Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this game under the radar here!

Comments

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Because its just another cancerous clone and most here have thankfully woke up to the fact that cancerclones are complete and utter rubbish.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by remyburke
    It's low on my radar because the game is just more of the same. /yawn

So little knowledge in so few words.

I suppose for someone to of played so many games in so short of time it would seem like ESO is another clone, I mean of the 713 MMO's in your "played" list, which is it a clone of?  But again I suppose thats what is to be expected from someone who cant devote even a modicum of replayability to a game.  I laugh at the irony when you begin playing one of these glorious sandbox's and quit within a few months based on your track record.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by karmath
    Because its just another cancerous clone and most here have thankfully woke up to the fact that cancerclones are complete and utter rubbish.

Clone of what?

Thats like saying Age of Wushu is a clone.

OHH wait, Themepark automatically means WoW clone.  Silly me for forgetting the rules on sandbox.com.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    It's not under the radar, it's just not a sandbox, which is what the current trend is here.  

You make me like charity

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    anyone who has really read and kept up with this game knows its far from a clone. There is some gameplay videos up on youtube already i just watched a 9 minute one today that showed some combat and was posted at the end of november. I still play skyrim on a daily basis and will enjoy going back 1000 years to see the places listed in the books you read in skyrim. The game is being converted to an mmorpg so it will lose some of the TES first person immersive feelings but saying this game is just more of the same shows how bias people on this site are and do not even try to keep up with the news of it.
  • NC-JohnNC-John Member Posts: 113
    I really hate to be jaded guy #991992999292 but it looks like another snore fest.  But to be fair, I will check it out when it goes free to play.

"Not even a cray super computer can make this game run well. Thats what happens when you code an MMO in pascal. " - miglor

• MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169

You get an "Epic personal story", 3 faction PVP and "When enough territory is controlled by one faction, that faction can attempt to seize control of the Ruby Throne in Imperial City. Whichever character contributed the most to this conquest will be made Emperor"     source http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/247605/page/3   ,      and i dont get those people who say that the game isnt going to be like the other games where u can tailor your class how u want. This is a quote

"One of the aspects that has appealed the most to me throughout the Elder Scrolls franchise has been the wide-open character class system. Or, rather, the persistent lack of one. The skill-based character allows for much more freedom and customization - you can totally tailor your character to how you want to play the game, rather than be forced along a progression track by a rigidly-defined class."   source http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/247605/page/4

you are not bound to a certain class, u can make your own.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Mischiff
    You get an "Epic personal story", 3 faction PVP and "When enough territory is controlled by one faction, that faction can attempt to seize control of the Ruby Throne in Imperial City. Whichever character contributed the most to this conquest will be made Emperor"     source http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/247605/page/3   ,      and i dont get those people who say that the game isnt going to be like the other games where u can tailor your class how u want. This is a quote

All three of them are gimicks.

Personal story will last you less than a week, imo story is a weak part of an mmorpg.
    3 faction pvp with races that make no sense in an instanced battle ground? Doesnt excite me.

"One of the aspects that has appealed the most to me throughout the Elder Scrolls franchise has been the wide-open character class system. Or, rather, the persistent lack of one. The skill-based character allows for much more freedom and customization - you can totally tailor your character to how you want to play the game, rather than be forced along a progression track by a rigidly-defined class."   source http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/247605/page/4

you are not bound to a certain class, u can make your own.

Me being a cloth assassin cant be done.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Niith
    TESO doesn't have any instanced battlegrounds AT ALL

I agree with you on classes, but only skyrim has no classes, both Morrowind and oblivion had classes, all be it you could create your own custom class at the start of the game.

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    NiithTESO doesn't have any instanced battlegrounds AT ALL

Yes, It does. they just call them "campaigns" different variations of cyrodiil. you and a friend could be playing completely different versions.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

Hmm a wobbly interpretation at the least. Sure they spawn extra copies of world zones, which I'm not keen on. But it still doesn't make it a battleground. It's not a timed match for a start.

Hmm a wobbly interpretation at the least. Sure they spawn extra copies of world zones, which I'm not keen on. But it still doesn't make it a battleground. It's not a timed match for a start.

How does it being timed or not have any bearing on it being a "battleground"?

how does: "An area which can and does spawn multiple copies in which you pvp against other players" not qualify it for s 'battleground'?

edit; Campaigns do have an end condition, so there is a said timer if i read the articles correctly.

Because a battleground as most people understand it is a timed match with equal sides doing ctf or some other ramming of a fps square peg in a mmo round hole.

Most people don't consider the whole of oblivion with persistent siege warfare, open dungeons and everything else a battleground.

The only people who do are those with a "wow clone! Wow clone! Burn the witch" agenda.

The only people who do are those with a "wow clone! Wow clone! Burn the witch" agenda.

Never said it was a wow clone, I will say that i believe that the devs do a very good play on words and funnel peoples perceptions of "what they hope it will be like".

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by Ecoces

MMORPG.com is the MMO hipster hangout.

ewww it doesn't have open world PVP ewww

ewww it doesn't have full loot ewww

ewww it has instances ewww

ewww its not a sandbox ewww

id rather wait for "the Repopulation" or insert some other obscure indie title thats made by 4 guys in their parents basement.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Originally posted by ktanner3
    Originally posted by Ecoces

MMORPG.com is the MMO hipster hangout.

ewww it doesn't have open world PVP ewww

ewww it doesn't have full loot ewww

ewww it has instances ewww

ewww its not a sandbox ewww

id rather wait for "the Repopulation" or insert some other obscure indie title thats made by 4 guys in their parents basement.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!

Or maybe people are just tired of buying new MMO's every two - three months due to design faults of the devs.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I think the reaction to Elder Scrolls Online since it was announced has been largely ranging from "meh" to "WTFOMGSUXXORZ" and not a lot of positivity to counter that.

I am a huge Elder Scrolls fan and can admit to being somewhere in between those feelings of negativity. At first I thought Matt Firor was just trying to make DAoC 2 with an Elder Scrolls skin. Then I wondered how an Elder Scrolls game can be made without Todd Howard. Now I just worry that it'll be, at best, a typical mediocre themepark MMO with a shiny surface and no real depth or longevity except perhaps for PVPers.

I'll be trying it for sure, but I am not particularly excited about it.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Why does this game seem to be under the radar on this web site?

On tentonhammer.com,. it got voted the most anticipated game for 2013. ive not seen any info  on MMORPG's home page yet.  Maybe i missed it ..  From what ive seen , it looks promising.  Least till Arche Age comes out.

Because it is yet another great IP being forced into the ThemePark mold where as obviously it should not be. A lot of people were expecting Skyrim Online but instead we are getting Elder Scrolls of Warcraft Online.

I was excited for it until I heard about that mega server stuff. I really don't like instancing. It's why a get annoyed at the "they're just making daoc with a tes skin" lines. I wish they were. If they were it would be more like tes - player housing, no instancing, huge open world etc..

The other thing that worries me is the "trying to bring the single player experience, so you are the hero" thing. That works in single player games, it doesn't work in mmos. "you are the hero" is stupid when theres 3000 other "one and only saviour of tamriel" running around with you. also it leads to them using phasing which I hate with a Passion in games like swtor.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

On tentonhammer.com,. it got voted the most anticipated game for 2013. ive not seen any info  on MMORPG's home page yet.  Maybe i missed it ..  From what ive seen , it looks promising.  Least till Arche Age comes out.

Its not. It has had 6 features about it already this year. Definitely not under the radar.

When I first heard about it I thought
    tes + daoc = win win win

But its looking more like
    Tes + daoc + swtor, which frankly don't exite me too much.
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    A: Because I burned out on WoW long ago.

<3

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

It isn't under the radar but it is certainly showing up as hotile. Why? Here are my main points: -

Freedom to choose race, class, skills, home, to join factions/guilds when and if I want?

I have always had the freedom to choose any faction or guild or even a combination (and even all of them) as and when I wanted to. I at no time had to join a faction unless I wanted to do so for the benefits it would provide. At no time was I forced or even expected to choose a side in any conflict unless I wanted to do so.

I could play any race, use any skill, play any ‘class’ (class is an odd one as class was a rough set of skills that were linked to a class but were not restricted to that class. I could play like a Two handed  Berserker and still learn how to sneak and talk to other people) there were just synergistic reasons to choose certain race, skill, class combinations. An Orc Thief/mage was as viable a build as a Khajit one.

Can I eventually save enough money and/or earn enough favour to buy a house and improve it?

Might just be a personal thing (I doubt it though) but one of the big parts of TES games has always been buying a house and living in it, storing stuff in it, decorating it and basically turning it into my characters ‘home’. I would be Maelwydd the Breton of Riften who sells high quality weapons and armour.

Can I explore the entire game world?

With any TES game I would get a map of the game world and go anywhere on the map. Any artificial border was due to the fact the game didn’t exist there, annoying but it is a game so understanding the limitations makes that ok. You would never get to a point where you couldn’t explore someone and kick yourself for not creating a damn Elf because they could explore that mountain over there but a Breton can’t. There might well be places you wouldn’t want to go but you certainly wouldn’t be looking wryly at a mountain in the distance, shown on your map that was blocked simply because you chose the wrong faction.

Can I choose to just live in the world and not fight and still experience the game?

After character creation you could do what you wanted and go where you wanted. Except for the main destiny quest which you would have (but didn’t have to ever do) you were free to play however you wanted. In the recent Skyrim game I have many different builds. One was a Greataxe Nord, another was a stealthy thief Breton, another was a mage who never used melee, ever, and won every fight using summoned creatures and debuffs and sold alchemy potions from town to town.

I don’t want to enter the world and find my “faction is already losing the war, join the fight” or similar…I don’t care. If I join the war and choose a side then I will care. Until then I want to explore the world, find a place I like, work my way to buying a house there and making a living.

This is how I play TES but it doesn’t appear that it is the way I will be able to play TESO…I don't want a PvP centric MMO, I want The Elder Scrolls Online...

lol funny thought came to me.

The way they have designed factions and races is sort of like locking up all the Japanese in the US during the 2nd world war simply because of where they were from. Just because someone had a different nationality didn't prevent them from fighting for their home. Are we to assume that we cannot join other factions is because, sticking to the lore, we would all be put into detention camps? Kind of a racist design premise lol

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,892

The game is not under the radar at all. There have been many articles about it.

It's not getting a lot of love here because it seems that there are many people who are not excited on how they designed it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • wildtalentwildtalent Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Me, personally, I have wanted this since Skyrim's release.  Which is why I am terrified of it.  So many IP's are glossed up and presented to us in MMO form and we are happy to get them, until we play them.  I DO NOT want that to happen this time.  I don't want to ride the hype train.  I want to be hit by it, hard,  when it releases AFTER I try it out for myself this time.