Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is this game under the radar here!

Why does this game seem to be under the radar on this web site?

On tentonhammer.com,. it got voted the most anticipated game for 2013. ive not seen any info  on MMORPG's home page yet.  Maybe i missed it ..  From what ive seen , it looks promising.  Least till Arche Age comes out.

Comments

• mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114

I think it is pop with a lot of people.

Personally though,I feel it is just another 'SWTOR / TSW single player fully instanced / phased mmo' with blocking and dodge mechanics. The combat was the only thing that had peaked my interest but I haven't read anything about crafting, and I have been told that  player homes / guild halls will be a no go in this game. The more that I see about it the less interested I am in, but I would love to be blindsided with an amazing MMO of my dreams, this is just looking less and less like it will be that for me.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by mrBurns210
     but I would love to be blindsided with an amazing MMO of my dreams

This type of thinking needs to stop. Everyday people post laundry lists of what they wish they could have in a game. There will never be an MMO of your dreams, and if there is a partial one, it WILL eventually evolve into something you don't like. Whether that happens due to a patch, expansion, or simple burn out - you can't have your dream game while other people are involved.

I don't mean this as a personal attack mrburns, but this is a typical sentiment that it all too common. And it's an unhealthy expectation for people to hold. When assessing a game, you should only ask if it's fun and if you got your money's worth from it. Everything beyond that is bonus.

• mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Rusque

This type of thinking needs to stop. Everyday people post laundry lists of what they wish they could have in a game. There will never be an MMO of your dreams, and if there is a partial one, it WILL eventually evolve into something you don't like. Whether that happens due to a patch, expansion, or simple burn out - you can't have your dream game while other people are involved.

I don't mean this as a personal attack mrburns, but this is a typical sentiment that it all too common. And it's an unhealthy expectation for people to hold. When assessing a game, you should only ask if it's fun and if you got your money's worth from it. Everything beyond that is bonus.

This type of nonsense needs to stop. Telling someone how to think is absurd. Besides dreaming is part of life and I have many dreams some of which involve my leisure activities. Stating I would love to be blindsided by an amazing MMO of my dreams is a generality. I have no expectations of a mmo being of my dreams that is what the term blindsided means.

Just to point out I am playing a few mmos I enjoy. Currently playing one that is damn close to my dream mmo and it is still in beta.

"When assessing a game, you should only ask if it's fun and if you got your money's worth from it. Everything beyond that is bonus."

In the same sentence you quoted me:

"The more that I see about it the less interested I am in," -meaning TESO is looking like i wouldnt give it a dime.

• AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961

@OP

I wouldn't say it is "under  the radar". Check the News articles, there have been at least 3 news articles during the last weeks.

But you are right, the hype for TESO is not very high on this page. Personally I am in the same boat. I really don't see much about TESO which would get me hyped.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by Rusque

I don't agree with you!

If you read these forums, most people do want the same thing, but it doesn't seem to exist - a sandbox MMORPG with a themepark thrown in.

Throw in virtual reality capability, and people's expectations will be surpassed.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

because its categorized as a theme park, those types of games get no love here.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Maybe when they release a gameplay trailer.
  • Ravager80Ravager80 Member Posts: 10
    Mehh, I am now between my third choice of games to play. The first two beeing FFXIV ARR and ArcheAge. I guess I'll just have to wait untill they are all released to see which is top dog!
  • 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

I think even people excited for this meh game hopes it's an end of a completely useless cycle.

Taking the 2003 era theme park model and forcing it on an IP just can't be exciting any longer. Plus Elder Scrolls fans like me (there's a few out there like me) are completely disgusted with the pigeon holed cookie cutter game they're hoping to cash in on.

Any Elder Scrolls game that lacks the ability to customize a class, free roam, join any faction isn't an Elder Scrolls game.

a yo ho ho

• EcocesEcoces Member UncommonPosts: 879

MMORPG.com is the MMO hipster hangout.

ewww it doesn't have open world PVP ewww

ewww it doesn't have full loot ewww

ewww it has instances ewww

ewww its not a sandbox ewww

id rather wait for "the Repopulation" or insert some other obscure indie title thats made by 4 guys in their parents basement.

• pantheronpantheron Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by 3-4thElf

Any Elder Scrolls game that lacks the ability to customize a class, free roam, join any faction isn't an Elder Scrolls game.

agreed. I mean I really am not a fan of the Elder Scrolls, since im not  really into such open world, free form, single player games, but I'm glad it exists for those who want it. I get lost and because of that get bored. but that doesn't mean I would want them to change that to fit ME. I have games that give me the fix I want. Elder Scrolls Online seems to be trying to fill an already filled niche. 

the name doesn't mean anything to me, so what does it have to offer to me other than the name? as far as I've read/seen, nothing.

and Don't get me wrong, I love theme parks; I play GW2 and Aion, and I don't see how ESO is going to replace those.  

I play MMOs for the Forum PVP

• revcasyrevcasy Member UncommonPosts: 14

MMORPG is not generally the place to get a feeling for how popular is going to be until it gets a little closer to release than ESO is now. Most people who enjoy games avoid the forums, etc. here because of all of the negativity and elitism, so that only leaves the people who are generally disatisfied with MMO games.

Those people (i.e. disatisfied or jaded players) may or may not have valid reasons for the way they feel, but they don't represent the majority view on MMOs. You only have to look at the incredible amount of money that the genre pulls in every year to see how different the demographic is here.

The indie games that recieve the bulk of the praise here (what little praise there is) do not generally set the woods on fire financially. (Note: I personally love some indie games, but I am not a hipster about it.)

The only time this really changes is when a AAA title is close to release and its fans finally bother to come here and hype it up.

TL:DR Complainers are always loudest.

• ZandilZandil Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Mischiff

On tentonhammer.com,. it got voted the most anticipated game for 2013. ive not seen any info  on MMORPG's home page yet.  Maybe i missed it ..  From what ive seen , it looks promising.  Least till Arche Age comes out.

Really ? they have had heaps of stuff on the home page, a little while ago they did a hands on game play article.

I think TSEO is trying to avoid the over-Hype that SWTOR and GW2 got caught up with. Having Millions of people coming into your game on day one, and finding out the game is not what they expected, because the game was so media hyped to be something it was never intended to be is not a good thing.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

The staff here do a weekly article about it which is pretty awesome.

I personally don't think its under the radar because there are alot of hate coming about some aspects of the game.  Other then Neverwinter, this is the only other game I am following and will be there on day 1.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Mischiff

Because we have no where near enough information on it. We have no gameplay footage. There are also a lot of concerns about the handling of the IP in an MMO. 

Many questions and no concrete answers in sight. 

Until more information and footage is out the game will pretty much remain under the radar. Many are keeping an eye or ear out for news, but not many are gearing up and getting hyped or grabbing their pitch forks yet. 

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    It might have a chance to be good if it stays under the radar.
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

I dont care what anybody says this game will still rock even if it dosent get the spotlight for even a minute.

• MaephistoMaephisto Member Posts: 632

If this is a game you are following and highly anticipate, then you want it to fly under the radar (on mmorpg.com).

You want only those who are genuinely interested in the game to post here.  It makes for really good conversations, information sharing and general news.   Back in 2010 - 2011, the GW2 forum on here was really, really good. 

Well, we all know what happened there. 

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

I agree! ^

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    It's low on my radar because the game is just more of the same. /yawn

Joined - July 2004

• paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by remyburke
    It's low on my radar because the game is just more of the same. /yawn

This pretty much sums it up. Add a shield block to GW2 and it sounds like it could be the same game. ( Except you are not zone locked in GW2. )

Some will really really like it.

However, I have a fear that they are walking into a trap. They are quite possibly making a game that will make NO ONE happy.The TES fans will say its not enough like a TES game and the MMO fans will say it is too much like a TES game or it is a clone.

Myself? No thank you. I am tired of the derivative  EQ/WOW gameplay and I yearn for something different. I will have to keep voting with my wallet I guess. I will be taking a pass on this one. Its ok though, lots of good single player games I have to get caught up on.

Pong got boring and went away after a while. Space Invaders got boring and went away. Pacman got boring. Side Scrollers got boring. Top down RPG's got boring. Rock Band games got boring. The same could happen to the MMO genre if there is no innovation soon.

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Zenimax doesnt want to be innovative or to move the genre forward. That would take work and effort.

They want to suck as much $$$ as possible out of people before they get tired of the banal gameplay that MMOs have become and stop buying them.

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

To me this is the main game I am following and want to play.  It will have advanced, modern combat system, tons of customization for character, an interesting, exciting worldf with good PVP options.

Other games that keep getting hype here always fail. Darkfall always gets tons of hype and always sucks badly. 

ArcheAge is a Korean game with dated tab combat and quest hubs from the original WOW, boring as hell. The sandbox features and all that are overexaggerated from every hands on preview i have seen it sounds bland and like it will fail in the West.

TES online is what I can't wait to try. 

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Until Now I dont see reasons to get excited

Its just that, maybe I change my mind to ''Yeah I could try it out'' when a gameplay video comes out but thats it, I dont see myself getting hyped up for it like I am for some singleplayers that are coming out

Neverwinter caught my attention due to its combat but still, im not hyped for that either

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    hmm let's see if you are looking forward to this game then ya maybe it seems under the radar. To me someone who thinks this game will be nothing special, all the hype its getting to me is just cause its in the Elder Scrolls universe nothing i enjoyed about skyrim do i expect to find in this game. So it all just depends on how much you value something.