Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perma Banned For Wanting Refund

14567810»

Comments

• joshbaby03joshbaby03 Member Posts: 14

Today:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notification of Case Resolution
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear {EDITEDOUT},

We have concluded our investigation into this case. Unfortunately, at this
    time we are unable to decide this claim in your favor.

-----------------------------------
    Transaction Details
    -----------------------------------

Seller's Name: Aventurine SA
    Seller's Email: [email protected]
    Seller's Transaction ID: 1HE27513R7122831J

Transaction Date: Dec 16, 2012
    Transaction Amount: -$14.95 USD
    Invoice ID: AVNT00010954
    Your Transaction ID: 9N655392NF097702H
    Case Number: PP-002-156-182-381

Buyer's Transaction ID: 9N655392NF097702H

Sincerely,
    PayPal

The account has also been unbanned at this point.  Not the solution I was seeking, but it will have to do.  If anyone would like a Darkfall Unholy Wars account for 10 dollars, send me a pm...we'll arrange something.  All you fanbois can be happy that I'm stuck with a steaming pile.  =)

Jed

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    This is funny, some people actually think "Asking for refund, get no money back but the product get taken away from them" is normal. Well they are stealing from you, or in other words they are cheating you and what is fraud? In criminal law, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual. So technically speaking Joshbaby03 they are damaging you as an individual by taking your money. I don't know where you are from but there is such thing called "Consumer rights" which leads to the "Refund law". I mean the game isnt even officially launched yet, meaning not even the final product, so it's like watching a movie, the movie haven't even start yet and you changed your mind and wanted to not watch the movie, so you are entitled to get your money back.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by ucidaitaci
    This is funny, some people actually think "Asking for refund, get no money back but the product get taken away from them" is normal. .

Try reading the above post

"The account has also been unbanned at this point"

• MyownGodMyownGod Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    This is funny, some people actually think "Asking for refund, get no money back but the product get taken away from them" is normal. .

I was pointing when he was banned, and pretty much replying to those people who actually think that was the case. They did how ever banned him for wanting to get a refund, which quite unnecessary. 

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Hancakes

I was pointing when he was banned, and pretty much replying to those people who actually think that was the case. They did how ever banned him for wanting to get a refund, which quite unnecessary. 

Or they banned him for the duration of the Paypal dispute, which any company offering a service would do if you opened a dispute in Paypal.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by joshbaby03

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zdykab.jpg

Today I was banned for requesting PayPal to seek a refund from AV on my behalf due to their product not being as advertised, as well as not having any discernable release date.  I just want ya'll to know that they will ban you if you try to get your money back in any way possible, and more than likely you will not get anything back in the end.  This is fraud in my book, and I hope that MMORPG.com and other sites cover this...I don't know where to send this information so that it gets on the front page, but it needs to be.

Jed

Most companies will do this automatically if you do it through a chargeback.  If you do it through them it will not happen.  If they said no refunts then that is why you are now banned.

This happened to me with Mortal Online when the launch was delayed for soooo long.  I had not even recieved the released product (save as you with DF2) and my account was banned.  It is not an insult.  It is also a way for companies to prevent fraud etc.  I would not worry about it or take it personally.  This will happen through autimatic processes from whoever runs their payments etc.

Ah I see it was resolved.  yeah. . banning is part of that process.  A human likely didn't even have anything to do with it.  With MO I got my money back from that account because they could not even bother to respond to paypal in the given time frame.  I later bought the game and subbed for a bit but that old account is still technically banned.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

Ah I see it was resolved.  yeah. . banning is part of that process.  A human likely didn't even have anything to do with it.  With MO I got my money back from that account because they could not even bother to respond to paypal in the given time frame.  I later bought the game and subbed for a bit but that old account is still technically banned.

This one. Most account systems are set up so that if a charge-back is initiated or a paypal dispute, it will immediately and automatically disable the account associated so that the person can't continue using the service while also attempting to get their money back.

The fact that people are acting as though this is unprecedented, even though every company would do the same, is baffling. Try disputing a charge with your cable bill and see how long you have service.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

oh well, seems one more company did not accept refunds.

means: be very careful when you order anything from gaming industry, as they seems not covering customer's claim and able to sell you anything, even unfinished and such w/o any
    risk to pay you back.

very clever move!

again guys, think more then twice before pay anything new or anything you could regret.

still I don't understand PayPal policy, seems credit card will refund you after you declare it was wrong payment or you did not got payed product.

still debatable here as they sold you just Beta test. =D

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• BartDaCatBartDaCat Member UncommonPosts: 813
    PayPal stopped honoring refunds for digital purchases some time back.  Never EVER use PayPal as your pay-point for a digital item, rather use your bank as banks will not tolerate any sort of fraudulent activity, and will tend to honor your claims over the receiver of funds.