Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not miss out on this game.

123457»

Comments

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride
    edit: Is the game in a close to finished state? Last I heard beta had a good amount of unfinished content they were working on, i've been holding off so that when I do try it i'd get the full experience in theory.

They have 3 acts in game. They are planning on releasing at least 10 acts. Hopeing for 1 a year minimum. Now is the time to play. No reason to wait. The amazing is LIVE :D

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

Starting a fresh Fire Witcher on HC now. Hopefully I can keep it alive to merciless and beyond. Really love fire witches so i decided to make another but this time much more defensive. HP and ES nodes plzzzz! :D

Hero Evermore

• HestiaHestia Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Im very impressed with this game so far. My first ARPG, never tried D3 or Torchlight. Really enjoying myself here with a couple of my friends! Worth the try.

Thought id throw out an update to my progression in game. I made a new Witcher recently and its not lvl 61 on merciless which is so exciting! im playing it extra safe so i dont die! Though personally i dont think HC is anymore fun than SC but it is another challenge and it feels like a different game cause most of my uber stuff has been found on HC. So now ive got to gear up and farm again.

2 awesome new skills were just added to PoE (one coming today)

Love GGG. Top notch company, top notch game.

Ive been away for a week so hello again friends. Another ban...i gotta stop talkn smack about wushu lol

Hero Evermore

Been farming off and on again and im really happy with the new map drop rate and constant updates. Some super cool new skills came out recently which is a HUGE deal considering the new variety it adds to the game. I am playing a few other games right now as well, just some beta testing but I know that PoE will be around for years and years on this computer. RNG can be fun, if it's what you are looking for :D

Hero Evermore

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

Fun game, reminds me of when i used to play D2 back in high school.

have a lv71 ice witchs and still loving it.   will try HC as my 2nd alt.

wish MMOs had an open skill system similar to POE but i can only hope.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    they deserve only success. well done to those guys and ty for a top notch free game
  • davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    POE is fucking  da best game  they care for players! not like blizzard only care for money p2p+p2w
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by davc123
    POE is fucking  da best game  they care for players! not like blizzard only care for money p2p+p2w

if you complain about blizz then what about EA? they are the champions of player scamming

Originally posted by skeith138

Fun game, reminds me of when i used to play D2 back in high school.

have a lv71 ice witchs and still loving it.   will try HC as my 2nd alt.

wish MMOs had an open skill system similar to POE but i can only hope.

The problem is games balance for PvP and that just ruins all the possibilities of PvE depth. A huge gripe of mine because I want there to be no trinity in games at all. It's pointless to me. Balance everything for hp and dmg and than let what functions i prefer to use be my weapons. I wish I made games. Oh wells. Least gems like PoE come out once in awhile, even if it doesnt reinvent the wheel.

Hero Evermore

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    PoE is a great game, its what diablo 3 should have been insted of the piece of shit it is. I highly reccomend it. ALso for a f2p it is totally not pay2win either, pretty much all of the cash shop stuff last I checked is cosmetic, alot of people buy stuff from the shop to support the company, the game is that good that they just throw money at GGG for nothing. I am currently not playing it now though, I tend to go from game to game after a bit then go back to it to avoid burnout.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Glad you are all enjoying the game! I am taking a little break because it seems to be "closed beta" season and all these companys keep spamming my inbox to play there games...sigh (i love it).

Really glad this game gets such frequent updates. This game won;t be removed from my computer any year soon. That is a fact. They are coming out with new passive skills that are about to make the game a LOT different. Melee is about to become seriously OP. (range is always OP and I play a Witcher so this is not a complaint). I am excited to someday roll a new maruader as I built a very simple lvl 60 maruader for leap slam and found it extremely boring. Almost as boring as a freeze pulse build (most overused lame build ever).

Peace and Love and as always props to GGG for such a great game.

Edit:

P.S. Thanks for making this thread one of the most positive threads I have ever created. Goes to show how a good game truly does bring happy gamers alive. When it is truly much easier to complain about games we disliked.

Keep me posted on your progression as well! Love hearing all about the characters you all make! Or crazy deaths! In fact ill end by telling you guys one of mine.

So I hit lvl 62 on my Hardcore Witcher. I decide im going to just do some super easy (10 lvls below me faceroll stage) Ledge stage clears. So i zone in near the waypoint and my phone rings. I'm gone for maybe 15 secs and I come back dead....2 weeks of work poof. LOL! Honestly I did not even care because I have so many other games to play right now but oh man you shoulda heard my girlfriend who was the caller. She was literally about to cry thinking it was all her fault (which it obviously was) (jk). I just kept laughing honestly because at least I can say "nothing can kill me but myself" lol.

*cheers*

Hero Evermore

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646
    Yeah, game is pretty awesome!
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855
    Originally posted by HeroEvermore

Do what my title says. Play THIS GAME!

I am not a typical fan of ARPG games. I did not buy diablo 3, played beta to 12  (to colorful, not scary). I beat diablo 1 and 2 and then quit both after all the fun.

Being a content locust myself I play everything there is. I don't care if its ugly, I just want to understand what functions every game has first hand. I could care less how it sounds on paper or sees in a video. I want to know how IT FEELS!!!

Path of Exiles FEELS like the best ARPG ever made. I have gone into dungeons and crossed mobs that have put me down before I could blink. I crawl into a deeper dungeon and my field of view is hindered by shadows. I am spamming AoE from the tips of my fingers hoping to weaken anything that may aproach. I must not die. I must get some shiny loot. :D

I am only level 22 on my main in this game. I have mainly focused on one of the Acts. No matter how many hours I put into this game I know that when I turn it off. I will be back. There is no point in me ever taking it off my harddrive. The only other game I never delete is Starcraft 2 (I am so hooked on a mod called Desert Strike. Terran FTW). It's so nice having a game that has no monthly fee. That can give you the small gaming session of 45 mins here and there or feed my gaming weekends. I am truly smitten by this game. The funny thing is I played this game once. Kind of ignored it. Logged in again last month and was immediatly realizing what I had on my hands.

Props to Grinding Gear Games. This game will be around for a long long time I hope. It will have a niche. A respectable one of gamers looking for something similar to when they were younger discovering there first dungeon crawler they fell in love with.

A true fan-

Edit: Jan 31

Level 50 now. Died on final act 2 boss in HC /cry! Have now reached Cruel act 3 and oh man is soloing getting hard. This game will want you to group up for sure.

Highly suggest building with a lot of elemental resist. I am a witcher and man is it rough lol. Challenge is good. SO fun.

Edit: Feb 4

Just reached Merciless Act 3. The bandits were pretty tough I actually had to group up for one of them. Act 3 is very tough. It's hard in the sense that you are going to walk forward sometimes and take 5 arrows to the dome at once and you will die from this. I am a Witcher and im very squishy when it comes to actual ES and HP (1600 in total) because I am more defensive in the resist approach. I usually spam skelletons and zombies 24/7. I use a spell totem fireball and spam firestorm and the fire curse. Its a ton of fun and I use the unique staff that adds +2 levels to fire gems which is now giving my fireball over 400 dps boost. It gets pretty crazy having that gem level mod when the gems are already so high as is (it takes millions of xp to lvl a gem now). I even got super lucky and made some lightning mod 3 link wands for my buddy who plays. Hes going to love those. Still enjoying this game a lot and getting in as much time as I can. I will probably start grouping up a lot more now because the loot is WAY better. Though i do enjoy soloing at my own pace. It's very challenging.

AMEN bro.....after D3 i played POE beta and i instantly bought the damn thing and uninstalled D3 without even looking back and i used to be a big diablo fan.

• aranhaaranha Member UncommonPosts: 171

I just did my first playthru and act 3 is AMASING! The detail and everything is top notch and was completely blown away.

This game truely deserves success and loved every single moment of it. Cant wait to play the next acts!

Refreshing to say the least for an old MMORPG & ARPG gamer :D