaningless things of little importance. People write and talk  about things that affect them or concern them. Each and every thread, each and every reply is another hit on the popularity scale for GW2.

Each post is a testiment to the influence that GW2 has within the genre, even if it is a hate post. This game IS the game worth talking about, and when developers are looking for what games to follow into the future, the most talked about game is a good choice.  I look forward to a brilliant future for mmorpg's, with GW2 lighting the way.

EDIT: And if you feel like arguing with me, and telling me I'm wrong, or if you feel like telling me how much you like the game. Keep on speaking. Keep on saying how you feel and lets keep GW2 leading the way through 2013!!!

I think you are using influential wrong. What has Guild Wars 2 influenced?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

I think you are really trying to stir shit up, over actually talking about a game you like. It s obvious.

I think what's obvious, is that it bothers you that someone would feel that way about GW2. Remember, I'm not the one posting in a thread about a game I don't like.

Originally posted by Slampig

I think you are using influential wrong. What has Guild Wars 2 influenced?

This thread!  LOL

We've went over this already. We're not going to instantly see all changes that end up being brought about by GW2's lead. Remember, it takes years to develop content, so we won't witness all the effects until later on.  That does not mean the effects aren't there though.  GW2 made gameplay substantially different in aspects, and those changes have generally been well received. It won a bunch of awards to prove this, the forum banter around this game has surpassed everything else.