Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is no MMO to play in 2013 ??

Comments

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

Kartelli tried to make sound like Archeage will have a sort of restricted pvp, when in reality AA will be more "pvp-friendly" than Lineage 2 itself.

As a example: the punishment for PK in Lineage 2 were harsh (risk to lose itens that took weeks or months to get, loss of xp that took much time to earn), and were aplicable to any PKer (except clan members at war).

In Archeage, the punishment will be "only" a time in jail, with the possibility to flee, to be acquited by others players or even the PK not be reported... and this only with members of the same faction and in the southern continents. You can kill freely members of the oposit faction and anyone in the northern continent. You can be a pirate and be able to free kill anyone too.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Theodwulf
    I am having the same MMO ennui, right now I mess around with planetside 2  and shopping for single playergames just as a distraction.  I doubt that we are alone in this feeling. My hard core Wow playing friends told me their beloved WoW is only good for a time sink these days...dark days indeed.

+1 for the use of ennui

• KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Personally I'm looking forward to Archeage, Repopulation, Pathfinder, EQ Next, and Titan.  Hopefully one, or more, of them go live this year.
  • OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    BT Twilight War: After the Fa.. Sci-Fi General C.. 2013 Yes P $15.00 8.09
    BT Taikodom Sci-Fi Hoplon In.. 2013 Yes D FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    D Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm.. Fantasy Square En.. 2013 ? R P $12.99 8.22
    D Warhammer 40K: Dark Millen.. Sci-Fi Vigil Gam.. 2013 Yes R TBA 8.14
    BT End of Nations Sci-Fi Petroglyp.. 2013 Yes RD FM Item Mall 8.04
    BT Line of Defense Sci-Fi 3000AD In.. 2013 Yes D H TBA Req.Votes
    BT Salem Historical Seatribe 2013 Yes D FM Item Mall 7.55
    BT Transformers Universe Sci-Fi Jagex Gam.. 2013 Yes TBA 7.45
    D World of Warships Historical Wargaming.. 2013 Yes D FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    BT SMITE Fantasy Hi-Rez St.. 2013 Yes D FM Item Mall 8.03
    BT Otherland Sci-Fi RealU 2013 Yes RD FM Item Mall 7.96
    D Origins Of Malu Fantasy Burning D.. 2013 Yes RD P TBA 8.20
    BT Wizardry Online Fantasy Gamepot, .. 2013 ? RD FM Item Mall 6.77
    D Dragon's Prophet Fantasy Runewaker.. 2013 ? FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    BT The Missing Ink Fantasy RedBedlam 12/31/13 Yes F free Req.Votes
    D The Repopulation Sci-Fi Above and.. Q4 2013 ? TBA 8.39
    BT Prime World Fantasy Nival 2013 Yes FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    BT SmashMuck Champions Sports Kiz Studi.. 2013 Yes D FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    BT Grimlands Sci-Fi Drago Ent.. 12/31/13 Yes TBA Req.Votes
    BT Phantasy Star Online 2 Fantasy Sonic Tea.. 2013 ? D FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    D Elder Scrolls Online Fantasy Zenimax O.. 2013 ? TBA 8.13
    D Core Blaze Fantasy RedGate G.. 2013 Yes TBA Req.Votes
    BT Cartoon Universe Super-Hero Warner Br.. 2013 ? F free Req.Votes
    D City of Steam Fantasy Mechanist.. 2013 Yes FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    D Ultima Forever: Quest for .. Fantasy BioWare M.. 2013 ? D F free Req.Votes
    D Wind of Luck Fantasy Trazzy En.. 2013 Yes D TBA Req.Votes
    D Eldevin Fantasy Hunted Co.. 2013 ? FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    D Theralon Fantasy Infernum .. 2013 Yes D H TBA Req.Votes
    D The Aurora World Fantasy Aurora In.. 2013 Yes TBA Req.Votes
    D Storybricks Fantasy Storybric.. 12/30/13 ? R H $5.00 Req.Votes
    D Wizards and Champions Fantasy Ameridat Q2 2013 Yes D F free Req.Votes
    D Defiance Sci-Fi Trion Wor.. Q2 2013 ? R P TBA 8.31
    D SideQuest Fantasy Fractal E.. Q2 2013 Yes FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    BT WorldAlpha Real Life Big Impac.. Q1 2013 Yes FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    D Visions of Zosimos Fantasy Forever I.. Q1 2013 Yes D FM Item Mall Req.Votes
    D Darkfall: Unholy Wars Fantasy Aventurin.. Q1 2013 Yes D P TBA 8.32
    D Topia Online Fantasy Topia Onl.. Q1 2013 Yes F free Req.Votes
    D Sword of Destiny: Rise of .. Fantasy Kuroato M.. Q1 2013 Yes F free Req.Votes
    D Neverwinter Fantasy Cryptic S.. Q1 2013 No RD FM Item Mall 8.35
    BT Age of Wushu Fantasy Snail Gam.. 02/13/13 Yes D H TBA 8.24

That of course isnt including several other games like Archeage and several others.   I do believe AA will be released in the west this year. Its being released in Asia now and usualy takes 6-8 months to hith the west. But Jake Song said they have been already working on an english version so may be sooner.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Well ti is safe to say I will be trying FFXIV and maybe TSO but other than that I have no plans to purchase any mmo in 2013.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Claum
    After 12 years of playing good games, sometimes waiting max 1 year for a good game to release!  now i left without any hopes to find a good game. All mmorpg's out there are booring, i heard gw2 failed, i was hoping for d3 !  but that failed big time, sc2 is for hardcore no life pro players  and right now i have only   dota2 to play , i would really need an mmorpg game.

You heard wrong.

Besides there are plenty of games coming out this year I am excited for.  Namely Neverwinter and Elder Scrolls Online.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Anet would probably disagree about GW2 failing. But what do they know, they are just the ones making all the money from it.

• ClaumClaum Member Posts: 63
    Does Neverwinter have nice pvp endgame?? or is it just a singleplayer attitude game because you got plenty of them already.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    It doesn't look pvp orientated at all to Me. If it has pvp I would expect wow / rift / swtor / eq2 style shite.
  • RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 828

I hear ya OP, I played MMO's pretty seriously since the days of Asheron's Call, EQ and Ultima Online and nowadays I am bored with all the MMO's out there; I'm so tired of thempark games and the few sandboxes out there just don't interst me (aside from maybe Age of Wushu which I am trying to get into). There are some MMO's on the horizon that I am really looking forward to. Tops on my list are The Repoulation and Defiance. Also keeping an eye on ArcheAge and Pathfinder Online. Slightly interested in Nevrewinter and The Elder Scrolls Online, but they both seem like themepark games and not so sure I will take to them.

There is no MMO to play in 2013 for me...yet. I have been fortunate to get into the beta for one of the games I listed and I enjoyed the brief period I got to test it out. So there's one on the list for 2013.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Archeage.....

We can hope they have it this year for US/Europe. If not it'll be 2014 :( 

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• HappyFunBallHappyFunBall Member UncommonPosts: 221
    After 12 years of playing good games, sometimes waiting max 1 year for a good game to release!  now i left without any hopes to find a good game. All mmorpg's out there are booring, i heard gw2 failed, i was hoping for d3 !  but that failed big time, sc2 is for hardcore no life pro players  and right now i have only   dota2 to play , i would really need an mmorpg game.

I'm with you.  I've been waiting for a good MMO for what seems like years.

I did enjoy GW2 for a while, but eventually ran out of things to do and got bored.  It's a solid game, but I guess I get bored easily when I run out of places to explore.

Been looking for a sandbox game myself, but WITHOUT the obligatory ganking and FFA loot.  I miss games like UO where you can explore, don't have a set path, and you are rewarded for exploring my finding useful items.

But, the only games I find this in are sandbox games that allow FFA pvp, ganking, griefing, etc.

Personally, I do not understand how anyone, besides a griefer would enjoy a game that freely allows completely mindless griefing, ganking, and FFA looting.  Yeah, it's so much fun to start up one of these games, gather equipment for 2-3 hours, then get ganked buy a high level player (hiding in a bush) and have everything you worked so hard for stolen in 10 seconds.

To me, that's the equivalent of going to the mall, beating the shit out of children, taking their clothes, toys, their ice cream, etc.  I see NO difference with FFA pvp with 0 level restrictions on who you can attack and mindlessly kill.

At least in real life, their parents can rip your head off for doing this... so, there are repercussions to crimes like this in real life.  I tried a few sandbox games last year and hated each one of them.  I thought a couple had promise, until I was ganked repeatedly, and I couldn't even fight back, or even get my character going in any way.  Each time I'd start to gather anything, it was killed or robbed, making it an absolutely miserable experience.

People who defend these games say they are realistic, and that could not be further from the truth, hence my example above.  Also, when you commit a crime, there are things called police that will toss you in jail, ya know, or shoot you, and so on. Hell, innocent bystanders may get involved and put you through a wall for stealing from a weaker, innocent person.  I would, in a heartbeat.  Hell, I look forward to the opportunity.

Sandbox games are basically complete chaos.  Killing just to kill is just too mindless for me, and ganking provides zero challenge to the high level player.  They just do it because they can.  They're games are for anti-social jerks, bascially.

I also compare it to driving a tracktor-trailer on the highway and trying to hit and destroy as many other cars as you can, or maybe even driving a tank.  What's the point, or challenge?  There is none.

So where's a game with sandbox elements, is also a AAA title, unlike Mortal Online, a game that looks and feels 10 years old, if not made by a few HS kids for a school project.  I couldn't find ONE thing I liked about that game.  It's awful.

Where is a game where I can go off in any direction and explore, like UO with an engine that isn't 10+ years old (isn't that 15 years old now?), with *some* protection from gankers and griefers.  Maybe the ability to hire guards would be nice, or a teleport spell to get you out of trouble.

I just can't seem to find a game that I want to play these days.  I'm sick of the Asian grinders.. they all look identical and play the same as well.  They even follow the EXACT same formula.  Go to newbie area one, kill the mobs that repeatedly and endlessly spawn there, and when you level, move on to newbie area 2, rinse, wash, repeat.  HOW BORING.

Still waiting for a game like UO with 2013 technology.

I also forgot to mention how exceptionally lame it is to be fighting a monster, almost dead, and then some jerk comes along and 1 hits you, takes your stuff, and finishes off the last 5% of the health from the monster you were killing, and takes that loot too.  Yep, that's AWESOME!!!

Again, that's like being in a street fight which is evenly matched, and both of you are near spend, then some jerk comes along, shoots you both in the head, then takes BOTH of your wallets.  Why would a game designer even allow something like this is a game.  Where the fun in it, and where's the challenge?

So what should an older pvp mmo addict buy now to have some fun ? There is not only one mmo, where everybody agrees that it's awesome. Everybody just spends time on this mmo site to search something without any luck in my opinion. A few years ago you had wow , lineage 2 , even Aion . Aion turned into some f2p shit. I tried to play it but i had problems to find people for main quest. It's hard  to find something. I'm thinking  about this gw2 but so many negative feedback i got from posts.
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    So what should an older pvp mmo addict buy now to have some fun ? There is not only one mmo, where everybody agrees that it's awesome. Everybody just spends time on this mmo site to search something without any luck in my opinion. A few years ago you had wow , lineage 2 , even Aion . Aion turned into some f2p shit. I tried to play it but i had problems to find people for main quest. It's hard  to find something. I'm thinking  about this gw2 but so many negative feedback i got from posts.

I would not put much stock in many of the negative reviews unless they also list the positive, GW2 is a very good exploring game with great graphics , above average Pvp, fairly open world and good combat and good crafting if you can figure it out. I personally liked GW1 a bit better because it had a excellent PvP vs very good for GW2 and I liked the linier PvE experience in Gw1 a bit more

Hahhahaha funny comment , from witch game is this GW2 ??? :D

I mean seriously after game company's creating awesome games in the past, I would expect something even better to come out where I can play at least, 2 years!!!!  I got bored of swtor in 1 - 2 weeks, there is nothing innovative there, and I swear I could have better pvp idea for that game. Just for example, you could enter pvp area with you ship where a group, could invade your ship. There is tons of idea that could work in SWTOR.  Even I have good ideas for a game but big companies fail today. I think these games are made for kids and only thinking on income when creating a game. I have thousands of ideas for mmos, I just don't know what’s wrong with this game creators today!!!

For example Blizzard, such a successful wow game, millions of income than they released Diablo 3 after delays. The game tries to rip of idiots with RMAH and that's it.  D3 is a market: D and there is you the worker and there is Blizzard the underworld mafia boss who  takes 15 % of everything sold on RMAH. I don’t wish to work in a game I do that in real life. I go play to have fun. Common seriously this is so obvious I think I vomit from that company.  Than again every overrated mmo goes into F2P in this days they just all suck.

SWTOR, Tera, Aion ,    Funcom’s Secret World ( I didn’t even check that game on youtube lol )

Goes F2P , but it’s not actually f2p because its Suck 2 play if you don’t pay.  I wish I would be the head director of a game company I would get a few millions of subscribers. It’s not big challenge you just take what was a success and create it.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Did you hear GW2 failed?

No,it did not.

Better check it out by yourself...you ´ll probably get surprised ;)

• fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125

I don't know how you can say that sc2 is for hardcore no life pro players. It's like saying chess is for hardcore no life pro players lol. And you know there are lots of fun custom games you can play on sc2. You don't have to play ladder if you don't want to (because you suck so bad and refuse to improve so you blame it on "no lifers" lol). 

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

FFXIV: ARR is where I'll be alongside EVE.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Instead of looking for the "new" game, do what I do..............fall back to the old.

Sc2

Originally posted by fayknaym

I don't know how you can say that sc2 is for hardcore no life pro players. It's like saying chess is for hardcore no life pro players lol. And you know there are lots of fun custom games you can play on sc2. You don't have to play ladder if you don't want to (because you suck so bad and refuse to improve so you blame it on "no lifers" lol). 

Well maybe. but when sc2 was in the first months i was in the diamond league and i had no life ,  it was very hard to get into the first league, i broke some keyboards and mouse, it has also some repetitive gameplay .  For example bronze players tend to do the same shit tactics and diamonds doing diamon tactics, just a few exceptional players i meet who had some tricky awesome tactics. Sc2 was fun, but to keep up with pros it's life and nerv chalenging.

• dadante666dadante666 Member UncommonPosts: 402

only mmo u mention was gw2 others gamer are strategy if mmo is not your type then play strategy games  and also gw2  is not and never there was a review as a fail ,just some random personal comment from kids saying that ,dont mean you wont like it until you play it and see for yourself only bad thing ican say it just run out fastof content once max cap unless you are the dung type person and dont mind doing it over and over again.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Neverwinter is coming soon and The Elder Scrolls Online too.

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

So you want a game that doesn't take a lot of time so you won't be a "no lifer", but it has to be exciting enough to not be classified as "booring".  You will also require someone to tell you whether it is a success or not before you play, since you will rely on their word alone.

I'm stumped.  I can't think of any game for you.

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    I'd kill for a hard-sci-fi game with no PvP (or PvP that you can totally opt out of) that has a good community.  That's three things that are damn hard to come by.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None