Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a fresh start

ElcoldElcold Member Posts: 39

I am looking for a new MMORPG to play, I've played most of the big ones (Most recently SWTOR and GW2) and was looking for something new. From my brief search I found Aion, TERA, and Rift, just to give a sense of the kind of games that I prefer. Does anyone particularly recommend (or not recommend) one of those three? If you know of any other similar games that would be good as well. I don't mind P2P games, but a similar experience that is F2P would be an advantage. Also a decent end game either PvP or PvE would be a big plus.

Comments

• ionxeelionxeel Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Give Tera a try. I just got it recently, and I'm really enjoying myself. It's going F2P in Feb, but if you buy it now for 20 bucks, you get some really good perks for when it does. Aion has a really good F2P model, but still I would recommend Tera over it, as I'm enjoying it way more. Rift is basically a copy/paste of WoW, and I'd still rather play WoW over it, especially that it has a sub. Good luck.
  • Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

If anything Tera is probably the most fun, great combat, boring quests, go on the RP server tho uneless you love PVP

TSW is also a pretty good game, the dungeons are a lot of fun and well done.  Questing is a better then most MMO's , the PVP and a few other things needs work.

I might also say, you maybe want to give Path of Exile a try, I am having a great time, open beta starts in about 2 days , and there is no wipe after the open beta, so its really the release.

Its not a true MMO persay, but its what a lot of people are saying Diable 3 should have been.

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398

atm there is no real good mmo... give a try to Tera, i'm on it it's good, best gameplay ever but still those boring quest .. there is also Darkfall it's pretty good but requier an sub ..

Don't try TSW waste of money ..

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154

i actually find tera loads of fun :3

but i havent played much since last year heh xD

i tried to break away from it all (i have gw2, mists of pandaria, tsw etc) and go back to oldies :3

mebbe you wanna play wif me? im playing cabal nowadays in mercury server

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Looks like you've got most of the bigger games on your list already.

Aion is one I like, GF plays it often.  TERA looks pretty sweet.

Other that might be worth a look, depending on your taste for gameplay:

LOTRO - Questy, PVE, nice scenics.

Fallen Earth - Not one I ever understood as far as gameplay, sort of sandboxy in some ways, decent combat, post-apocolyptic setting.

Star Trek Online - Sci-Fi themed from TV / Movies.  Mentioned mostly because it's out of the ordinary.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.