Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best economy and crafting in any MMO ive played

13»

Comments

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Spiider
    So age of wushu crafting is better than Wurm, Salem, Xsyon and Istaria crafting? Any player build housing of terraforming?

So has anyone who is playing wushu played any of the games above?

From the way some of them hype this game, I really don't think they've played many MMOs outside of the WOW-style ones. They are mystified - mind-boggled, even - by even the slightest deviation from the Blizzard Standard.

Is it still hype when people are talking about their experience while playing? Isn't hype more like the run up to swtor,  gw2, & teso, fueled by multi million dollar add campaigns? When people say glowing things before they even play the beta? When you say hype this is what I think of. 

I do agree with you that Wushu has deviated from the "Blizzard Standard" though image

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of great posts about the game that are clearly enthusiasm for a great game. However, the OP just seems so completely overboard, no?

Actually if you read his post it is not over the top at all.

There is so much to do in Age of Wushu that it is mind boggling!

However 80% of the game i have still yet to experience because im so addicted to the economy of this game. The crafting/econmy combo is sooo well done. ive probably put 100+ hours into silk farming and i obsessively ensure that my market stall is up and running at all hours possible.  i even found myself logging on at 4am after getting up for a pee just so i could reset my market stall (they stop after 4 hours offline)

The crafting also is unique and complex compared to your standard MMO with mini games that initially sounded a bit cheesy but i now find them very enjoyable.

If becoming a virtual millionaire is your thing i heartily reccomend you take a look

It is all of two paragraphs of information saying that he likes the farming and stalling and that the crafting is better than you standard MMO right now. And if you take a look at the standard MMO's out right now, or released in the last few years he is probably right.

Most younger players never even knew of UO and even SWG was done in a time when MMO was not yet mainstream, and it didn't do that well even when it was out. So if you are an average person what is the "Standard" mmo? WoW certainly, SWtor, maybe Lotro or Rifts...the newer ones like TSW and GW2.

Your average 20 year old gamer was what? 9 when Ultima came out? Just born when Mud's were popular, even everquest would be pushing it.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

SWG

Horizons

Eve

Vanguard

Original EQ

All of these happened before WOW, and I think that may have been when you started playing MMOs.  Not that it is your fault, but the games were MUCH better back then....not from a technical standpoint, but from a gameplay/community standpoint.

you make a lot of assumptions about me. im not a young gamer as you seem to assume. My post is not saying that AoW has the best crafting/economy ever! im not qualified to say that as i havent experienced all MMO's. all im saying is that in all the MMO' that I have played it is the best.

ppl who are saying that i am wrong either havent read my post properly or are so arrogant that they seem to know my mind better than i do ! :)

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• django-djangodjango-django Member Posts: 115

I agree with the OP, it has one of the best economy and crafting systems that I've played too. It is definitely up there with the likes of EVE, can't say much about SWG as I never played it though. 

There seems to be a few people commenting on certain aspects of this game without fully understanding it though. Of course you need better recipes to make better equipment, but I have a friend who is simply one level above me in blacksmithing and uses the same recipe as me and makes daggers quite higher then the level I can make them at. 

I prefer not having to farm dungeons and raids for gear anymore, rather farm them for recipes to either sell or learn the recipe to make more money if it is your profession.

This is quite a niche MMO though, and will not be for everyone, especially for those expecting a simple experience. If you know what to expect, then have fun! I know I am.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    So age of wushu crafting is better than Wurm, Salem, Xsyon and Istaria crafting? Any player build housing of terraforming?

I've played Xsyon and Salem.

Both are basically big empty worlds with nothing to do except grind mats to grind recipes to build useless stuff that needs more useless stuff. Both are developed by small, unprofessional indie teams and both have an extremely slow development cycle.

While that may appeal to some, I prefer an actual game wherein the crafting and economy takes place. Also, I prefer my games to be working and feauture-rich. While AoW's crafting may not be teh bestest evah, it's working just fine and it fills a place in the game world since it ties in to the game's other features.

• Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    All I know is I've had a heck of a lot of fun since I began playing this game. I just wish I had more friends in Age of  Wushu.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Sal1
    All I know is I've had a heck of a lot of fun since I began playing this game. I just wish I had more friends in Age of  Wushu.

PM me. I'll give you my name. I wont post it, all I need is another 30 constables hunting me :)

I know a few good guilds and a bunch of great people. Let's get it crackin!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by GrayKodiak
    Originally posted by bcbully

From the way some of them hype this game, I really don't think they've played many MMOs outside of the WOW-style ones. They are mystified - mind-boggled, even - by even the slightest deviation from the Blizzard Standard.

Is it still hype when people are talking about their experience while playing? Isn't hype more like the run up to swtor,  gw2, & teso, fueled by multi million dollar add campaigns? When people say glowing things before they even play the beta? When you say hype this is what I think of. 

I do agree with you that Wushu has deviated from the "Blizzard Standard" though image

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of great posts about the game that are clearly enthusiasm for a great game. However, the OP just seems so completely overboard, no?

Actually if you read his post it is not over the top at all.

There is so much to do in Age of Wushu that it is mind boggling!

However 80% of the game i have still yet to experience because im so addicted to the economy of this game. The crafting/econmy combo is sooo well done. ive probably put 100+ hours into silk farming and i obsessively ensure that my market stall is up and running at all hours possible.  i even found myself logging on at 4am after getting up for a pee just so i could reset my market stall (they stop after 4 hours offline)

The crafting also is unique and complex compared to your standard MMO with mini games that initially sounded a bit cheesy but i now find them very enjoyable.

If becoming a virtual millionaire is your thing i heartily reccomend you take a look

It is all of two paragraphs of information saying that he likes the farming and stalling and that the crafting is better than you standard MMO right now. And if you take a look at the standard MMO's out right now, or released in the last few years he is probably right.

Most younger players never even knew of UO and even SWG was done in a time when MMO was not yet mainstream, and it didn't do that well even when it was out. So if you are an average person what is the "Standard" mmo? WoW certainly, SWtor, maybe Lotro or Rifts...the newer ones like TSW and GW2.

Your average 20 year old gamer was what? 9 when Ultima came out? Just born when Mud's were popular, even everquest would be pushing it.

Which goes back to my initial statement. We're on the same page.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre