Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is no MMO to play in 2013 ??

Comments

• ClaumClaum Member Posts: 63
    Yeah, btw Ff14 real reborn would be a nice idea I'm playing ff4 on phone at the moment, i really like that world, but ff14 looks still a bit slow like turn based combat, and thats kind of strange in the mmo world and i think there wont be any decent pvp there so than i jsut might play devil may cry 5 and final fantasy 3 as single player afor few days, i think maybe gw2 got lot of potential for some funy gameplay hours
    I didnt play any mmo for a year or two. The last mmo I played it was Aion and it was pretty ok, i was waiting Diablo 3 , that failed so now I'm playing Dota 2 wich is fun but's a moba game but i played so much mmos that i already know what is my favorite mmo type and there is no such out right now. Lineage 3 would be fun if it where  mmo but its rpg like diablo 3 .
  • Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by Claum
    After 12 years of playing good games, sometimes waiting max 1 year for a good game to release, now i left with any hope with a good game release now or in the future. All mmorpg are booring, i heard gw2 failed, i was hoping for d3 that failed big time, sc2 is for hardcore no life pro and i play dota2 , i really need a good mmorpg

Your grammer hurts my eyes... and your lack of MMO knowledge hurts my brain... welcome to the site btw...

• allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124
    I have high hopes for Neverwinter because it's one of the few that seems to harken back to the glory days of a truely story based adventure that requires brainpower instead of just button smashing.  I hope, but would not be at all surprised to be let down.  
  • EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326

So you guys say that Archage could give me lot of fun like WoW and Lineage 2 did in the old days ?? :) but pvp kind of looks slow and the fight seems long and booring . I will take a deep look in Archage than but after playing so much time and having no game to play is pretty depressive :D

Allow me to help out there, I was in the CBT5 test, combat is about as  fast as World of Warcraft honestly. Great effort is focused on synergy between people though. An example would be the Ice arrow.

4 seconds cooldown

2 seconds cast time

does xx amount of damage

slows the  target for 4 seconds (important!)

Now when two slow effects from ice arrow stack on the target, it is encased in a block of ice for 30 seconds, quite similar to the ice trap in WoW.

What is important about this though, if you read the tooltip I gave, one person alone can never achieve this 30 second CC, you need another person casting at the same time roughly.

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by Phaserlight
    What if I told you I've been playing and enjoying the same MMORPG for 9 years, met the lead developer in person, and know others who have been playing for 10 years?

I would say tell me the name of this MMO so that I can look into it, and don't you dare say something I've already played or else I'll cry!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by Enerzeal
    Originally posted by Phaserlight
    What if I told you I've been playing and enjoying the same MMORPG for 9 years, met the lead developer in person, and know others who have been playing for 10 years?

I would say tell me the name of this MMO so that I can look into it, and don't you dare say something I've already played or else I'll cry!

9 years and still having fun, there aren't much alternatives :)

i'd go for wow. if you liked it once, there is basically no reason not to play it atm. unless you (personal opinion) are bored by it, which i wouledn't understand then hehe

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

So you guys say that Archage could give me lot of fun like WoW and Lineage 2 did in the old days ?? :) but pvp kind of looks slow and the fight seems long and booring . I will take a deep look in Archage than but after playing so much time and having no game to play is pretty depressive :D

ArcheAge has siege battles if you join a faction on the 3rd continent.  Or you can become a pirate and hunt other players / sink their ships on the open seas, etc.  Steal crops from other players, murder players, go to jail, and such.

But it's not a PVP-centric game.  So if you are looking for instant action PVP everytime you switch the game on, you might stick with your other games, or try LoL.

ArcheAge has a big appeal to those interested in sandbox elements, with a mix of PVE, PVP, crafting, house decorating, teraforming (3rd continent), player-to-player relations / interactions, and so on.  Unless, it gets "westernized".

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

I'm really looking forwerd to ff XIV ARR aswell. I'm betting alot of us old veterans of ffxi will fall in love with it :). Played ffxi for years, always wonderd why i stoped playing that... for some reason after my computer crashed while doing a znm tier 4 fight i stoped playing ffxi. Now i wish i never left :(, but at the same time can't really go back to it with ARR coming out around this June.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Ok lot of positive feed back about gw2 here, i think i will give it a try soon :)

Well this thread is still fairly new and doesn't have "GW2" in the topic line.  Give it some time and the usual suspects will find this thread and try to set you straight about GW2 lol.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Karteli

Your description makes it sound far more pvp orientated than the "go over there in a tupperware box to pvp" of wow.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Karteli

Your description makes it sound far more pvp orientated than the "go over there in a tupperware box to pvp" of wow.

It did sound that way .. whoops! hehe

I guess I should clarify about a couple points .. doing bad deeds in the world (ie against your faction) will land you in prison with a 30 minute cooldown from the game, when caught by the guards.  Theres a multiplayer minigame with a ball in prison, while you wait though (non combat pvp).  Prison cooldowns prevent aggressive PVP / griefing.

The sieges are orchestrated events between guilds only.  They are carefully considered beforehand, with intentional damage done to a rival guild.  They aren't something that anyone can just queue up for and drop in.  It would be a major event that guildies would want to show up for.  I believe there is a fixed time between declaring war and when the battle actually starts, so guildies know when to log on.

The pirate faction might be closer to free PVP (anyone can become one if they are very naughty), but you are hated by the civilized factions, as a drawback (kind of like being an enemy of Booty Bay in WoW .. except every town wants to kill you, not just Booty Bay..).  Pirates get their own safe havens /towns though, so theres that.

From what I gather, anyways.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    The repopulation and ESO are the ones that I am excited about. I would add Archeage to my list, but I have been disappointed with every Korean MMO that I have ever played. I won't write Archeage off just yet, but I will not get my hopes up for it either.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I hate Star Trek Online.. most people active on these forums share my opinion.

Stil.. there are 1000s of people on that nerdgasming every day.

Gotta try things yourself.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DarthMajinDarthMajin Member Posts: 92
    My MMO for 2013 will be Defiance. It looks very promising. If you like third person shooters you should take a look at it.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,071
    Enerzeal: It's Vendetta Online

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Waiting for more news about TESO and especially EQ Next. I loved EQ, maybe because it was my first MMO.
  • WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

Asheron's Call 2 was my first MMO Played that game about 10-12 years ago. Played it all the way till EQ2 and then WoW releases. Man those 2 games were awesome when they started out. Over the years I played probably every new game that came out, always going back to EQ2 or WOW. Then they started dumbing the games down, to the point of massacring thier own creations until I finally quit EQ2 and WOW for good. Then there was all the so called "modern" games like AION, RIFT, SW-TOR,

GW2, and the list goes on..

Well I heard Asherons's Cal 2 was just ressurected from the dead by Turbine and thought "Oh man I used to really love that game back in the day but no way I could ever play a game that old now"

Well gess what?

I just had to try it out again and to my amazement it felt like coming home from a long trip!

The game is better than any game I have played since and the graphics aren't half bad once you get the feel for things and the gameplay more than makes up for it. And yes I tried AC1 for about 2 weeks and despite what a lot of old schoolers will say AC2 is way better.

If you want a real MMO and deep engaging gameplay as well as the most amazing community you have ever experienced give AC2 a try and you might be surprised how good it is for a game that was shut down so many years ago.

AC2 was and still is better than any of the crop of lame, lazy game attempts since the start of World of Warcraft.

Could somebody invite me to Guild Wars 2 ? I don't want to rush in ,
  • kiravelikiraveli Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Originally posted by Piiritus
    Waiting for more news about TESO and especially EQ Next. I loved EQ, maybe because it was my first MMO.

I'm with you on that. 

To me TESO looks like it will just sell boxes and fail, but never know. For 2013 it's the only MMO that looks at all interesting. If they go with a sub model, I will definitely pass on playing it. I'm so excited to hear news about EQnext, EQ was my first MMO. I just really, really hope SOE learns their F2P models are bad. 

Tried Blade and Soul, didn't enjoy it. Another no trinity no aggro MMO. Same with TESO, no aggro system or trinity as far as I can tell. I'm already stuck playing GW2 because there's nothing better out there. Maybe Tera if they put out more content but the only content I forsee is cash shop. Such a sad year for healers/supports.

EDIT* Don't think I can invite you, looks like it was just a set time:

We want you to experience Guild Wars 2 and Lost Shores with your friends, so on Monday November 12, we will turn on Refer a Friend Free Trial. You will be able to invite up to 3 Friends to play Guild Wars 2 with you for free from November 15-18.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

I'm more excited about this year than I was about 2012 in terms of MMOs.  It seems there's finally a shift towards more Sandbox styled games and user created content or innovation what with the Map/Quest creator of Neverwinter, the interaction between Television and Video Game with Defiance and the reimagined Final Fantasy XIV.  With regards to FFXIV they're adding some of the most popular things from past FF games into the mix such as Gold Saucer, the Crystal Tower,  Gunblades (One of the main bad guys has one on their website, pointing it at you), and there was even talk about Red XIII early in development (though it was never confirmed).  

In terms of Storyline, they all see almost limitless; the idea of playing as many alts as you want but never doing the same quests seems to be a good idea on paper when it comes to Neverwinter (as they seemlessly add player made quests to real world objects, bar keepers, NPCs, and mercenary job boards).  The ability to see something altered in the show affect the game and vice versa will be interesting (even speaking player's names that performed well on the show side of things), in addition to the three Main Storylines of FFXIV where you don't have to grind five levels to get to the next part.  The storyline in FFXIV alone is supposed to be long enough to level you to max level without doing any side quests or leves unlike in past games such as SWTOR and the first version (Not to mention there being 10+ different classes plus workers to level, so it isn't just get a max level in a month and be done with low level content).

Then we have the possibility of Blade N Soul to release, which may be more of the same in some regards, but with the best over the top combat we've ever seen in a MMORPG.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

Check this dueling video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2_mAC8uP9ps

For me AA fights feel too fast. Some finish in 5 seconds.

AA looks promising, but people expect too much from it. Making the game level based with target combat was huge mistake imho. Sea battles look great tho.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Karteli

ArcheAge has siege battles if you join a faction on the 3rd continent.  Or you can become a pirate and hunt other players / sink their ships on the open seas, etc.  Steal crops from other players, murder players, go to jail, and such.

But it's not a PVP-centric game.  So if you are looking for instant action PVP everytime you switch the game on, you might stick with your other games, or try LoL.

ArcheAge has a big appeal to those interested in sandbox elements, with a mix of PVE, PVP, crafting, house decorating, teraforming (3rd continent), player-to-player relations / interactions, and so on.  Unless, it gets "westernized".

Archeage seens to be like UO + L2 + quests and factions.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Karteli

It did sound that way .. whoops! hehe

I guess I should clarify about a couple points .. doing bad deeds in the world (ie against your faction) will land you in prison with a 30 minute cooldown from the game, when caught by the guards.  Theres a multiplayer minigame with a ball in prison, while you wait though (non combat pvp).  Prison cooldowns prevent aggressive PVP / griefing.

The sieges are orchestrated events between guilds only.  They are carefully considered beforehand, with intentional damage done to a rival guild.  They aren't something that anyone can just queue up for and drop in.  It would be a major event that guildies would want to show up for.  I believe there is a fixed time between declaring war and when the battle actually starts, so guildies know when to log on.

The pirate faction might be closer to free PVP (anyone can become one if they are very naughty), but you are hated by the civilized factions, as a drawback (kind of like being an enemy of Booty Bay in WoW .. except every town wants to kill you, not just Booty Bay..).  Pirates get their own safe havens /towns though, so theres that.

From what I gather, anyways.

I think that when people talk about "free pvp", they are not meaning a "pvp without any consequences", but just the possibility of to kill anyone, without artificial barriers.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I disagree.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"