Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is no MMO to play in 2013 ??

1235»

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Originally posted by Claum
    So what is the best choice of mmo right now??? to start playing now, something new if possible no pandas please.

Planetside 2 for MMOFPS, GW2 for themepark MMORPG, Age of Wushu for sandbox(y) MMORPG.

Themepark MMORPG runner-ups would be The Secret World and Rift (not new but recent expansion).

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Claum
    Eve if you like economy, crafting & politics
    Planetside 2 if you like pvp
    Tsw if you like dungeons and quests
    Rift if you like raids
    Gw2 for a jack of all trades (but master of none)
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by g4m3sh4rk

The perfect MMO for me, would be an mmorpg with nice graphics , lot of gore and blood, diablo style world with manga style pvp and characters , and created by Blizzard or NcSoft, they have this deep and nice artistic style and a way of makign games.  Lot's of heroes, skills, raids,  PvP, endgame.  Chance to level up with PvP or quests depends on you. 

Most important no stupid RMAH. and no boots, no cheating. Arana pvp also 1v1 arena because sometimes in public you can get bunch of idiots who don't know how to play and rush to death or just watch how their team is dying in teamfight, hooping for ks :D Yeah so why can't they create a game like this.

o_0 d3 pioneered the rmah....

Just play HC on D3 .. no RMAH. Or you can just ignore it .. it is not like there is no gAH.

Personally i like the RMAH. You can SELL. Real money hold value much better than gold. There is no inflation. And the transaction cost is much lower on the RMAH than the gold AH.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by g4m3sh4rk

o_0 d3 pioneered the rmah....

SOE pioneered rmah with Station Exchange back in 2005 - could sell your gear, gold, even your characters

http://www.gamespot.com/news/soe-announces-official-online-game-auction-site-6122623

D3 put the concept in the spotlight again, 7 years later

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Play WoW. MoP is an excellent expansion, even if the MMORPG.com staff excluded it from any of their lists.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    After 12 years of playing good games, sometimes waiting max 1 year for a good game to release!  now i left without any hopes to find a good game. All mmorpg's out there are booring, i heard gw2 failed, i was hoping for d3 !  but that failed big time, sc2 is for hardcore no life pro players  and right now i have only   dota2 to play , i would really need an mmorpg game.

Late to the dance... but you heard GW2 failed? You heard wrong. Still going strong, sold over 3 million copies in 2012 (last half or so of the year), plenty of people in there and continual free updates. It's well worth the look.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386
    So what should an older pvp mmo addict buy now to have some fun ? There is not only one mmo, where everybody agrees that it's awesome. Everybody just spends time on this mmo site to search something without any luck in my opinion. A few years ago you had wow , lineage 2 , even Aion . Aion turned into some f2p shit. I tried to play it but i had problems to find people for main quest. It's hard  to find something. I'm thinking  about this gw2 but so many negative feedback i got from posts.

Asheron's call 2 !!! Best game in last 10 yrs! Tell your friends!

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Originally posted by Volkon
    After 12 years of playing good games, sometimes waiting max 1 year for a good game to release!  now i left without any hopes to find a good game. All mmorpg's out there are booring, i heard gw2 failed, i was hoping for d3 !  but that failed big time, sc2 is for hardcore no life pro players  and right now i have only   dota2 to play , i would really need an mmorpg game.

Late to the dance... but you heard GW2 failed? You heard wrong. Still going strong, sold over 3 million copies in 2012 (last half or so of the year), plenty of people in there and continual free updates. It's well worth the look.

you heared D3 failed? You heard wrong. Still going strong, sold over 10m copies in 2012, plenty of people in there and continual free updates. It's well worth the look.

D3 is great, especially if you aren't jaded from hoping D3 = D2. It's a must buy for any ARPG fan!

• OglalaLakotaOglalaLakota Member Posts: 2
    'Path of Exile' goes to open beta on January 23, it's a great game I can attest to.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

you heared D3 failed? You heard wrong. Still going strong, sold over 10m copies in 2012, plenty of people in there and continual free updates. It's well worth the look.

Me? Nah, never bothered looking into D3.

Besides... isn't there some certain number that became infamous with D3? I can't recall what that is...

Oderint, dum metuant.

Originally posted by Psychow

D3 is great, especially if you aren't jaded from hoping D3 = D2. It's a must buy for any ARPG fan!

Yeah .. i am still playing it after so many month. The latest patch really made it a very good game. If you check xfire, it is still going strong in the top 10.

Originally posted by OglalaLakota
    'Path of Exile' goes to open beta on January 23, it's a great game I can attest to.

I just got into the closed beta. I would say there are interesting ideas, and i like some of the set up, but it lacks polish.

Oh, Torchlight 2 and Borderlands 2 are two other games that i would recommend checking out, if you like ARPG.

• darkkblackdarkkblack Member Posts: 38
    Have you guys ever tried eve online? I am so over swords and spells. This is a refreshing change of pace and I have always wanted to own my own millenium falcon. Try being a pirate for a while! With the new expansion the lower tier ships pack a bigger punch and easy to get a fight. Plenty of time before the new mmos come out. 14 days free so why not.

• ClaumClaum Member Posts: 63

I buoyed Gw2 and I also installed back D3 and Sc2.  To bad there was no trial for GW2 because the first 30 min of Gw2 for me was  a junk.  First thing you need to do in the game  is to interact with cows and pigs , and put some water on the field. There was some stupid event in the start when some centaurs where runing inside the castle with a suicide attempt. ( they succeded)

Than one of the centaur raised some weird giant thing from trees and catle. I had the feeling i play a game that is made for 5 year old kids.
    Than the event started , it's like in Warhammer Online but shityer, you just spam the keyboard , making awesome moves but actually you can not feel the hype like in other games when you hit an enemy. All enemy's are dumb the combat is very shallow. I think in mmo the most important part is the combat. 

Some people told me in the in game that it's awkward in the start but you get use to it.  I will give the game another try but i can not play more than half hour, because it's so boring.  Enemy's don't bleed , they do not fall in parts. Mostly i just spam buttons and the whole graphics looks like a stable painting.  What is it so great about this game ? I already played events on Warhammer Online , that game was better than this.

What is wrong woth game creators today and why is everybody so positive about this game. I just spend 50 euros for this booring game for kids.

• xArsonistxxArsonistx Member Posts: 31
    After the last 4 years of searching for a mmo to play or any game for that matter that wasn't wow. I have more or less given up on the gaming industry. Every game is a let down one after another all cannon fodder trash. They are like the vendor trash you pick up in the games just don't mean anything. GW2 really lied to me and everyone I dont even consider this a triple aaa mmo.

This might not be popular and I want to say I hate acti/blizz but I have come to the conclusion that this is the only company that can produce a triple AAA mmo that will keep people playing more then 3 months. Maybe its just money an power that let them be able to do this I don't know but what I do know is that no other game has even come close to it and its said considering the game came out what 2004? an here we are 2013 and nothing?

So IMO we are all stuck waiting for Titan. If I am to be optimistic I would say the only chance is Archeage and its slim.

So why the F did people on this forum told me that GW2 is a good game, thx all! I waisted 50 euro !!! There is not even a f trial so i can see if it's good or not. Tera had some trial version so you can see how awfull that game is. I will give Gw2 more time but right now it's booring and it's nothing special I'm disapointed.
    After buying dozens of AAA mmos and all failed why should I even think to buy Archage or Blade or other hyped mmos that sucks even in the first minutes you play.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by darkkblack
    Have you guys ever tried eve online? I am so over swords and spells. This is a refreshing change of pace and I have always wanted to own my own millenium falcon. Try being a pirate for a while! With the new expansion the lower tier ships pack a bigger punch and easy to get a fight. Plenty of time before the new mmos come out. 14 days free so why not.

I spent almost six years in EVE. It has some of the best space graphics that exist right now.  It also has a lot of depth and complexity for those who want to look for it.  I spent all of my time in high sec, running missions and doing a bit of mining. But after almost 6 years, the PvE grind finally wore me out.  I'm just not interested in PvP, but for those who are, it might be a good game.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Bring on ARCHEAGE plz!!!! gahhh

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• newchemicalsnewchemicals Member Posts: 43
    So why the F did people on this forum told me that GW2 is a good game, thx all! I waisted 50 euro !!! There is not even a f trial so i can see if it's good or not. Tera had some trial version so you can see how awfull that game is. I will give Gw2 more time but right now it's booring and it's nothing special I'm disapointed. After buying dozens of AAA mmos and all failed why should I even think to buy Archage or Blade or other hyped mmos that sucks even in the first minutes you play.

Its why I don't read positive reviews from people. I head straight for the negative ones. You can easily filter out bad posts and the well written ones will often have a good breakdown of what the game does well and fails at.

Same thing when I was shopping for a smartphone. Ask a droid user, they say buy a droid. I ask an iphone user they say buy an iphone. Who gives me the best answers? The droid users who say buy an iphone and iphone users who say buy a droid phone. Not many, but they can actually tell you what both phones do well and what they don't do well.

The MMO market has been in decline for years, you might be much better off with an older game where the bugs have been mostly fixed and the game has a few year track record of gameplay and reviews.

Just my $.02

It's sad but there is a big need for a good  mmo and than Ncsoft ddecided to create Lineage3 a hackn slash rpg that looks like an Ipad game where you have to touch the screen with fingers but instead of that you are doing it with your mouse.  And people get hyped up on that shit. I don't know but it's like Blizz and Ncsoft went crazy. And this Jay Wilson news is even more awfull. I think He will destroy all Blizz games. I don't know i sound like a bit negative but older mmos did a great job, they put something down on the table. They raised the bars and new games are failing after eachother.
  • A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Everything looks like a grey mass from here to horizon. Then there's ArcheAge that brings some color to the sea. Once the ships get boring, we'll see how to game fairs.
  • nukempronukempro Member Posts: 76

Truly good games are hard to come by these days. As far as mmo's go, there are a couple options...but nothing groundbreaking really. Wyldstar, Acheage,Age of Wushu,FF 14 ARR and a few more...so there are some coming its just the only ones that remotely interest me are Wyldstar and FF 14. I would jump on the Archeage bandwagon...but I something about boring games I Just don't like.