Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does this site pick who reviews which game?

QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
I'm not complaining about the reviews (well, other than the Spiral Knights review in which the reviewer somehow managed to completely miss the point of the game), but I'm just curious.  You seem to have reviews written by a lot of different people, some of which don't have much of a history on this site.  This isn't really a "suggestion", I suppose, but I didn't know where to put the thread.

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Hey Quiz,

This is something we're actively working on getting better at. When I took over as ME in 2011, I started building a base of reviewers, and as time's gone on, I've begun to rely on fewer and fewer of them as our sort of "review crew". In terms of "who gets what", it's often a "first come, first served" sort of thing. Freelance writers often get some of the smaller games to review, while full-time staff tackle the bigger releases.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.