Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would this All in one PC run games half way well?

Spartan3088Spartan3088 Burlington, IAMember Posts: 35

Ok so i was planning on building my own pc but just today i was kind of told i might be given a free used All in one desktop from HP. What i want to know is could a pc like that even run games like WoW, diablo 3, call of duty? If it could run them half way it would give me more time to save up to build a real desktop. would something like this work at all for a bit?

3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330S quad-core processor [2.7GHz, 6MB Shared Cache]

8GB DDR3-1600MHz SODIMM Memory [2 DIMMs]

1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive

Integrated graphics - Intel(R) HD

27" diagonal full HD widescreen LED-backlit

Premium Wireless-N LAN card and Bluetooth(R)(2x2)

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member Posts: 16,853 Epic

It would probably run WoW half way well, because just about everything runs WoW half way well.  The GeForce 4 MX something or other that I bought in 2002 ran WoW half way well.  A lot of other games would be dicier, though.  Gaming performance will trail way behind what you could get in a normal desktop for $500 excluding peripherals.

The only reasons to consider an all-in-one are:

1)  You're mainly care about the form factor, as opposed to price, performance, reliability, or a variety of other things that a lot of people buying a computer would care about, or

2)  You're dead set on getting a Mac.

• CleffyCleffy San Diego, CAMember Posts: 5,230 Uncommon

Woot that was an easy one to answer.

• IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBMember Posts: 1,228 Uncommon

looked at link saw HP... instantly went NOPE.avi... 

why pay 900-1500 for a toaster really.... if you want a toaster ill sell you my used one :/ 

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

• miguksarammiguksaram Fort Meade, MDMember Posts: 826 Uncommon

Depending on the circumstances in which you would receive this all in one PC I would say accept it and then turn around and sell it (again assuming this wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings and/or wallet) to help offset the cost of building your own.

If however someone is spending money on you it would be advisable to show then that NOT buying a an all in one and rather allowing them to take the case they would spend on it torwards a person build would be a MUCH better use of their money and an overall better PC for you.

Either way, Win/Win!

• syntax42syntax42 USAMember Posts: 1,374 Uncommon
    If they make AIO PCs with AMD's A-core APUs, try to get one of those.  Otherwise, your graphics processing will be too slow for most newer games to run at minimum settings.  Based on what I have seen, Intel graphics are barely enough to run Windows Aero.  AMD's A-core can run some games with decent visuals, but don't expect much out of the shaders.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Northwest, INMember Posts: 5,035 Uncommon

Depending on which Intel HD video it is, I wouldn't expect much for 3D performance.  I have a laptop with the plain Intel HD (not the 3000) and it's plenty slow.  It barely runs Age of Conan.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.