Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is no MMO to play in 2013 ??

Comments

• iamflymoloiamflymolo Member Posts: 152

No offense to the OP, but I think this is the perfect representation as to why mmo's can't become the next WoW. We are now in the generation of gamers that was weaned on the Xbox - buy a game, play it until it's finished, buy another game. People who inhabited EQ, WoW, CoH, and LotRO were looking for a place to live and exist for the long haul and those games were successful for the long haul and didn't experience the kind of crazy six month drops that all of today's games suffer. Now Trion releases RIFT, but SWTOR was just around the corner - and then Tera, then TSW, then GW2 and now... whatever's next.

But to answer the OP, there are a lot of amazing games to play in 2013. WoW, GW2, Rift, Star Trek Online I found to be a very nice surprise, TSW, DDO is crazy unique if you've got a team to play it with, EVE, CO if you like Superheroes, Path of Exile if you like dungeon crawls - just to name a few.

But I guess you meant new and shiny. For something new I'm really enjoying Age of Wushu - very rough around the edges but also a lot of new ideas for an mmo. Archeage might release by the end of 2013 if we're lucky. Wildstar probably is coming up later this year or early next. Defiance if you like 3rd person shooters. Lots of great games that you can play for a few months while you wait for the next one.

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

you guys are nucking futz there is SO MANY new and possibly great games coming in 2013 I dont know why you guys dont seem to think we got a great year of gaming ahead of us..

I am not going to list every game but I will list the games I am looking forward to trying.

Darkfall Unholy wars - competative PvP

ff14 f2p / tera f2p - I never bought these games so the f2p looks fun to me

Elder scrolls online - Loved oblivion / skyrim got high hopes for this but may flop

Marvel heros - diablo style combat with super heros prob a fun time killer

Never winter nights - Believe its no PvP which is huge turnoff for me but gotta admit combat looked fun could be worth a shot.

archeage - 2014 for english sadly but def looks like a game worth a try

Plus xpacs for gw2 / wow

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

It's not Neverwinter Nights! It's not a sequeal either. The developers said as such in their videos. It's just plainly called Neverwinter

• PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267

Xsyon!

The only game to play!

• coltonjeffersoncoltonjefferson Member Posts: 33
     Archeage, Neverwinter, Path of Exile, Elder Scrolls Online, Defiance, and Wildstar are on my Watch List for this year. :)
  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by Claum
    After 12 years of playing good games, sometimes waiting max 1 year for a good game to release!  now i left without any hopes to find a good game. All mmorpg's out there are booring, i heard gw2 failed, i was hoping for d3 !  but that failed big time, sc2 is for hardcore no life pro players  and right now i have only   dota2 to play , i would really need an mmorpg game.

GW2 haven't failed.

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    After 12 years of playing good games, sometimes waiting max 1 year for a good game to release!  now i left without any hopes to find a good game. All mmorpg's out there are booring, i heard gw2 failed, i was hoping for d3 !  but that failed big time, sc2 is for hardcore no life pro players  and right now i have only   dota2 to play , i would really need an mmorpg game.

Then go back to those good games.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Lots of games to play in 2013.

Still playing D3.

Marvel Heroes, Firefall, probably more STO and PS2. My problem in 2013 is not enough time since I also play SP video games, read, watch movies ... so it would be a miracle if i got to do all the MMOing i want to.

• benn08benn08 Member Posts: 15
    Eve Online if no one made that post yet.
  • PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Claum: if you enjoy PvP, you owe it to yourself to check out Vendetta. It's one of the game's great assets.

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Here's hoping 2013 is the best year for MMOs yet. (At least for one of them!)

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I'm waiting for Defiance , Otherland , Phantasy Star Online 2 and Destiny. I want to try Defiance on the 360 ( not sure what the model will be yet and I'm not sure it will keep my interest as i prefer to see levels ). Otherland just looks interesting. PSO 2 is a little grindy , I played it for 3 weeks but can't speak a word of Japanese. Mind you the emergency missions in that game , gave me possibly the most fun i have ever had in an mmo , it was the amount of loot on the floor near hundreds of corpses , I had to send items to my storage like every 5 seconds was barmy. So I eagerly await the Western release. As for Destiny , well A full on MMOFPS by Bungie really makes me smile , let's hope it's great.

You might have noticed I'm a bit of a sci-fi mmo fan :)

Anyways as others have stated try one or some and see how you like them , there has to be something you will like in 2013.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Archeage.....

Won't be out for american release in 2013... maybe 14.

• GaoxinGaoxin Member UncommonPosts: 198

So you guys say that Archage could give me lot of fun like WoW and Lineage 2 did in the old days ?? :)

To read Lineage 2 and fun in the same sentenence. I didn't think it was possible.^^

• ClaumClaum Member Posts: 63

The perfect MMO for me, would be an mmorpg with nice graphics , lot of gore and blood, diablo style world with manga style pvp and characters , and created by Blizzard or NcSoft, they have this deep and nice artistic style and a way of makign games.  Lot's of heroes, skills, raids,  PvP, endgame.  Chance to level up with PvP or quests depends on you. 

Most important no stupid RMAH. and no boots, no cheating. Arana pvp also 1v1 arena because sometimes in public you can get bunch of idiots who don't know how to play and rush to death or just watch how their team is dying in teamfight, hooping for ks :D Yeah so why can't they create a game like this.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    The Secret World is fun but different. Elder Scolls Online may be good. GW2 did not fail but lacks endgame. SWTOR is fun for F2P. AoC has gotten a lot better. Age of Wushu is decent. Personally I am playing the AAA games that went F2P until someting like the Repopulation comes out. D3, SC2, and dota are not MMOs so I cant really offer counters to them. I hear TL2 and LoL are fun.
  • IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Forgot to mention Rift. It is a solid game and with the expansion it has a ton of content. It is a WoW clone but done right. Much better done than SWTOR. It has dynamic events wich can get irritating at times but can be crazy fun especially when there are invasions.

I'm still watching GW2 youtube videos , the graphics are awesome but all the author's in the video are  saying that,  there is no endgame and it's booring, they going back to wow.  In the comments , you can read the same: there is no endgame.

So why should i waste 2 ,3 months on a game if i stop playing it?

I did the same with D3, i killed all bosses in inferno,  than i started to farm items, than i realized that's booring , the endgame is the actual farming and that is not so funny.  I actually heard that Gw2 is like diablo3.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I'm still watching GW2 youtube videos , the graphics are awesome but all the author's in the video are  saying that,  there is no endgame and it's booring, they going back to wow.  In the comments , you can read the same: there is no endgame.

So why should i waste 2 ,3 months on a game if i stop playing it?

I did the same with D3, i killed all bosses in inferno,  than i started to farm items, than i realized that's booring , the endgame is the actual farming and that is not so funny.  I actually heard that Gw2 is like diablo3.

you cant know what is like or if you will like it until you try the game

I ask you back - why play any mmo if you are not going to play it for 3+ months?

i get sick/bored of WOW after 6 weeks  but I still return to WOW occasionally for short stints

even at launch, back in 2004 -- i quit WOW in boredom after 2 months, but I still had fun during the 2 months

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Wow is diablo in mmo form
    Gw2 is slightly different
  • g4m3sh4rkg4m3sh4rk Member Posts: 40

The perfect MMO for me, would be an mmorpg with nice graphics , lot of gore and blood, diablo style world with manga style pvp and characters , and created by Blizzard or NcSoft, they have this deep and nice artistic style and a way of makign games.  Lot's of heroes, skills, raids,  PvP, endgame.  Chance to level up with PvP or quests depends on you. 

Most important no stupid RMAH. and no boots, no cheating. Arana pvp also 1v1 arena because sometimes in public you can get bunch of idiots who don't know how to play and rush to death or just watch how their team is dying in teamfight, hooping for ks :D Yeah so why can't they create a game like this.

o_0 d3 pioneered the rmah....

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

You heard GW2 failed? Have you tried it for yourself... now i am not fan of the game infact i find it boring.. but i only found that out by giving he game a go..

D3 and SC2 are not MMOs..

There are a few upcoming MMOs this year that look pretty good..

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Depends on what you want. PvP, PvE or some combination there of.  The games I'm looking forward to in 2013 are WildStar, Final Fantasy IVX (A Realm Reborn) and Defiance.  I'd have added Firefall, but its unknown if its going to launch in 2013 or 2014.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/

http://defiance.com/en/game/?CAS_REDIR=true

http://www.firefallthegame.com/game/?gclid=CJiV6dut6rQCFehDMgod_iAAXQ

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    So what is the best choice of mmo right now??? to start playing now, something new if possible no pandas please.
  • QuervoQuervo Member Posts: 4
    Seems alot of people don't know about POE (http://www.pathofexile.com/. ), great game, diverse skill tree/ builds, nice devs, and good replayability.   I read through quite a few responses but didn't see any mention.  I've been playing in CB for about 6 months, pop over to the site or check out some vidoes on youtube.