Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OMG.. FIRST! Everquest Next =P

senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

Cant believe nobody has been posting EqNext goodness here!

I can say this for the first time ever!!

F I R S T !

This game cant come out soon enough! Need infos!

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    BCBully was here
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Nice, when were these forums made? First I've noticed 'em.
  • Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Probably nobody posting because we dont have any substantial info to post about?

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I saw the subforum.  I am interested in EQ Next.

I didn't post any sort of "FIRST" because I've seen that in so many forums, especially when a dev posts a thread as to have it become obnoxious to me.  It often speaks volumes about a community.

In any event, anyone feel like posting a thread with actual usable information such as links to interviews and such?

• MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149
    Funny thing is that I was just browsing the internet looking for any new info on EQ Next or EQ3 (or whatever it may be called), Then I came here to MMORPG.com and saw this thread right on the homepage! Pretty weird how that happened!
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by MidniteHowl
    Funny thing is that I was just browsing the internet looking for any new info on EQ Next or EQ3 (or whatever it may be called), Then I came here to MMORPG.com and saw this thread right on the homepage! Pretty weird how that happened!

That's a funny coincidence, however you still have no new info :)

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Originally posted by senadin
    Cant believe nobody has been posting EqNext goodness here!I can say this for the first time ever!!F I R S T !
    This game cant come out soon enough! Need infos!

Congrats your name will now live in infamy !!!!

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

I saw the subforum.  I am interested in EQ Next.

I didn't post any sort of "FIRST" because I've seen that in so many forums, especially when a dev posts a thread as to have it become obnoxious to me.  It often speaks volumes about a community.

In any event, anyone feel like posting a thread with actual usable information such as links to interviews and such?

haaater

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

There really isnt anything new tho.

Last i read, and if you Google eq next you'll find it, is that Smedley showed the game to the SOE staff and everyone loved it.

It may not be news but they said they will have it playable at next Fan faire this fall. My take/guess is that we're looking at 2015 release.

• BlackcatZeroBlackcatZero Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I'll go with a late 2014 Release for EQ Next . plus Eq2 will be 10 years old then..
  • ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Players will have to wait a bit longer to try it themselves, but maybe not as long as you'd expect. "Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta," says Smedley.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

SOE Live is the first week in August

we'll see some version of a playable demo in 6 months

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Nadia

SOE Live is the first week in August

we'll see some version of a playable demo in 6 months

o goodie cant wait XD i thought it would of been closer to the end of the year :)

• BentwickBentwick Member Posts: 10
    Smedly said somewhere that there will be a playable game before the end of the year, and he did not mean beta, but take that for what that means. If EQnext is not an open world gritty mmo I will not be palying it, there are to many fluffy bunny type mmos out now we do not need another.
  • MdpatsMdpats Member UncommonPosts: 176

xoxo

Been interested in this for some time now.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    There is no info about EQnext so thats why no one is really saying much about it..
  • sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    There is no info about EQnext so thats why no one is really saying much about it..

Aye just little bits a pieces so far, would be nice though if somone was to compile all those little bits a peices so far onto one topic. :)

Starting from the last page of the 10 year anniversary book where it was first mention till the latest post that was linked up a little.

Originally posted by sanshi44
    Originally posted by Caldrin

would be nice though if somone was to compile all those little bits a peices so far onto one topic. :)

I created a single topic for EQNext awhile ago and have added new info as I hear it

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/345707/Everquest-Next-sandbox-mmo.html

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Awesome sauce, glad they finally made a forum.  Now all the GW2 fanbois, biodrones, SOE haters (people who never played SWG but read about the NGE) and various other morons can all descend upon every thread we start to hate on some major aspect of the game.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Can't wait for Eq Next, EQ2 is burnt out, no fun when everyone has max lvl of every class
  • Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    Looking forward to this if for no other reason than it sounds like a break from all of the retread MMOs being released these days.

the cliffnotes of what we know about EQ3

- claimed to be worlds largest sandbox (whatever that means)

- will use the same game engine as Planetside 2

- likely free to play

- possibly cross platform

- will be a playable demo at next SOE fanfaire August 2013

past commentary about sandbox play

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/10/13/planetside-2-eq-next-and-soes-player-driven-future/

RPS: SOE’s Player Studio seems like an extension of that to me. Let players make their own new content. How far do you hope to expand that, though? Right now it’s just objects in games like EverQuest and eventually PlanetSide. Would you ever like to see players creating their own missions and gametypes, though?

John Smedley: Stay tuned. The answer is yes, wholeheartedly. We have plans for that that go out a long way, and a game that is going to dominate because of that kind of stuff.

It’s not just players making quests. Don’t think of it just as Dungeons & Dragons. What we’re actually building is the ability for players to put in systems. System-level stuff. We give them some rules, some basic simple rules, and they can make things out of whole cloth. They could build their own battlegrounds style of gameplay. That’s what we want. What we have is an amazing infrastructure and ability to let players do new and emerging things.

We want them to… Not make their own fun. We’re going to make our games amazingly fun. We want them to be able to make things we didn’t think of fun. That’s really what it is. I mentioned Hulkageddon, I love that in EVE. That’s just players putting bounties on something. It’s nothing. That’s all it is. But that’s as fun as anything in EVE. More fun if you ask me. It’s amazingly fun.

ZAM interview

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=30916

You’ll be able to destroy, massive, massive parts of this world, almost all of it. You can light the forest on fire; we have ambition with this thing. We want it to be something where the world you log into, might not be the world you log into in five days.

What you saw in WoW’s Cataclysm could take place because someone cast a spell that is powerful enough to do something major. We want it to be meaningful. And that’s what we’re building. It’s actually what we’ve built, because we’ve got this now. It just isn’t quite at the level where we’re OK [to reveal it to the public]. We have a story that we want to tell for the announcement of it, we want it that you’re seeing every aspect of the gameplay, we’re one aspect short of that until we’re ready to show, so we’re close now.”

• negacrowbarnegacrowbar Member Posts: 149
    Just posting to be posting...I cant wait, not because I am an Everquest fan, but because I aint got anything to play!
  • BlinkennBlinkenn Member UncommonPosts: 166

neeed moar news....

lets say some form of open beta starts just after soe live in August, then couple months before release would be an ok assumption, so then we're looking at a fall/holiday release most likely.

wonder if we'll hear anything from pax east or gdc in march..

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Originally posted by Vunak23
    Probably nobody posting because we dont have any substantial info to post about?

Im posting cause I want that cookie in Cookie Monster''s hand...