Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last hours of PathFinder Online kickstarter

124»

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Woke up this morning and saw that this made the goal. Great!

Then I saw the new poll for first big game addition and saw that Fast Travel & Mounts won.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Well let's hope they will create them in a way that does not make local markets, tactical movement in wars and travel obsolete.

Why are people in MMOs always in such a hurry? Especially in a game like this where your skill progress is tied to real time and there is little you can do to speed it up.

Well the first poll was actually regarding the next race being added (which is Gnome).  But yeah, I agree.   Mounts are a good feature if done right.  Fast Travel has to be implemented VERY carefully... otherwise as you say.. it destroys the whole reason behind local banking etc...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

Woke up this morning and saw that this made the goal. Great!

Then I saw the new poll for first big game addition and saw that Fast Travel & Mounts won.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Well let's hope they will create them in a way that does not make local markets, tactical movement in wars and travel obsolete.

Why are people in MMOs always in such a hurry? Especially in a game like this where your skill progress is tied to real time and there is little you can do to speed it up.

Well the first poll was actually regarding the next race being added (which is Gnome).  But yeah, I agree.   Mounts are a good feature if done right.  Fast Travel has to be implemented VERY carefully... otherwise as you say.. it destroys the whole reason behind local banking etc...

calm down guys, found this on top of page 2.

Goblinworks Lead Game Designer   <td messageboardprompt"="">

1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Valthalion wrote:

does fast travel mean some kind of automated travel, thus safe travel between settlements?

Fast travel means riding a horse from settlement to settlement via a road, so it is safer in that it's faster and on a well traveled route people would have more trouble causing trouble on, but people could still set an ambush.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Phew. Sounds legit then.

I already envisioned WoW style wyvern/gryphon masters and/or GW2 style teleportation and was like "WTF?! They can't do it in a game like this!"

So it's more like DAoC style pre-programmed horse route, with the difference that you can be attacked while riding?

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

Phew. Sounds legit then.

I already envisioned WoW style wyvern/gryphon masters and/or GW2 style teleportation and was like "WTF?! They can't do it in a game like this!"

So it's more like DAoC style pre-programmed horse route, with the difference that you can be attacked while riding?

he made another post later on..

source http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2p5pu&page=2?Poll-Pathfinder-Online-Crowdforging-Vote-2

Mounts and Fast Travel - Players will be able to train and buy/sell mounts they can ride around the world wherever they want. They most likely will not be used in combat initially; long term they will but mounted combat is a whole new animation set that basically doubles the animation work for combat. Players will also be able to book passage to another settlement via a fast travel service (if the settlements on both ends are friendly and both have the fast travel upgrades) that is cheaper than owning a mount, but only takes the player on a predefined path between settlements. This may be a horse, a wagon, whatever. Players are still attackable while using fast travel. Even without combat there are a lot of animations involved in riding.

Note fast travel is not teleporting. Only high level wizards can do that.

If this one isn't voted up we'll add the functionality at a later date.