Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DUST 514: Entering Open Beta on January 22nd

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

CCP has announced that the Playstation 3 open beta for DUST 514 will officially commence on January 22nd. The open beta comes after the successful merger of the EVE and DUST 514 game worlds.

“The launch of the DUST 514 Open Beta is another step towards our long-term vision for CCP and EVE,” said Hilmar Veigar Pétursson, CEO of CCP. “But this is just the beginning.  As we have done with EVE Online, in the coming weeks, and for years to come, we will continually improve upon and add to the DUST 514 experience , as well as add deeper integration between the two games and their communities.”

Read more about the combined game plans on the EVE Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• causscauss Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Too bad it isn't on the pc. I do have a PS3, but I prefer FPS games on my pc.
  • AarakianeAarakiane Member UncommonPosts: 6

fick ya cant wait to rock the shit out of this game lol i have friends waiting for me to call down orbitals lol

• ibn_Cartwellibn_Cartwell Member Posts: 47

Is there any information on Dust, is it planned to release on computer?

or console only as less walling/aimbots/speed hacks ect? ( unless you really get down to it of course )

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by causs
    Too bad it isn't on the pc. I do have a PS3, but I prefer FPS games on my pc.

There is keyboard and mouse support if the controls are what make a difference for you.

List of the commands are ingame in the options section.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Originally posted by ibn_Cartwell

Is there any information on Dust, is it planned to release on computer?

or console only as less walling/aimbots/speed hacks ect? ( unless you really get down to it of course )

Its PS3 only, and yes, probably too prevent to rampant aimbotting etc..

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466
    System Req: Playstation 2 <--- Ps2?, its only me or it needs to be fixed?

• xaritscinxaritscin Member UncommonPosts: 350
    T_T i want this game so much, i want to be both an EVE capsuleer and DUST mercenary. dont have money to get a PS3 e.e
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Hot damn open beta on my birthday! Gotta love it! I'll be there with bells on. Haven't fired up the ol PS3 since Dead Space 2.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by xaritscin
    T_T i want this game so much, i want to be both an EVE capsuleer and DUST mercenary. dont have money to get a PS3 e.e

Have a look at ebay and see if you can get one cheap? You don't need a blu-ray for dust.-

Give me liberty or give me lasers