Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This isn't your normal MMO

1234568»

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by neobahamut20
    Originally posted by Volkon

I only use 3 skills because its all I need to win the fight. My utility skills were sprints and anti-stun. My elite skill was only used against elite mobs, the soloable ones. I weapon switch for range, because it is a requirement for many fights in instances and against many event mobs where melee gets obliterated.

I dont find anything fun in varying a playstyle just as a change of pace especially when I died more often from falling than mobs on my way to 80. I also tried playing other classes, I do have 7 character slots. They were all the same shit so I stopped pretty quickly. I logged in the other day and had guildies begging for help to kill a dragon. That's when you realize no one cares about the game when dragons dont even attract enough people to kill it.

It's amazing how quickly a line of text can shatter your credibility. To think you're trying to sell us that a warrior plays like a mesmer plays like a necro plays like a ranger... dude. Just stop. No one is buying this guano. You're going up against reality and faring poorly.

Again, pretty pixels on a screen are only significant for a certain group of people. If that is all you need, then lucky you I guess, it'll keep you happy long time given the current trend. I, however, want something more, I want actual differences. Having to use a skill at a 1200 or 800 range is the same playstyle. Your guardian can be (actually still is I believe) more effective at range than a ranger. But hey, he doesnt have a drawing of a bear in front of him so it MUST be different.

OK... now you're babbling. By your alleged attempt at a definition, all games are the same being "pixels", so why are you even here? If you can't see the differences in the skills in GW2 then you simply haven't looked and refudse to do so. It's the secondary and tertiary effects of the skills that make them stand out, and the varying playstyles of each profession that that results in. A mesmer, for example, is about confusing the enemy and their targeting getting them to spread their damage uselessly through confusion. It's about having enough control over their actions that you can get them to kill or severly damage themselves. It's about being there while you're not there unless you are there instead of here, or neither.

You are not ready.

Do you even know what a RPG is? That's why I'm here.

Obviously, by this and some other posts of yours you either are a very incompetant player for finding anything in this game even remotely challenging or a troll acting like a noob. The problem with you is I dont know if its trolling or just plain stupidity. Nice job repeating the sales pitch for the mesmer though, I really needed that...

Which RPG, the original ones that put a player in control of a character in a fantasy storyline that would take decisions or the more oriented statistical games videogames that degenerated (in my opinion) from it?

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

I only use 3 skills because its all I need to win the fight. My utility skills were sprints and anti-stun. My elite skill was only used against elite mobs, the soloable ones. I weapon switch for range, because it is a requirement for many fights in instances and against many event mobs where melee gets obliterated.

I dont find anything fun in varying a playstyle just as a change of pace especially when I died more often from falling than mobs on my way to 80. I also tried playing other classes, I do have 7 character slots. They were all the same shit so I stopped pretty quickly. I logged in the other day and had guildies begging for help to kill a dragon. That's when you realize no one cares about the game when dragons dont even attract enough people to kill it.

It's amazing how quickly a line of text can shatter your credibility. To think you're trying to sell us that a warrior plays like a mesmer plays like a necro plays like a ranger... dude. Just stop. No one is buying this guano. You're going up against reality and faring poorly.

Again, pretty pixels on a screen are only significant for a certain group of people. If that is all you need, then lucky you I guess, it'll keep you happy long time given the current trend. I, however, want something more, I want actual differences. Having to use a skill at a 1200 or 800 range is the same playstyle. Your guardian can be (actually still is I believe) more effective at range than a ranger. But hey, he doesnt have a drawing of a bear in front of him so it MUST be different.

OK... now you're babbling. By your alleged attempt at a definition, all games are the same being "pixels", so why are you even here? If you can't see the differences in the skills in GW2 then you simply haven't looked and refudse to do so. It's the secondary and tertiary effects of the skills that make them stand out, and the varying playstyles of each profession that that results in. A mesmer, for example, is about confusing the enemy and their targeting getting them to spread their damage uselessly through confusion. It's about having enough control over their actions that you can get them to kill or severly damage themselves. It's about being there while you're not there unless you are there instead of here, or neither.

You are not ready.

Obviously, by this and some other posts of yours you either are a very incompetant player for finding anything in this game even remotely challenging or a troll acting like a noob. The problem with you is I dont know if its trolling or just plain stupidity. Nice job repeating the sales pitch for the mesmer though, I really needed that...

Tell ya what, Sparky. Go take on a veteran Karka using only your 1,2,3 skills, Fraps it and share your awesomeness at the game with us. Film or it didn't happen.

If you're really feeling Froggy, the Champion isn't too far away either.

Oh, and you're welcome on the mesmer. You can't get enough mesmer. That's why we clone.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066

Ooooh, please enlighten us: What is RPG?

• neobahamut20neobahamut20 Member Posts: 336

You are not ready.

Tell ya what, Sparky. Go take on a veteran Karka using only your 1,2,3 skills, Fraps it and share your awesomeness at the game with us. Film or it didn't happen.

Oh, and you're welcome on the mesmer. You can't get enough mesmer. That's why we clone.

That would imply I'd have to reinstall the game. No thanks.

Also, that island is better off empty so their stats track the major flop it is. Vet Kakra req a dodge from time to time too, because they thought doing like every other game would make it better... "lets increase the difficulty by making mobs... hit harder yeah!!! Thats how you do it". The full heal is annoying too, you have to run away, rest, restart when it pops.

Boycotting EA. Why? They suck, even moreso since 2008.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Also, that island is better off empty so their stats track the major flop it is. Vet Kakra req a dodge from time to time too, because they thought doing like every other game would make it better... "lets increase the difficulty by making mobs... hit harder yeah!!! Thats how you do it". The full heal is annoying too, you have to run away, rest, restart when it pops.

Southsun is supposed to be fairly empty right now, by design. The land was introduced as an area for future content to be added. Everyone knows this, or should if they were paying attention. Right now, until they do their planned content additions there, it's a scenic place to go for a little quiet farming, do a jumping puzzle, grab some Ori, pick up some beverages and chill on the beach.

You... you never actually fought one of the vet karka, did you? You think it's only that they hit harder? Really?

Oderint, dum metuant.

You... you never actually fought one of the vet karka, did you? You think it's only that they hit harder? Really?

Thats my conclusion also.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

why not afraid without the zerg  holding you up you might actually get a challenge?  also your difficulty comment is pretty humorous considering many MMOs all they do is up the hp/power on mobs as you level(in the context of regular questing i mean)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Aerowyn

why not afraid without the zerg  holding you up you might actually get a challenge?  also your difficulty comment is pretty humorous considering many MMOs all they do is up the hp/power on mobs as you level(in the context of regular questing i mean)

Dont forget occasional puddle you musnt stand in!

With my playtimes, midnight - 3am, I rarely experienced a zerg. Seriously, sometimes, I used to log in, and people were looking for help to kill a dragon. Its how empty it was. I literally got bored of Kakas after like the 10th exact same dull fight against them.

Im still looking for a hard MMO

Some MMOS actually use zergs instead of HP/Power boosts, its lame too but at least it can make some people feel like heroes.

With my playtimes, midnight - 3am, I rarely experienced a zerg. Seriously, sometimes, I used to log in, and people were looking for help to kill a dragon. Its how empty it was. I literally got bored of Kakas after like the 10th exact same dull fight against them.

Some MMOS actually use zergs instead of HP/Power boosts, its lame too but at least it can make some people feel like heroes.

So i'm going to assume you missed over half the DEs in this game since a majority have waves of enemies you need to fend off not to mention the story quests.. hard is extremely subjective also and really depends how you play a game when you play who you play with and such.. there are plenty of areas in GW2 that are difficult and in PUGs certain things are downright frustrating.. the patch is doing away with dungeon spawn point rushing so that should help a good bit for people who thought that was a cheese tactic(which it was) to beat dungeons

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

So i'm going to assume you missed over half the DEs in this game since a majority have waves of enemies you need to fend off not to mention the story quests.. hard is extremely subjective also and really depends how you play a game when you play who you play with and such.. there are plenty of areas in GW2 that are difficult and in PUGs certain things are downright frustrating.. the patch is doing away with dungeon spawn point rushing so that should help a good bit for people who thought that was a cheese tactic(which it was) to beat dungeons

Well if the games difficulty is finding good players, then the problem lies in the community, not the game. If you get competant players together, then you can judge the game.

I surely missed plenty of DEs, I ran from heart to heart, waypoint to waypoint, vista to vista and got 100%. DEs werent part of the 100% so I did em if  I was there, I didnt seek them.

Also did all JP but not all dungeon routes. Tried with http://gw2lfg.com/ but finding a party even in there is hard at my play times.

Well if the games difficulty is finding good players, then the problem lies in the community, not the game. If you get competant players together, then you can judge the game.

I surely missed plenty of DEs, I ran from heart to heart, waypoint to waypoint, vista to vista and got 100%. DEs werent part of the 100% so I did em if  I was there, I didnt seek them.

Also did all JP but not all dungeon routes. Tried with http://gw2lfg.com/ but finding a party even in there is hard at my play times.

hearts are designed to be cake.. DEs,  especially group ones are the meat of GW2 pve questing experience.. midnight EST on sanctum of rall generally always has plenty of people around.. not sure what server you are on but if you are having issues i'd try moving(that is if you ever try playing again) generally you can look at the top 5 to 10 WvW servers and those generally have the biggest populations

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131

I hear ya I only started plaing mmo's back in 2000 so  I never had a chance to play any of the really skilled mmo's the hardcore crowd played  

• NoxxumariNoxxumari Member Posts: 16
    this is awesome 20 pages!  i would never have expected that me liking this game because it is not like every other mmo out there would garner such a long heated debate. I hope more people read all these valid arguments and decide to see what its all about, the game is worth the investment. Best 80$ i have spent in awhile.. 80 because i had to up my mac os =)
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

Let me get this straight.

People are asking gamers to play an MMORPG as a single player game to get a challenge out of it?

If any group content can be soloed (of equal level) it shows how inept developers are at creating challenging content. (Not solely aimed at GW2)

However, they are probably doing it to appeal to the masses.