Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Jay Wilson Steps Away from Diablo 3, Moves to New Project

1235»

Comments

• AviKerenskyAviKerensky Member Posts: 2

Diablo III (in execution) is exactly like Diablo II. It's a slight variation on the story, with new classes and a different power tree which is virtually uncustomizable. The story is exactly the same every time through, even with a different class. I played through the story once, got the character to 60 (Start of Hell, thereabout), then made a new character. I got maybe halfway through Act I and hung it up. I had no interest in the slightest of repeating a story fifty times for several different characters. The game is now (effectively) a $60 paperweight. I enjoyed the story the first time through, but I would have liked it more if it was even a little different each time. I played Diablo II for a decade, and after that long doing a repetitive story, Diablo III was not very good.

On the other hand, my hat goes off to the creator(s) of Starcraft II. That game is freekin' amazing. Looking forward to HoTS.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by bbbb42

rename titan to titanic cause that ship is going down asuming it ever gets released lol

You're so original.

• AviKerenskyAviKerensky Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Souldrainer
     That said, D3 is the biggest train wreck I have seen in 33 years of gaming. Runners up include E.T. and the Virtual Boy.

You clearly never played The Matrix Online. A combat system built around Rock, Paper, Scissors.

• LegereLegere Member UncommonPosts: 123
    good riddance
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Diablo 3 is a solid game. It comes second place in the Action RPG genre for me after D2. But that could change. On the other hand games like TL2 were meh. I couldn't even stomach 20 hours of that game. Whoever told them that no closed servers = fun needs to be .................... And they promised a mod editor (just like D3 promised PvP) and they still haven't delivered. But  Idon't see people QQing over the fact that TL2 did not deliver too.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ZairuZairu Member Posts: 469
    Originally posted by Aviggin
    Originally posted by Coman
    Originally posted by Aviggin

Aw man, I wrote this:

"Jay Wilson leaving is the best news ever. I just wish it would have happened much sooner than this. I also wish he was just outright leaving Blizzard.Jay, you don't deserve to work on another project at Blizzard after D3.  I can only hope you're not in charge of whatever mystery project you're going to be involved in. The people in charge are making a terrible mistake by moving you to another project and not just booting your !@# out the door."

Guess what I got forum banned for a week for?

----

--------------

'Cause I said ass.

and I guess because you attacked one of there employees? I guess you should be happy your allowed back the forums in the first place. I never get that. That people feen entiteld to go to someone else there place and say whatever they like without reprocussion. 

You think they would not kick me out of a store if I said the same thing about an employee that got transfered? Why would it be any different?

Anyhow

Why do people think he will move to titan though? Just a random guess? He might as well move to starcraft 2? They working on an two expensions if I am correct and might be blizzard actually working on something else as well.

The point is that my entire post wasn't "obscene/vulgar language", so I was wrongfully banned in terms of what they actually chose to ban me for. "Ass" is not an obscene word. :p

I wasn't really defending myself in terms of getting banned, more just that I found it amusing that they used obscene language as the excuse.

'ass' is very much considered a curse word by common standards, just not a very bad one. that does not make you right in the situation, just because it is mild.

i get banned here all the time. what i DON'T do, is go to other websites and cry about it like a self-entitled brat.

• thoktazthoktaz Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Good news for D3 players that managed to stick around, bad news for Titan if the second part is true.

Cue.  Eff.  Tee.

Doesn't really matter, though.  Blizzard has been dead for a long, long time.  The original employees are gone, the original ideas went with them, and the only thing left for this company is shameless fan abuse.

So on second thought... Jay's a perfect fit.

• MarirranyaMarirranya Member Posts: 154
    i enjoyed playing diablo 3 until i finished the game. then moved on and never looked back since. waste of money? not really. i finished it and enjoyed it.

There are people who play games and then there are gamers.

http://alzplz.blogspot.com

• chrimwinsterchrimwinster Member Posts: 45

D2 quickly became a very boring repetitive game, if D3 was not 'as good' is this a bad thing.

I agree the PaytoWin element is never a good thing but I cannot help but think players look back with rose tinted glasses.

too different a game = fail

to similar = boring

OTOH Baldurs Gate travels very well )

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    all i really got from that was it took 7 years to makes a game that played worse then the one before it

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• VulturnusVulturnus Member Posts: 36

I dont really follow the problems D3 has or have any idea who is to blame for it's problems. All I know is I got about 1% of the play time I was expecting to get out of it. The sad thing is they got my money so what does it matter? I guess the negative aspect for blizard is I wont be rushing in to buy their next game blind just expecting it to be good or just because it's called Diablo.

I think it's a complicated formula making a game good, but the important thing is it needs something simple but effective and fun to keep people playing, the hook. D3 didn't have it and it may be because it's a loot game but mostly getting the loot is about farming gold or RL money and buying it in a shop?

All the hours I played D3 I didn't find shit, found a few uniques and they were crap. I was really looking forward to the crafting system/Artisan but that just turned out to be a whole/toilet to throw time/money and resources down for basically no reward.

On a side note I hate the graphics style of WoW which is in D3 as well as countless other games out today. have enough WoW clones come out and failed now for devalopers to realise it's not enough and try something else?

• HcRpgerHcRpger Member Posts: 31

Best comment by far, "Titan" renamed to "Titanic", priceless LOL

As for the news, I think this says all about Blizzard in its current state as well.

They don't care about their games, nor customers, anymore, by letting Wilson to go and most likeyl ruin another one of their games. Despite the huge crows of people who have very verbally opposed Wilson all along and thought he is the sole reason why Diablo series got screwed up.

How does Blizzard reply to this fair crtizism, well, by rewarding the bloke and giving him another game to mess up. Talk about listening to your fans and customers.