Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Jay Wilson Steps Away from Diablo 3, Moves to New Project

Comments

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Never had anything against the guy. I wish him luck in his new position. He made a few missteps but D3 is coming along very nicely, despite what the die-hard D2 fanboys seem to think.It's far from a 'train wreck', as someone put it earlier.

If you're not a Diablo 2 fan boy, then you really have no idea what "on track" and "train wreck" means for the series. That said, D3 is the biggest train wreck I have seen in 33 years of gaming. Runners up include E.T. and the Virtual Boy.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Zekiah
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Good news for D3 players that managed to stick around, bad news for Titan if the second part is true.

Just officially renamed, "Titanic".

lol holycrap.... jump while still can!!!!!

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    lmao at all the made up titan theories in this thread
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

6million + people purchase a game and make it a huge success. That's the only number Blizzard as a money-making corporation cares about. That people are complaining about it nearly a year later still is irrelevant to them, they has your money already. Perhaps if people stop rushing out to buy something new and shiny without knowing much about it or, worse, knowing everything and burying your head in the sand anyway, these kinds of tragedies would stop happening.

Side note, I actually enjoyed D3 even though I thought it was deeply flawed, but then I waited to get it on sale. Imagine how quickly fixes and changes would have been put into effect if they had to wait until players felt the game was worthwhile to spend their monies on it. Js.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Badgered86Badgered86 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Maybe now they can fix Diablo III and make it at least hold a candle to Torchlight II.  Wilson should be exiled from game development for eternity.  He's a boorish, arrogant piece of trash and should be relegated to the dust bin of abysmally bad developers who ruin amazing franchises.
  • shikyo111shikyo111 Member Posts: 10
    Path of exile is better
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by Souldrainer

Never had anything against the guy. I wish him luck in his new position. He made a few missteps but D3 is coming along very nicely, despite what the die-hard D2 fanboys seem to think.

It's far from a 'train wreck', as someone put it earlier.

If you're not a Diablo 2 fan boy, then you really have no idea what "on track" and "train wreck" means for the series. That said, D3 is the biggest train wreck I have seen in 33 years of gaming. Runners up include E.T. and the Virtual Boy.

I was a huge D2 fan, put in far more hours than I'm willing to admit. And you know what? I can't go back it it, it just feels incredibly shallow and primitive. D3 is better in almost every way. To compare D3 to E.T. and Virtual Boy is just laughably silly.

Personally I think most D3 haters are either looking at D2 through nostalgia goggles, have their heads firmly up Totalbiscuit's ass, hate the RMAH to the point where it clouds their judgment when it comes to the rest of the game, or have never even played the game and are just jumping on the hate bandwagon. Mix and match the above as you please.

Does the game have issues? Hells yes, but it's still by far the best of the current ARPG crop.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960

How can you take franchise like Diablo , and whole creative workforce behind Blizzard - and make pile of shit ?

Hire Jay Wilson

The guy really managed to do unbelivable.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Never had anything against the guy. I wish him luck in his new position. He made a few missteps but D3 is coming along very nicely, despite what the die-hard D2 fanboys seem to think.

To be honest E.T. was a worse trainwreck. But to take a licence that has so many devoted follkowers for a decade or more... and pretty much alienate all of them is an amazing feat, that at least should cost him his job for irreparable damage to the company name. Instead.. he gets the chance to destroy yet another licence? He must be sleeping with someone higher up, because they are killing the company reputation just to keep him occupied.

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

D3 is a fantasic game, you cannot please all of the people all of the time, so why bother?

I think there must of have been a sale on rose tinted glasses and every one who once played D2 10 years ago but have yet to play D3 bought some.

I was a huge D2 fan, put in far more hours than I'm willing to admit. And you know what? I can't go back it it, it just feels incredibly shallow and primitive. D3 is better in almost every way. To compare D3 to E.T. and Virtual Boy is just laughably silly.

Personally I think most D3 haters are either looking at D2 through nostalgia goggles, have their heads firmly up Totalbiscuit's ass, hate the RMAH to the point where it clouds their judgment when it comes to the rest of the game, or have never even played the game and are just jumping on the hate bandwagon. Mix and match the above as you please.

Does the game have issues? Hells yes, but it's still by far the best of the current ARPG crop.

Total biscuits video about D3 was terrible, he sometimes pulls videos he considers are of poor quality but he didn't pull his D3 video after getting most things about the RMAH and the skill system 100% wrong.  I still watch him though he is a little pretentious at times.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    **** that loser.
  • zekeofevzekeofev Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer

6million + people purchase a game and make it a huge success. That's the only number Blizzard as a money-making corporation cares about. That people are complaining about it nearly a year later still is irrelevant to them, they has your money already. Perhaps if people stop rushing out to buy something new and shiny without knowing much about it or, worse, knowing everything and burying your head in the sand anyway, these kinds of tragedies would stop happening.

Side note, I actually enjoyed D3 even though I thought it was deeply flawed, but then I waited to get it on sale. Imagine how quickly fixes and changes would have been put into effect if they had to wait until players felt the game was worthwhile to spend their monies on it. Js.

D3 sold well because D2 was good. D2 lasted a long time and gave lots of players a lot of playtime and depth for low cost.

D3 was not nearly as good and it is not nearly as deep. I could point out several flaws in its design (damage scaling, difficulty, itemization issues, paragon system, advertised with pvp in development and changed to just a dueling system, damage versus defensive abilitys, lack of specialization every class plays like everyone else from that class, online only access, RMAH, gold economy)

However, because of how the playerbase views D3 I guarantee you there will be more looking before leaping next go around.

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

I hated AH in general, piss poor storyline, itemization, all classes but Barbarian and Demon Hunter, the fact that they removed the brutal kills like in the introduction video back in the day where the Siege Beast or whatever bit the Barb's head off, the skill system (gives the illusion of few options whether there are tons or not), etc.

The graphics were nice, but overall game design and story writing were absolute travesties.

• ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    I'd love to be able to find out how much time posters in this thread spent playing D3. In my experience, the first people to piss and moan about how awful a game is are the people with a few hundred hours spent playing.
  • HealthyGamerHealthyGamer Member Posts: 25
    The only thing that could doom Titan even more is if Blizzard were to hire Jeff Hickman.
  • BandenBanden Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Good news for D3 players that managed to stick around, bad news for Titan if the second part is true.

Im gonna QFT this one aswell, that was EXACTLY what I thought when I saw this news, but to be honest, he could probably have done less damage staying with diablo 3, it has allready been struck with his particular brand of stupid, you cant wreck something that is allready broken.

• RawizRawiz Member UncommonPosts: 584

I played Diablo 2 and it's expansion around 10 years myself, on hardcore of course. I actually still play it from time to time. It looks terrible, but the mechanics are much more to my liking still to this day.

I bought Diablo 3, like so many other suckers, played a few chars to cap on hardcore. It was painfully obvious to me, that the franchise I grew up with was just not made for me anymore. It's way too simplified in every way to please the masses.

I wish Blizzard would make Diablo 2 HD.

They shouldn't have even called this game Diablo. Then it'd be okay, but now it's a shallow turd. Oh, and bye Jay, I'll forever remember what you did.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003
    Beat me to the If he's moving to Titan, Just officially renamed Titanic line. Lol.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

The game space has changed - 12 years ago a game like Diablo was fresh, it was new like MMO's 10 years ago, but these games are now just common so we don't stick around as long, If SWTOR or D3 was released 10 years ago we all be signing their praises, bottom line eat to much chocolate and you're no longer impressed by chocolate no matter how you dress it up, the games are fine we're the problem.
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

Jay Wilson the destroyer of blizzard franchises... he will get them one by one!

Titan, warcraft and then starcraft will feel his wrath!

He will even remake Lost vikings and rock and roll racing! nothing is sacred!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by expresso
    The game space has changed - 12 years ago a game like Diablo was fresh, it was new like MMO's 10 years ago, but these games are now just common so we don't stick around as long, If SWTOR or D3 was released 10 years ago we all be signing their praises, bottom line eat to much chocolate and you're no longer impressed by chocolate no matter how you dress it up, the games are fine we're the problem.

most things look good in isolation of its competition

i could say the same thing about many poor mmos

imagine the reception for Runes of Magic if it was released 10 years ago

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by expresso

another "it's the players not the games". sling me another shill.

• SolisArithSolisArith Member Posts: 10
    good riddance