Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you like MMOs

2»

Comments

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529
    I like video games, whether they are 'MMOs' or not is irrelevent.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by jpnz

This ^^^

The lines are not that clear anyway. D3 and Borderlands are not MMOs, but many MMO plays like that (hit a button, get a auto-group, small group content).

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by jpnz

This ^^^

The lines are not that clear anyway. D3 and Borderlands are not MMOs, but many MMO plays like that (hit a button, get a auto-group, small group content).

Our lobby lobbyist is at it again.

I am sure there are plenty of players out there who do not want Pavlov’s dog gaming. They deserve a MMO they want to play as well you know.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I like some MMOs.

I dont like many other MMOs.

For example:

I like the concept of running around in a huge world with hundreds, if not thousands of other players. Unfortunately, many MMOs killed that idea with instancing. Guild Wars for example is riddiculous, you step out of the town and BAM you're completely alone.

I like the concept of fighing a superboss with many other players. Unfortunately, many MMOs killed that idea with making these battles happen only in the socalled "endgame", but then making them mandatory and the whole content of the game.

I like the concept of having to compete with other guilds for ressource, and having mass PvP events such as castle sieges in the original Lineage 2. Unfortunately, many MMOs killed that with dull realm vs realm battles.

I like the idea of having multiple characters, each giving you a highly different gaming experience by giving them individual strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately, many MMOs killed that with trivialistic skillbased system and poor if any balance.

I like the idea of competing with other players, unfortunately many MMOs today are rather "pay to win".

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

So here comestibles my question.

I do not believe that word means what you think it means. Unless you're a cannibal, anyway.

Alternatively, your cellphone is autocompleting words for you, and guessing horribly wrong?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• darkkblackdarkkblack Member Posts: 38
    I like MMO's very much so! Especially if it features quality PvP driven by stats. I am a very competitive personality and I take pride in my craft. Entertain me and challenge me and u have a loyal customer.