Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a new MMO (or online game) with a strong presence of PvP.

Comments

• panchanpanchan Member Posts: 18
    I liked the PVP league on Atlantica online. However if you're aiming on a solo person to person battle, WOW or Cabal Online might suit your taste?
  • lennpelllennpell Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by boxsnd
    Originally posted by ArzhAngel

Its not a new mmo but its the best pvp/ rvr game on the marked. DAOC and its for free.

http://uthgard.net/ (Classic version)

I love daoc but  uthgard isn't as fun as it seems. Doing BGs at 49 is very fun when there people but usually it's empty / one sided. at 50 in emain you will have to choose between taking on rr10+ veteran groups as a rr4-5 (impossible) or grinding guard tasks for rps until you reach rr7+ so you can take on those rr10 groups (boring as hell). I blame the players who are stuck up and don't allow zerging for low RRs. 

This is why I am kind of pushed away from attempting games like this, I absolutely loved warhammer online to no end, but the lack of population and the population that is there being so hardcore that it doesn't allow fresh meat to rise up kind of murders it for me because spending 2-3 months of dying and getting that little bit to be not even close to viable isn't quite worth it for me yet, not that desperate. Thanks for the responses guys!

"play LoL with me :3

the rank system will be new so we could probably go pro! hahah

on a lighter note, you are most welcome to come join me in cabal. i just started playing and would like to play more with people :3

i have tera, tsw, gw2 and mists of pandaria but its good to kick back and relax with cabal i dont know why heh xD"

(failed to quote rofl)

Heh yeah, I don't think LoL pro is in my future, I'm good but no where near that good. As for cabal I've played it and didn't really know what to think of it, it was really confusing for me.

Originally posted by panchan
    I liked the PVP league on Atlantica online. However if you're aiming on a solo person to person battle, WOW or Cabal Online might suit your taste?

YES! I love games like atlantica and I liked the pvp, even the pve was fun for me I managed to bank over 100m and get to level 60 on that game before I realized it was pay to win, and from then on the game lost its luster, as for WoW its really starting to die for me, the pvp is just a CC/heal fest, no real fighting goes on outside of duels. As for cabal I really think I might have to take another look.

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Just wait for ArcheAge and Elder Scrolls Online.

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• jarbyjarby Member Posts: 77
    Try age of wushu. Free world pvp without limitation  there and the game  itself is addictive
    Originally posted by Ghostshadows
    Just wait for ArcheAge and Elder Scrolls Online.

ESO has the potential to be amazing if they do it right, anxious to see how that turns out

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70

I too am mainly into pvp mmos, played Aion for 3 yrs ,Warhammer Etc but just buying time n playing dota2 atm waiting for eso n aa.

I have played AA Korea for a bit n the pvp is one of the funnest Ive had.

ESO will hopefully be like a daoc2 it will have the potential to be amazing!

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

ok for pvp games who come to my mind gonna reapeat some people already mention so I don't miss much :p

Aion (played for 2 years)

GW2(playing it now more for W3)

Tera

Darkeden (3d old school still from time to time I go back)

EVE (its si-fy but you asked for pvp so I will stay on it :) )

I guess I could mention arche age but it will take a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time to release here

oh also looks like they will try to re-release RFonline mix of si-fy with fantasy, when it was P2P I liked and the pvp was pretty intense after it hit f2p..... well let's say it a fine example of what devs shouldn't do....

C9 is more for pve then pvp even it have some, its more action

also you could check but I really don't recommend

darkfall and mortal online.

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • C.L.O.U.DC.L.O.U.D Member UncommonPosts: 365
    Originally posted by lennpell

The fact of the matter is, I've been a gamer for near 13 years now and I think its fair to say of those 13 years i've almost invested 2 years of actual time gaming. No, I'm not a fat nerd, and yes I do have a life, I just spend any and all spare free time gaming. Today though I have come to ask for your help, where should I look next?

I have a deep interest in PvP oriented games, I've played so many of them, I almost went pro in halo 3, to call of duty, to WoW, to rakion, to flyff, to savage 2, to darkfall, to League of legends, to DotA 2, to Starcraft 2 (just to name a small few). Recently I have fallen into a problem though. I have no idea where to go next.

I get to a point in games like world of warcraft where the amount of button mashing and CC kind of overrides the fun for me. On the same account games like starcraft where it is all macro and micro is too stressful and not entirely fun. The only real games I find myself falling back to often are league of legends and call of duty, but I really just want something to dedicate myself to, not a reset after every game.

I'm really into strategy but I really like fast paced gameplay at the same time. Are there any games you guys could recommend that would satiate my hunger for PvP but at the same time have good gameplay, and not be for lack of a better word, phased like LoL? I'm looking for more fantasy oriented, so shooters and sci-fi aren't what im looking for. If anyone could help me with this I would be ever so grateful.

Quick summary of traits: Immersive, doesnt need amazing graphics, does need amazing gameplay, needs a relatively strong player base (relative), needs PvP, needs to be fantasy, or at least not sci-fi/shooter.

Thank you ever so much if you could help me or at least try to!

Tl;dr: Help me find a good immersive PvP game, no shooters or sci-fi, view traits list ^ Thanks.

Also it doesn't necessarily have to be an mmo, it could be an online game where you simply pick up a character and jump into the fray, I've had a few smash hits for myself like that such as Arcanists by Jagex

Man, i'm so in the same boat as you. I haven't found a good mmo with pvp in it since I left WoW. TBC was so much fun to pvp with arena still being fresh and fighting off people in Halaa. Hell I still remember the first time i queued for an arena match on the PTR before it was even release to live servers, but I guess there is no point on dwelling on the past. Only game that I have found to keep my interest over the past couple years is Heroes of Newerth, but I doubt you want to play that. I'm really looking for an actual MMO with good pvp. So let me know if you find anything good hah, i'll hope on it and try it with you, it's always more fun when you have someone to socialize and learn with. GL

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I have played a little of the F2P of World War II online the last few days (it is sub if you want all the equip options) it's a slower phased more tactical FPS, more of a WWII simulator really. Graphics are old but I have never cared about that as a priority. For progression it runs campaigns, ie months of battles over a huge map of Europe with Axis and Allies advancing and retreating as towns fall or are retaken.

its 10 years old with a small team so it will remain as it is now pretty much I think, warts and all.

its an unlimited F2P trial so I am going to run with it for a while to see if it keeps my attention.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Eve or planetside 2 at the moment

Gw2 is ok

Everything else with a healthy population is a raid grinder with sub standard tacked on pvp.
  • DeddpoolDeddpool Member UncommonPosts: 197

Defiance or Firefall

I'm having a blast in Firefall, a lot of mmo elements like crafting and such, but awesome pvp and a shooter at heart.  Really nice look as well, away from the orcs and elves and such.

Cant say anything about Defiance (NDA) but worth looking into.

Wildstar may also be worth keeping an eye on, they are taking beta apps.

Originally posted by alkarionlog

ok for pvp games who come to my mind gonna reapeat some people already mention so I don't miss much :p

Aion (played for 2 years)

GW2(playing it now more for W3)

Tera

Darkeden (3d old school still from time to time I go back)

EVE (its si-fy but you asked for pvp so I will stay on it :) )

I guess I could mention arche age but it will take a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time to release here

oh also looks like they will try to re-release RFonline mix of si-fy with fantasy, when it was P2P I liked and the pvp was pretty intense after it hit f2p..... well let's say it a fine example of what devs shouldn't do....

C9 is more for pve then pvp even it have some, its more action

also you could check but I really don't recommend

darkfall and mortal online.

I very much appreciate the response mate all of those sound like lovely games and honestly, if Aion had the audience here as it does in korea/japan I'd play the shit out of it and I wouldn't be here, but it doesn't not even close actually. As for the rest I'm kind of meh on all of those, The only one I am looking into is darkfall because I enjoyed the original just waiting to see how the sequel turns out.

Originally posted by C.L.O.U.D
    Originally posted by lennpell

The fact of the matter is, I've been a gamer for near 13 years now and I think its fair to say of those 13 years i've almost invested 2 years of actual time gaming. No, I'm not a fat nerd, and yes I do have a life, I just spend any and all spare free time gaming. Today though I have come to ask for your help, where should I look next?

I have a deep interest in PvP oriented games, I've played so many of them, I almost went pro in halo 3, to call of duty, to WoW, to rakion, to flyff, to savage 2, to darkfall, to League of legends, to DotA 2, to Starcraft 2 (just to name a small few). Recently I have fallen into a problem though. I have no idea where to go next.

I get to a point in games like world of warcraft where the amount of button mashing and CC kind of overrides the fun for me. On the same account games like starcraft where it is all macro and micro is too stressful and not entirely fun. The only real games I find myself falling back to often are league of legends and call of duty, but I really just want something to dedicate myself to, not a reset after every game.

I'm really into strategy but I really like fast paced gameplay at the same time. Are there any games you guys could recommend that would satiate my hunger for PvP but at the same time have good gameplay, and not be for lack of a better word, phased like LoL? I'm looking for more fantasy oriented, so shooters and sci-fi aren't what im looking for. If anyone could help me with this I would be ever so grateful.

Quick summary of traits: Immersive, doesnt need amazing graphics, does need amazing gameplay, needs a relatively strong player base (relative), needs PvP, needs to be fantasy, or at least not sci-fi/shooter.

Thank you ever so much if you could help me or at least try to!

Tl;dr: Help me find a good immersive PvP game, no shooters or sci-fi, view traits list ^ Thanks.

Also it doesn't necessarily have to be an mmo, it could be an online game where you simply pick up a character and jump into the fray, I've had a few smash hits for myself like that such as Arcanists by Jagex

Man, i'm so in the same boat as you. I haven't found a good mmo with pvp in it since I left WoW. TBC was so much fun to pvp with arena still being fresh and fighting off people in Halaa. Hell I still remember the first time i queued for an arena match on the PTR before it was even release to live servers, but I guess there is no point on dwelling on the past. Only game that I have found to keep my interest over the past couple years is Heroes of Newerth, but I doubt you want to play that. I'm really looking for an actual MMO with good pvp. So let me know if you find anything good hah, i'll hope on it and try it with you, it's always more fun when you have someone to socialize and learn with. GL

Sure thing mate, if I bump into something I'll send you a message and see if you'd be into trying it as well, as for HoN I own it and have played it quite a bit, but I've settled on league being my MoBA.

Originally posted by Deddpool

Defiance or Firefall

I'm having a blast in Firefall, a lot of mmo elements like crafting and such, but awesome pvp and a shooter at heart.  Really nice look as well, away from the orcs and elves and such.

Cant say anything about Defiance (NDA) but worth looking into.

Wildstar may also be worth keeping an eye on, they are taking beta apps.

I've heard of firefall a lot actually, but have never quite taken a look at it, will do so shortly, as for defiance I'll wait until its further down the line.

• Insane666Insane666 Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by jpnole

Look no further than Path of Exile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE

Open Beta launch this Wed Jan 23 (Effective launch since it's final character wipe)

Will have full PvP as well

sadly no ETA on cut-throat league (full loot pvp league), so no pvp till its actually implemented,,, ive intentionally ignored the pvp instance thats in game already, just becouse i never actually got any invite to it, event tho i stayed queued up for days, literally,,, 

with that said its an amazing game, really worth trying out, just wish they'd hurry up with cut-throat

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!

I recently downloaded DAoC because everyone says it's pvp was the greatest of any mmo, and still many sites say it is if you are looking for some good pvp action.

Still need to give it a try.

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Have you tried Mortal Online? It's free now until lvl 60. I am in DFUW Beta, and some things I like, but I feel like it is DF NGE.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I wsh Warhamer would go F2P or B2P. Not going to sub...
  • apcyberapcyber Member UncommonPosts: 12

www.neocron.com

only pvp if you want, no instances, no allies of you dont want some. 

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

With your FPS/MOBA background, I would say that Tera would be good for you.   Twitch movement and accuracy is crucial for success in Tera pvp.

Other than that, Darkfall: UW.  I know a handful of very serious PvP guilds that are going to have a presence there at launch.

Originally posted by Psychow
    I wsh Warhamer would go F2P or B2P. Not going to sub...

Sub is still the best still imo, you pay once flat rate and you get everything the game has to offer. No buy to win stores or stupid crap teir accounts where one person gets more than others. 

• PhayzPhayz Member UncommonPosts: 67

Have you tried SMITE? I think you'd really enjoy that, if you haven't played it already. While it's not an MMO...it is, imo, one of the best pvp-rpg games around.

Or you could always try Super Monday Night Combat (F2P).

Originally posted by C.L.O.U.D

I recently downloaded DAoC because everyone says it's pvp was the greatest of any mmo, and still many sites say it is if you are looking for some good pvp action.

Still need to give it a try.

Let me know how it is bro. I might join you if it lives fully up to the hype, make sure to keep tabs on the playerbase as well, I wouldn't want to just 2 man it until we get to top tier.