Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets compare /played from 2012.

Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Wife says i game way too much. So im curious in 2012 what were the 5 most played games in your collection?

Just to compare. Atm im getting a bit of wife aggro even though ive cut my gaming time tremendously in the last few years.

Maybe she's right, maybe i do but since i dont have many RL friends that still game figured i should ask people that are also known to game quite a bit.

Top 5:

1. Diablo 3 ~600hrs

2. Guild Wars 2 ~400hrs

3. Skyrim ~220hrs

4. Mass Effect ~120hrs

5. Torchlight II ~70hrs

THose were my main games last year. I played others but nothing else was over the 10-15 hour mark. 

Edit: Typo's

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

Comments

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by Z3R01
     Wife says i game way too much. So im curious in 2012 what were the 5 most played games in your collection?Just to compare. Atm im getting a bit of wife aggro even though ive cut my gaming time tremendously in the last few years.Maybe he's right, maybe i do but since i dont have many RL friends that still game figured i should ask people that are also known to game quite a bit. Top 5:  1. Diablo 3 ~600hrs 2. Guild Wars 2 ~400hrs 3. Skyrim ~220hrs 4. Mass Effect ~120hrs 5. Torchlight II ~70hrs THose were my main games last year. I played others but nothing else was over the 10-15 hour mark.  

I been married 26 years to the same great wife. She is a gamer too. I learned over the years the key to making the wife happy, is she get's what she wants. If she does not get what she wants things tend to not go well, so you try to make sure she gets what she wants. Just saying. There are better ways to handle a situation like this that does no make the wife angry.

So you say you gamed 1110 hours add 200 to that for various other games you not listed. So I divided that by 4 hours a day, since your probably working and what not. That means that you gamed 327 days out of the year for 4 hours a day. Really that's not much I know folks who game 6 hours a day every day of the year.

I will make a suggestion for you. How about 2 times a month you put down your gaming find out what your wife likes to do and go do it. As you did not understand why she complaining about how much you game.

Trust me happy wife, is the way to go.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Most to least:

Unreal Classic

Morrowind

Darkstar One

AOC

Skyrim

Not even a guess on the hours played.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ScaryMonkScaryMonk Member Posts: 97

Most to least ( I was out of the country and away from all games for 6 months) 

Skyrim wins this by a country mile. 

Tried lots of others for a few hours here or there, didn't stay long though.  

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Skyrim
    Hotline Miami
    Planetside 2
    Torchlight 2
    Farcry 3
    Tsw
    Gw2
    Orcs must die 2
    Fly'n

Diablo 3
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Oh forgot dishonoured, played that through twice 2
  • DarthMajinDarthMajin Member Posts: 92

For me it's:

Arma 2 - DayZ mod

Borderlands 2

Dead Island

Saints Row The Third

Star Trek Online

Not sure on the hours but really hooked on DayZ at the moment. I too have a wife that doesn't like me playing games. But if you do things with her and keep her happy, you might find she will care about the games less.