Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well it's begun.....

Comments

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Sounds like htis forum has a ton of butt hurt people that can't stand the fact Guild Wars 2 is the best game out in the market right now and has suprassed their precious WoW.
  • tollboothtollbooth Member CommonPosts: 298
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC
    Sounds like htis forum has a ton of butt hurt people that can't stand the fact Guild Wars 2 is the best game out in the market right now and has suprassed their precious WoW.

I don't think there is a single person on this forum fitting that description.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by FARGIN_WAR

Kind of disturbing that a poster who used to fight Guild Wars 2 critics tooth and nail, now spends most of his forum time complaining the game is being led towards disaster.

Not sure OP but while I agree with you that it seems GW2 is moving away from its core principles, is such a thing really a problem. I mean that if this is what the majority of GW2 players are asking for, are we in the minority not the ones with the actual problem of refusing to adapt to change.

"Fans or haters, its all the same to me" as Lemmy once said well it went something like that, but "two sides of the same coin" is another good one.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Maybe if you knew itgrowls used to be one of the most rabid GW2 supporters you'd understand why this thread is telling. He most certainly never wanted GW2 to do poorly so your point holds no weight.

But adding the WoW part just made me laugh even harder, because most people here dislike current WoW and whether we like WoW or not, it has and will always have more players than GW2.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

First off I dislike WOW, second, GW2 sold 3 mil. How has it surpased the success of WOW?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    What was the latest posted sales numbers on MoP?

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled

I'm just looking at it like this, WOW sustained over ten mil accounts for years. Not to mention it's still going strong after almost a decade on the market.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by Distopia

First off I dislike WOW, second, GW2 sold 3 mil. How has it surpased the success of WOW?

gw2 has pretty much killed off the subscription model. I don't even play gw 2 but there is no denying it has had an impact on the genre similar to wow had back in 2004. im sure gw2 will grow even bigger this year .

• pythipythi Member UncommonPosts: 63

Best game on the market is subjective. The game is B2P they have sold 3 million copies without a required sub, what's your point? I bought this game for the very reason it's a great casual game to play for an hour or two a week. It sounds to me that you are the one who is butt hurt, WoW and GW2 both lack complexity for me to stay interested from more than a handful of hours a month. 

Last time I played the game have very few players, I'd say EQ2 has about the same ammount of players on a daily basis.

Exocide

Originally posted by eyelolled

I'm just looking at it like this, WOW sustained over ten mil accounts for years. Not to mention it's still going strong after almost a decade on the market.

yeah, I hear so many conflicting things about the ten million accounts. I'd base it's actual active playerbase on the MoP sales rather than including accounts which are essentially inactive.  I mean, who would really be considered an active WoW player and not buy the expansion. 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by pythi

Best game on the market is subjective. The game is B2P they have sold 3 million copies without a required sub, what's your point? I bought this game for the very reason it's a great casual game to play for an hour or two a week. It sounds to me that you are the one who is butt hurt, WoW and GW2 both lack complexity for me to stay interested from more than a handful of hours a month.

I could say that about every mmo on the market, they all bore me after a few hours. swg was the last mmo that hooked me. developers need to understand that mmo's are not about story or shiny loot, they're about the community of players you play with.

Originally posted by Istavaan

gw2 has pretty much killed off the subscription model. I don't even play gw 2 but there is no denying it has had an impact on the genre similar to wow had back in 2004. im sure gw2 will grow even bigger this year .

Yeah about that... uhmm... no. The sub model was dying off long before GW2.

That's debatable at this point, the market is saturated right now with F2P games, many of which offer just as much as many that are still P2P or tried to go that route. I can't really agree the switch to F2P is all about Gw2. It may have had an impact yes, but IMO it hasn't surpassed WOW yet. It's also IMO too soon to say it's mirrowing WOW's success.

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Yep I think we can thank the rise of f2p and DDO for the reasons the sub model is dying not GW2 by a long shot.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

not really considering tera, tsw and swtor were all still sub model during gw2 initial release. tsw only released 4 months before gw2 with a sub model, as did tera.  tsw is now b2p, i doubt they would have changed to b2p model had it not been for gw2 doing it first.

Originally posted by Calerxes

Yep I think we can thank the rise of f2p and DDO for the reasons the sub model is dying not GW2 by a long shot.

DDO has had zero impact on the genre, most mmo players don't even know it exists.

not really considering tera, tsw and swtor were all still sub model during gw2 initial release. tsw only released 4 months before gw2 with a sub model, as did tera.  tws is now b2p, i doubt they would have changed to b2p model had it not been for gw2 doing it first.

They all changed because they did poorly not because of GW2. TERA went f2p in Korea too, was that because of GW2?

They all released way before GW2, TSW 4 months, TERA 5 months, SWTOR 8 months, but none of them held on to players or even had many at launch with the exception of SWTOR. They all went F2P because P2P isn't that desirable anymore, it's become niche, GW2 or not.

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by itgrowls

I rarely if ever get infractions for anything i write on comments in forums. I almost never have bans. (still don't) But I have to inform you guys and possible new players.

Do not post dissenting reviews of management decisions. Apparently it's against the rules to reveal holes in their game design post September and be prepared because anything you write will either be "your perception" of the actual daily game mechanics (like loot drops) or become vapor because they'll outright delete it and give you warnings. It's really sad. When other mmo's have done thing in their forums they generally end up crashing and burning entirely. Multiple threads were open for the purposes of discussing the possible future post AOE nerfs. One of the posts I wrote described in detail what would happen to the already broken Engineer class if this were to occur in it's current state. It went poof within 20 minutes of my posting it.

I expect more of this happening in the future.

Note to future new players: I would stay far far away from this game until the devs stop letting greedmongers control this game's direction because of whomever it is that's controlling the direction at the moment because it's certainly NOT gamers. (evident due to the design decisions post launch and the sheer lack of knowledge of mmo history when it comes to certain designs to control bots and the knowledge that they show blatant bias towards the balance and design of a single class at the expense of all others)

BTW I posted this.

That it's perfectly fine to consider a warrior balanced when he's doing one of the hardest dungeons solo.

Meanwhile engineers can't even finish their end game solo personal story without the threat of dying every minute and having to respawn constantly (and i showed examples of that).

All I can say is three words. "Witch Hunt Moderation" 

I'm sorry I didn't believe anyone else in the past when they posted a similar report on how bad this moderation is.

For most Engies, it's a case of L2P. I haven't played the last story mission but I'm 90% sure a good engie could finish it without a problem. 

The video you posted is quite funny because, the elementalist could do that, the Guardian could do that, the ENGIE which you claim sucks can do that. What the guy did isn't special, he just ran past mobs pretty much just running through the dungeon and using the dungeons mechanics against it so I don't see your point dude.

This is not a game.

Not to mention the forever repeating of the WOW formula, which I think has had the most impact on many of those P2P failures.

not really considering tera, tsw and swtor were all still sub model during gw2 initial release. tsw only released 4 months before gw2 with a sub model, as did tera.  tws is now b2p, i doubt they would have changed to b2p model had it not been for gw2 doing it first.

They all changed because they did poorly not because of GW2. TERA went f2p in Korea too, was that because of GW2?

all games in korea have a f2p model. gw2 has had an impact on the genre, you can bury your head in the sand and deny that fact all you like. i think future mmo's would be using the sub model had gw2 not released.

DDO has had zero impact on the genre, most mmo players don't even know it exists.

Maybe not in your parallel universe but in this one it was the catalyst that started the conversion of many an MMO, Turbine even advertised it as "The Game That Started It All" without its success with its conversion to f2p LoTRO would not have converted and the MMO landscape would have been still heavily sub based so I'd rethink your comment.

I would love to give GW2 every kudos possible, but DDO did have an impact as it proved a failing P2P could make better money through freemium.  However, GW was B2P long before that.

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157

I actually like GW2 but in what way did GW2 pass WoW?  Must of missed out on that memo

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157

But that is lame for mods to do that.

all games in korea have a f2p model. gw2 has had an impact on the genre, you can bury your head in the sand and deny that fact all you like. i think future mmo's would be using the sub model had gw2 not released.

Pretty sure Aion, Archeage and Blade and soul the top 3 MMOs in Korea are P2P.

Yet Aion is F2P here and that was before GW2 came out, thats because it did poorly. It has nothing to do with GW2 if a game goes F2P.

This discussion has been closed.