Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perma Banned For Wanting Refund

Comments

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Aventurine with Darkfall Unholy Wars is one of very few times in recent years I can recall a PRE ORDER cancellation not getting the funds back to the person who pre-ordered.  I mean who does that?  Aventurine.

If he had bought the game I could understand.  This is a pre-order though, and cancelling the order before release or shipment of goods for a full refund should be a no-brainer.  Obviously though, Aventurine is just that.

Of course Aventurine doesn't have to give pre-order cancellation fund returns, they can do whatever they want.  Which is probably why they are losing most of their customers...

Just another reason I support them. 

Big difference between a pre-order and a pre-order that lets you play the game until it is officially released.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Ryroth
    Originally posted by Aragon100
    Originally posted by xpiher
    Originally posted by joshbaby03

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdykab.jpg

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

I doubt you ever get a refund and i cant really understand why you got that ban?

In my eyes Aventurine is a corrupt company, remember in Darkfall 1 when Aventurine changed the rules for sieges after a siege were lost by a Zerg that on forums then threatened to rage quit. What happened was that the server went down and the result of the siege was not saved. Aventurine then manually transfered a town the Zerg never won ingame to that Zerg against their own written down rulesetting. Rules were that developers would never interfere with the score of a server down. I bet Aventurine had some players in that whining Zerg.

There is also alot of rumors that Aventurine even though they knew a certain guild were duping they didnt interfere cause they made such good advertising promos for the game. That guild had the most expensive boat when the Zergs didnt even have the material for the smallest. 

The duping guild then made a promo video on sea warfare and i bet Aventurine saw it as a good advertising video that would bring more players to the game.

If you as a player want fair gameplay and no interference from developers then stay away from Aventurine.

Umm no. Stop spouting BS please thanks. The difference between this siege and previous sieges was that siege had an actual CONCLUSION. The other sieges didn't have an actual outcome. 

BS, the rulesetting was that developers would never interfere with the outcome of a server down.

That written rulesetting ment nothing when the whining Zerg threatened to ragequit on forums.

I could have understand if they first changed the rules for sieges and then acted.

Now they broke their own rules to please the Zerg.

And knowing about the mercs duping and doing nothing is another good example. Seeing their hi-end boat when nobody else had more then a raft is like saying we know theyre cheating but we choose not to act cause Ripper give us some good advertising youtube videos.

They even posted that sea warfare video here on MMORPG.com.

This happened years ago and  you're still talking about this? This was one siege out of hundreds. Let it go...

I wouldn't say AV is corrupt but they are a horrible company.

Everyone can agree that the Mercs exploited quite alot and AV didn't do much to stop it. But almost every person in the game cheated in their own way.

I was pissed that nothing was done but to hold a grudge this long is unbelievable

Back to the actual topic, if i had a nickel for everytime i bought a game and wasn't impressed. I would be a wealthy fellow. But I never demanded my money back.. it's only 15$...

This was the only siege where developers interfered and manually transfered a town against their own written siege rules.

Mercs was in a league of their own and Aventurine didnt care jackshit about the clans that had to deal with these cheaters.

Says alot about the mentality of Aventurine.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by phantomghost
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

Aventurine with Darkfall Unholy Wars is one of very few times in recent years I can recall a PRE ORDER cancellation not getting the funds back to the person who pre-ordered.  I mean who does that?  Aventurine.

If he had bought the game I could understand.  This is a pre-order though, and cancelling the order before release or shipment of goods for a full refund should be a no-brainer.  Obviously though, Aventurine is just that.

Of course Aventurine doesn't have to give pre-order cancellation fund returns, they can do whatever they want.  Which is probably why they are losing most of their customers...

Just another reason I support them. 

Big difference between a pre-order and a pre-order that lets you play the game until it is officially released.

Other games and MMOs offer the same.  Heck, some let you play the game in the early access and a few days into release before having to enter a retail code.

I'm just saying that there shouldn't be a problem with changing your mind on a pre-order and getting your money back.

Guild Wars 2 actually did this much better with its two options.  You could purchase the game early and not be able to cancel for a refund, and get more benifits - pre-purchase.  You could alternatively pre-order, and still get game time before release, but if you change your mind you could get the full deposit back.

Not only do other game developers do it right, but also other businesses such as Amazon, Gamestop, Best Buy, I mean the list goes on and on of companies and developer studios that let you cancel a pre-order and get your money back before release.

Aventurine desperately needs customers, but does everything wrong to piss them off they can.  Regardless of the quality of the game, it's piss poor business practice.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

Why would you care if you are banned after you get your money back?  Move on, unless you want to troll their forums.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Dovregubben
    Originally posted by MrDDT
    Sounds like AV did a pretty smart thing. You are disupting the charges, so clearly you don't want access to the game. You now have to wait til your dispute is over.

Where did he say he wont want to try the game later on?

There is nothing preventing him doing that is it?

Aside from having to make a new account to do so, no.  That's the thing, it would be easier on everyone, Aventurine included, to just revoke his product key or whatever else they use to detmine account access, than outright ban his account.  All it does is clutter up their records.

Of course, it's very possibly that they have a crappy account database, where product keys and accounts are somehow permanently tied together.  They certainly don't make the highest quality games, so I wouldn't be suprised to find out they have crappy database designs as well.

You make me like charity

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

Jed

Why would you care if you are banned after you get your money back?  Move on, unless you want to troll their forums.

Bingo...

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    Sounds like AV did a pretty smart thing. You are disupting the charges, so clearly you don't want access to the game. You now have to wait til your dispute is over.

Aside from having to make a new account to do so, no.  That's the thing, it would be easier on everyone, Aventurine included, to just revoke his product key or whatever else they use to detmine account access, than outright ban his account.  All it does is clutter up their records.

Of course, it's very possibly that they have a crappy account database, where product keys and accounts are somehow permanently tied together.  They certainly don't make the highest quality games, so I wouldn't be suprised to find out they have crappy database designs as well.

His credit card / paypal informations are blacklisted and most likely won't be able to purchase the product from the same company again with the same paypal acc. because chargebacks usually costs company more than you payed so they probably won't want to deal with you again.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by korent1991

His credit card / paypal informations are blacklisted and most likely won't be able to purchase the product from the same company again with the same paypal acc. because chargebacks usually costs company more than you payed so they probably won't want to deal with you again.

Which is why it's much better for companies to resolve the issue without having to deal with a chargeback, lol.  The spend less on the refund, and are more likely to get future business.  Like I said earlier, this is how smaller and less experienced companies tend to handle things; with emotion and ego, rather than good business rational.

They basically want to sell a product and offer no channel for a refund, and get upset when they have chargebacks, lol.  

You make me like charity

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by korent1991

should have contacted AV then instead of charging the money back without saying anything

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Jed

You have requested a refund from paypal, Anet banned your account... You know what that sounds like to me?

It sounds like you have or are receiving your refund, why would you assume you get to keep your account as well?

The more reasonable expectation is for them to simply remove his beta access.  They literally gain nothing when they ban accounts like this.  It's basically a situation where a small company is more willing to take petty, vindictive actioin against people that piss them off, rather than resolve the dispute in a proactive and professional manner in the first place.

The whole reason people have to have transactions like these cancelled in the first place is because the game company doesn't offer them any other choice.

While I agree every single MMO out there does this if you try to dispute a charge without going through the game company. I did it once on World of Warcraft as they charged me an extra month after I had told it to cancel. The bank refunded it, and my account there was banned as well. So it has nothing to do with a small company trying to be petty. 

Also the OP didn't try to get a refund from AV via support ticket, as they are allowing refunds up until release and have seen people that have gotten one after submitting a support ticket. So all this talk about offering other channels of refund, and ranting about how a small company handles business is completely moot. 

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Jed

You deserve to get banned,  your account was predicated on your pre-order payment. image

• uidCausticuidCaustic Member Posts: 128

You mean Tasos and AV are scamming money from hard working folks again?  That sucks, if only something like this happened before to give the masses an indication of how untrustworthy anything realated to Dark Fall is.

Oh, wait.  Déjà vu...

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I have no problem with people who exploit  companies refund policies having a hard time. The more often this happens, the less often dirtbags will try to scam the companies by pre-ordering to play beta for free and then canceling before release etc.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    OP deserved it.  
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Originally posted by Badaboom
    OP deserved it.  
    lol why people are so angry? anyone can be in the same situation, also panic and may be take wrong decision (like not to contact GM first, but I'm not sure it helps or it must be Blizzard GM; or pick up wrong game).

ban I guess is silly but legit decision of devs.
    all I care about in this post is:

OP got or not his money back? Please let us know!

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by Yanik

No Sirs, you misunderstand me, its the reason why he wants a refund that maked him an arse, the game is in beta, he pre-ordered a game, thats not finished, to allow him the right to beta acess, now he's whining about it.

What's the differrence between subsribing for beta or a finished product?     It's not even a real beta anyway.  If he can get his refund more power to  him.  To op:  don't whine about being banned, it's their game they can ban whoever they want to. 

Originally posted by bliss14
    Originally posted by Yanik

No Sirs, you misunderstand me, its the reason why he wants a refund that maked him an arse, the game is in beta, he pre-ordered a game, thats not finished, to allow him the right to beta acess, now he's whining about it.

What's the differrence between subsribing for beta or a finished product?     It's not even a real beta anyway.

What are you talking about, I assure you its a "real" beta

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    Threads like this is setting common sense back 900 years. When you request a refund... you're saying this individual "AV" commited fruad and frabricated fictional details of their product "That is still being worked on I might add and is not the complete product" and they in response to you calling them a fruadulent company is to ban you. How does this not make sense? How is this even arguable in the least? If a customer goes into a store claiming fruad making a company look bad a company will most likely ask that person not to return. Way the world logically works.
  • ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

i am a little confused.. if you don't like a game enough to go through PAYPAL to ask for a refund why the hell would you still try to log on? 

Second, to answer all the people that seem so interested in this post i am pretty sure he got his refund because he would probably make another rent thread part 2 about them banning and not giving money etc. 

LESSON FROM THIS OP don't ask for refunds when you still want to play the BETA. AFTER YOU QUIT then ask for it then problem solved. 

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Jed

Lol what? AV may be a shitty unprofessional company but you're even worse. Why do you think you're entitled to grab your money (the one you gave away willingly) without AV approval and get away with it WITHOUT any consequence??

You were unable to look at years of evidence who AV is and how they run the previous version of the game and it's state it was in for the time of it's short life??

/point

/laugh

• CracMonkiCracMonki Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by xerax
    Originally posted by Baleout

Good on them i dislike people that want their money back after trying it.

You buy it  you dont like it well its your fault.

Todays players are spoiled when it comes to this dont buy every game out there and you wont get burnt.

"You buy it  you dont like it well its your fault." - You have some messed up ideas my friend.

In the unregulated world of internet advertising where people can make all kinds of claims about their product (country dependant) it not unreasonable to expect a refund if you feel a company hasnt provided a product of sufficent standard or in line with their claims about the product.

You can buy a pair of shoes, a TV or baby products over the net and return them for a refund, why not games?

I really wish more comsumers of games would do this, We would see less hype and unrealistic promises about games .

Right now it feels like some developer PR people are using the same ethics manual as politicians.

But what you do not understand is that with any SOFTWARE you buy, you are not in anyway buying that software. You are buying a license to use that software. So in no way are you intittled to access once you dispute payment of the license. If you buy a TV, shoes or any other material product you are pating for that product. From that point on you own that product. You own all the materials that the product is made up of. When buying software you only buy the license to use the software. The coding that is used to make up the software still belongs to the developers.

He wanted a refund, AV got word from paypal that he wanted a refund. AV banned his account. Sounds legit to me.

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by Siveria

Game is going to be shit anyway just like the orignal, it was more than bugs that drove people away the game was just period. As an example anarchy online had one of the buggiest launches in mmo history even today and its still going strong because even at launch it was a good game if you could look past the bugs, where as darkfall/darkfall UW are both pretty much garbage. I suspect darkfall uw, will be dead about 3 months after release. Mostly due to how immature the pvp "community" is today. A game like this just cannot survive in todays market, however if they were to remove the lootable player corpses on any death thing, me and a few friends would be willing to try it out. But due to this one feature alone me ans a bunch of my buddies cannot be assed with darkfall uw. Were nto scared of pvp far from it, but i'd rather spend more time pvping insted of more time replacing my gear. Other games can give this, and are most likely far superior to darkfall uw. Anyway you guys will see what I say is true when the game is dead in about 3 months. Then i'll be back here saying "I told you so".

The fact they are taking pre-orders with no set date is fishy too.

Did you pre-order, and thus, play beta?

• WarleyWarley Member UncommonPosts: 508
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by KLECKO

So how much money is the Op talking about  ?  $ 60 ? $40 ? 30? no he crying over $15

If I go to the mall and buy xbox game .I open the game ,play the game ,and i dont like the game.Can I return it ? NO

[mod edit] It is not the amount of the money that is the issue. The issue is the false advertising by the company selling the product. So does not matter the cost. If you advertise a product does X, Y, Z and it does not do any of these things then you lied to the consumers and should be refunding the payment.

Also note Steam has already pulled the game and giving refunds for this reason.

Please point out the instances of false advertisement, please.

Originally posted by Yizle
    Originally posted by KLECKO

So how much money is the Op talking about  ?  $ 60 ? $40 ? 30? no he crying over $15

If I go to the mall and buy xbox game .I open the game ,play the game ,and i dont like the game.Can I return it ? NO

Also note Steam has already pulled the game and giving refunds for this reason.

So you're just making stuff up now? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=110245629

Both statement are 100% false.

1. The game is still Greenlit

2. It's not even available for purchase on steam yet

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

boohoohooo..

you took your money back and they banned you for it? normal behavior imo.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"