Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is great but why am I not having fun ?

13»

Comments

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Its the same old MMO all over again. Once you get past the glitter, you realize its just the standerd Fantasy MMo repeated yet again. The lack of progression in favor of making it 'fair' I suppose for casuals (which is actually a poor choice for many reasons, even for the casuals its suppose to be supporting) really makes the game feel so lack luster during the leveling phase and limits the sense of accomplishment your suppose to feel. This makes it so if your past the 'naive' phase a lot more lack luster.

Combat though, that is where this game trips over itself and faceplants into the group for me and a lot more open to admit it. It really feels like they didn't know what kind of system they wanted to put into the game. Should it be tab target (standerd MMo) or perhaps more aiming/skill based emphasizing action (Tera) which they went with a mix which really makes combat so clunky. Its easy to miss skills due to terrain or other effects that wouldn't happen if it was a real tab target game and your likely able to actually adjust for if it was an action based.

This is worst when the desire to have casuals play seems to emphasize dodging being the 'ends to justify the means' of skill which makes combat VERY simplistic. You can master even the more complex classes really quick in this game, and your going to be doing the same thing over and over again the whole time. I remember mesmer being hyped up a lot and while I enjoyed the idea of the class, it was very elementary to play. It just feel so easy, and when you can basically go afk in events following the 'zerg' it only trivializes the game more (Why have 1 being an auto attack? Really why?) where I feel more involved in a game like Rift with events then GW2. 

Its got good features but two major areas it just fails to deliver on and I think ANet at least knows the one (progression). Combat isn't likely to change and unfortunately this game's combat system is lack luster and it would be the only thing that might of kept my attention. Its just yet another fantasy MMo over again which I think is why so many people just play it and then don't pick it up again, combined with other elements it lacks from those games that often kept us playing. 

Hmm... to amass any credibility you should at least learn about the game you're trying to troll. For example, 1 may be the default auto-attack, but you can select any skill you wish for auto-attack or have auto-attack completely turned off. Tab targetting is only needed for some skills, others will simply straight line travel until they hit something or go out of range, others are ground targetted with the mouse pointer, etc.

If you think the mesmer is "elementary to play" you obviously didn't bother to learn how to play the mesmer. 

Oderint, dum metuant.