Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Need help with transfering game from

funconfuncon Key West, FLPosts: 258Member

Need help with transfering game from one hard drive to the other.

So, I have two hard drives in my pc. One is just for back up or extra space to store things on, the main one has my os and other files etc on. I have about 4 mmo's downloaded on my pc. The thing is, I upgraded to win 8 a few months ago and I didnt like it, so today I reinstalled win 7. I deleted the partition on the main dirve, so everything is clean. And so, after updating the os, installing drivers etc, I went to drag the game files from my back up drive to my main drive. Then, when I go to launch the launcher for the games, they don't launch.

I get error for Darkfall telling me game is not installed. For SWTOR, I press play but nothing happens. Anyone know what I did wrong? It would suck to have to redownload all these games.

Comments

• VrikaVrika FinlandPosts: 2,578Member Uncommon

Games usually need to be installed in order to work. You could try the following:

1. Download the game's installer

2. Install to same directory your game was installed on when you had Win 8

3. Don't let the game patch. Instead make a backup of it

4. Now try dragging the original backup (the one you made when you had Win 8) to the location where the installed non-patched game is. Overwrite the files when asked for confirmation

5. Try running the game

If that doesn't work you'll likely need to just redownload the whole game. You could also try looking for instructions for each game separately, as it varies from game to game.

If you have WoW or Diablo 3 they would work using the method you described in your post.

• funconfuncon Key West, FLPosts: 258Member
    Originally posted by Vrika

Games usually need to be installed in order to work. You could try the following:

1. Download the game's installer

2. Install to same directory your game was installed on when you had Win 8

3. Don't let the game patch. Instead make a backup of it

4. Now try dragging the original backup (the one you made when you had Win 8) to the location where the installed non-patched game is. Overwrite the files when asked for confirmation

5. Try running the game

If that doesn't work you'll likely need to just redownload the whole game. You could also try looking for instructions for each game separately, as it varies from game to game.

If you have WoW or Diablo 3 they would work using the method you described in your post.

Yup, WoW and LOTRO works but SWTOR and DarkFall aint working. I will try your method.

• funconfuncon Key West, FLPosts: 258Member
    Thanks, Vrika, downloading the clients fixed my problem.