Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOOHOO! Jay Wilson got fired

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01/17/diablo-iiis-jay-wilson-steps-down-as-game-director/

my condolences to the fans of whichever IP/series he goes on to ruin next. 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by bishbosh2

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01/17/diablo-iiis-jay-wilson-steps-down-as-game-director/

my condolences to the fans of whichever IP/series he goes on to ruin next. 

Your internet connection is slow. This was front-page news here yesterday.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• nukempronukempro Member Posts: 76

So Jay Wilson has spent 7 years straining to pass the turd known as D3. Now that he has finally finished doing his business...Blizzard is gonna let him take a huge shit on Titan as well? I dunno but I would fully expect a RMAH in Titan and such a low drop rate on items that you have no choice but to use it if you want to progress. D3 will probably go down as the biggest dissapointment in my entire life as far as games go.

Sadly there are so many here that will sing D3 praises and attempt to suck farts out of Jay Wilsons ass...blizzbots never change.

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/read/26576/Diablo-3-Jay-Wilson-Steps-Away-from-Diablo-3-Moves-to-New-Project.html#cLbsE2LgLyJwbfkw.99

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I wish I could make a turd that made/makes 100's of millions in cash.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Celebrating a guy losing his job, stay classy people. Some of you take games way to seriously.
  • bishbosh2bishbosh2 Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    Celebrating a guy losing his job, stay classy people. Some of you take games way to seriously.

he is a producer for a huge multimilion dollar title not a  grunt that needs his job to feed his family.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

he is a producer for a huge multimilion dollar title not a  grunt that needs his job to feed his family.

So you're saying he doesn't need to feed his family?

Originally posted by Psychow

Obviously only grunt-families need to eat. Not producer-families. Maybe he produces food as well as games?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Obviously only grunt-families need to eat. Not producer-families. Maybe he produces food as well as games?

rofl

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784

What if he PRODUCES a very large and hungy family!! Bigbosh2 wants children to starve!!

What if he PRODUCES a very large and hungy family!! Bigbosh2 wants children to starve!!

THAT MONSTER!!!!!1!!!1!!!   image

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466
    Originally posted by Vannor

keep your chin up bro, if JW could anyone can. 

actually its even *gasp* EASY

You just need to work for a company that has gained untold amounts of credit among gamers for years, then proceed to waste it all in one go by releasing a total abortion that will still sell like hotcakes due to brand name alone.

but I warn you, its a very competitive world, there are too many utter inepts out there, and not enough companies with their reputation intact.

I suggest you to hurry up finding one, or else Jay will beat you to the punch again

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157

Gave me a good laugh.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Well D3 had a bad start.  "Endgame" was a mess when D3 was new.  Most of the issues with that are now fixed, and now the game can work on getting better now that the major broken stuff is fixed.

Ok so you had a rough launch with a f'ed up endgame...sound familair?  Such an equation will spawn haters for life.  But..it gets worse than that.

All of a sudden, everyone was playing D2 for the last 12 years and were super fanatical about it in every possible way, the game apparently was a spawn of god and flawless.  Yeah i dont know where these people came from ,i played D2 and can barely remember it...fuck 12 years ago i was a kid. Anyway..this crowd was upset that some new systems were put in game to thwart some of the major issues D2 had.  Unable to realize that D3 wasnt a copy/paste job (lord knows how mad they would have been if it was a copy/paste) and rather an evolution, they became fanatical in their rage and lust for the old game exactly with better graphics.

Combination of the two was a shitstorm of "i saw it was bad on the internet so the game sucks and is the worst game ever"  all that was needed was someone to focus the anger personally on.

Enter: Jay Wilson.

Apparently he was the only guy working on the game, its all his fault. 

So being smart he walked over to something else, luckily he wasnt as vengfull as his audience, hell id have stayed just to piss off the dumb children.

Yeah i can see the injection of wow lore into the game pissing some off.  Also i can see the AH pissing others off, heaven forbid they ignored it, oh it has RMAH too...meaning now they dont have to use a scummy 3rd party site and can actually make money playing (the horror). Unable to control themselves, and lacking free will, the AH has to be used theres no option, like not using it since for them its game breaking.

This whole scenario is the future of gaming.  100% gurantee had D3 been a copy paste of D2 system, mechanics, lore...whatever...all placed into a modern non cartoony world...there would be just as big as a shitstorm as there is now.  It doesnt matter, someone bound to be angry no matter what is done, they are going to youtube, the lemmings watch learn and replicate like the good sheep they are. 

Part of the reason i guess is apparently some spent 12 years hoping and dreaming for D3.  Its sad i know, but that kind of expectation is a guranteed dissapointment for all things in life.  Ill be honest i stopped thinking about D2 many years ago like most normal people, yeah i was excited for D3, yeah it dissapointed and i didnt play much past launch, but its better now and getting some more attention, so i got my moneys worth for sure.

Once again ive far exceeded anyones attention span to read.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I enjoyed killing Jay Wilson.

Especially since it gave me a Feat of Strength.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    I think the problem is people expecting endgame in a dungeon crawler-type game. D3 still is a steaming turd, it just has alot fo stupid blizzfanboy cattle to buy it. I love dungeon crawler games and I couldn't even finidh d3 once because it was so badly done. Path of exile is what diablo 3 should have been, its sad that a dev team with limited funds can produce a far better game than blizzard that has near limitless funds.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• kalrhaelkalrhael Member Posts: 87

This community was also elated when the Bioware founders stepped down. Seriously there is a HUGE lack of respect for developers in mmorpg.com, it's sickening, I'm not sure why I even visit this place anymore.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    He didn't get fired.  He moved to a new project.  Somebody should delete this thread.
    Originally posted by kalrhael

This community was also elated when the Bioware founders stepped down. Seriously there is a HUGE lack of respect for developers in mmorpg.com, it's sickening, I'm not sure why I even visit this place anymore.

For the lulz, duh!

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

To be honest, I don't really remember people being elated on this site when the Bioware founders left.  I think the feeling was more of 'we saw this coming' since that is the trend of companies that work with EA. 

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Originally posted by Vannor

It would still be a turd, though.  Some things are a lot more important than money.  Like being able to say you've devoted years of your life to creating something that's actually good...  but in the US at least, people seem to keep forgetting that, these days.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173

mademelol

Originally posted by TheHavok
    He didn't get fired.  He moved to a new project.  Somebody should delete this thread.

lol he got fired. do you think game companies will announce shit like " we hired are lead producer because he sucks and ruined our franchise". in the PR speak, "moved to a new project" means " we sacked this mofo cos he failed".

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    He actually got moved to Titan. Sooo, yeah...

oh come on you guys know what i meant. its not like his family will starve to death because he lost his job. he probs has a shit ton of money lying around. all im saiyan is that he shouldnt kept away from large franchises with huge fanbases, his greed + dumbing down philosophy is more suited to generic p2w cashgrab titles nomsaiyan?

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246

Seeing how BioWare had been going with their games in a number of years now, I'm not sorry.  This is NOT the BioWare of Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, NWN, and KOTOR1 timeframe.  For gaming, I'm quite fond of those years of BioWare.  But they've drastically changed for the worse.

To me, the final nail in the coffin for their reputation was SWTOR.  They've made their own stumbling blocks on their rise, and now they get to trip over them.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)