Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO - will it be a GW2 clon?

124»

Comments

• ibn_Cartwellibn_Cartwell Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Rashmeind
    The sandbox crowd will be happy when ToA launches :D

I want an Asheron's Call world changing quests, epic  quests, and open world, and combat physics, allegiances! Combined with Wurm terraforming and crafting, ect.

Put this on Euclideon graphics, and Neurosky control system.

Timelapse of Wurm construction, basic house

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    TESO will have unbalanced combat but it will be fun.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo

I love the amount of legit feedback in this statement.  1/10.

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

If ESO for reason changed up there whole game, keeping the combat (fps style) from previes ES games, kept the epic quests, and kept a skill based system ( like previous ES games ), made it entirely open world, with out silly copies, and maybe focused more community enchancing things, unlike Facebook integration which is just silly, it might have a chance, but no developer in his right mind would do that how far they've come with there crap, they gonna release and make whatever money they can back and call it done.
  • PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Originally posted by ibn_Cartwell
    If ESO for reason changed up there whole game, keeping the combat (fps style) from previes ES games, kept the epic quests, and kept a skill based system ( like previous ES games ), made it entirely open world, with out silly copies, and maybe focused more community enchancing things, unlike Facebook integration which is just silly, it might have a chance, but no developer in his right mind would do that how far they've come with there crap, they gonna release and make whatever money they can back and call it done.

Stop acting like you know, you're a myth maker.

Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

Doesn't take much to assume, this gonna be a nother themepark shithouse, end of story.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by PsychoPigeon

The sad truth is that there is more truh than myht in ibn's statement.  Time will tell, but with recent releases, I've got to say that I think he may be right.  Hope I'm wrong tho.

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    [mod edit]
    [mod edit]

Maybe if you did some research you'd know it doesn't have standard themepark combat.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Maybe if you did some research you'd know it doesn't have standard themepark combat.

Closer to GW2 combat from what I've seen.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Asheron's Call only combat system is on par with FPS combat, which require real skill, rest of them for the lame brained.
  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by Chrisbox

I love the amount of legit feedback in this statement.  1/10.

If you watched the interview uploaded on mmorpg.com you will know what i mean. They want to give us character customization that is beyond our expectations, there will be alot of overpowered builds.

• ArzhAngelArzhAngel Member Posts: 427
    Take you shit together ESO has nothig to do with GW2 / WOW or anything els(maby beside daoc) ESO will destry any other MMO out there even if they only make ½ a game of the Elder scrolls univers.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I don't see how it can be a gw2 clone unless they had spies at arenanet. They've been working on the game for 5 or 6 years.
  • Originally posted by XAPGames
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Closer to GW2 combat from what I've seen.

Doesn't look anything like GW2 combat as far as I can tell. More like Oblivion/Skyrim combat.